Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOOKING FOR GOLDSCAN 4 Schematic.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jose
    replied
    I could lower the "ExpressSCH" program. Ivconic Great job, thanks
    Jose

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I have several GS schematics drawn by various people.
    None of those in format that i can edit or rearrange, usually those are PDF or JPG or similar.
    So first things goes first... i had to redraw it in ExpressSCH and make it "editable" for eventual corrections or modifications.
    This will be looong winter
    !
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    I like the idea of being able to control the TX pulse width independent of the source, while both synchronized.
    I think the next step to consider is the power consumption.
    There are other possibilities that can be condiderar, for example if it is necessary to regulate the 12 volts, or 24 V to TX, or fed directly from the battery, as does the GS5, according to the published schedule.
    O also feed the TX stage 14.4 or 16 volts with inverter self-regulated in order to get something more sensitivity.
    Battery and source circuits could be sepados. As you say it is good to reduce the noise as much as possible.
    The possibilities are many, I think the experts can give a better review than me.
    Jose

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Jose how about this:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Invert002.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	338537

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose View Post
    Ivconic, I wonder if I could run this scheme with a duty cycle of 10% alrrededor, as befits the TX pulse GS4.
    Jose
    Yes good question.
    Circuit is academic, shown mainly as idea, so we can talk and elaborate it more as approach.
    Main problem, relating to noise at simpler PI designs, that i noticed so far; usually are discrepancy and crossing between main TX oscillator and power inverters or charge pumps, so as power&ground planes redistribution on design itself (pcb and parts).
    So idea is to run TX on basic frequency but also to use same one for power inverter, no dividing, no multiplying.
    The simpler power inverter - the better.
    I considered use of some conventional switch, but all those are presenting huge source of noise, though some of those are frequently used in such PI designs.
    This mod i am suggesting is just a principle which may be improved further.
    GS4 is problematic because we have several different voltages to carry about. All those to come from same source. All those to synchronize. Problem.
    So i would rather pay attention to that aspect and less to else.
    Also i would like to avoid solutions like mc34063, 7660 and similar, because those are splendid noise generators on the first place
    !

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    I came across to this interesting idea today.
    It should be pretty much "synchronized" and shouldn't involve any significant noise amount from power inverter to the rest of circuitry.
    Now, the rest of GS circuitry must be adapted to this solution.
    Real art would be most proper ground plane redistribution on future pcb.
    Now... i am under real doubts and also very tempted to try to use "virtual ground" formed at U2-U5 stage as main pcb ground plane, instead as it was done at original GS4.
    I could use others opinion on this.
    This is more interesting to me than all the rests of circuitry
    .

    [ATTACH]27374[/ATTACH]
    Ivconic, I wonder if I could run this scheme with a duty cycle of 10% alrrededor, as befits the TX pulse GS4.
    Jose

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I came across to this interesting idea today.
    It should be pretty much "synchronized" and shouldn't involve any significant noise amount from power inverter to the rest of circuitry.
    Now, the rest of GS circuitry must be adapted to this solution.
    Real art would be most proper ground plane redistribution on future pcb.
    Now... i am under real doubts and also very tempted to try to use "virtual ground" formed at U2-U5 stage as main pcb ground plane, instead as it was done at original GS4.
    I could use others opinion on this.
    This is more interesting to me than all the rests of circuitry
    .

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Mod001.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	338535

    Leave a comment:


  • greylourie
    replied
    Hi porkluvr

    You did some very nice work on a power supply for Tinkerers IB P.I. Do you think you could bash up a suitable low noise power supply replacement for the GS4 ? I'm not really au fait with electronics. I try to cut and paste, and would probably end up doing something terribly silly.

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    OK I renamed the pdf files and now they open no problem. Thanks, all!

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Originally posted by greylourie View Post
    Hi Jose
    Did you see this post, by JLKing in HH2 thread : http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...754#post120754
    He said removing C24 improved response to small targets. Do you think this would work with your GS ?
    Thanks greylourie.
    I am using 15 pF and seems to work well instead of C24.
    I think I read that Carl said it was possibly a mistake copying and pasting.
    Jose

    Leave a comment:


  • greylourie
    replied
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    I would add: a little microprocessor could semplify all the timing generation and audio processing of this project...
    Altair, I think you have a good suggestion. But first I think the most important things to do are : implement zero offset opamps, simplify/remove some switches, improve/copy/create low noise power supply.
    Once those things are successfully done, then your suggestion becomes a logical and easy step.....

    This thread is full of good tips on improving the GS4. See posts by Reg, Jose, Max and others.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Thanks Ivconic by the PCB. I'm surprised this work.
    Experiences realized with LM337, one can see in previous post, this scheme is equal to that appeared in the equemas GS5.
    I think the purpose of using the LM337 was to limit the current in some GS5 that they had a TX pulse width 200 ns, and a high frequency of 3000 Hz alrrededor in order to use different low resistance coils, without overloading the stage TX, and limit the power consumption.
    Then I stop using those GS5, which had a pulse width of 100 ns, depending can remember having read in the forum Findmall.
    Currently I do not use this limiter, because I am using the original frequency of 450-550 Hz and a pulse width of 120 ns.
    Many problems related to noise, left when replacing the 555, by 7660.
    Jose

    Leave a comment:


  • greylourie
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose View Post
    6666, Apologies, I forgot to correct.
    Install in place 15 pf.
    Jose
    Hi Jose
    Did you see this post, by JLKing in HH2 thread : http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...754#post120754
    He said removing C24 improved response to small targets. Do you think this would work with your GS ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    I would add: a little microprocessor could semplify all the timing generation and audio processing of this project...

    Leave a comment:


  • mohandes
    replied
    Originally posted by pigeon View Post
    hi all

    this projet work?

    thank you
    i have a this question too

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X