Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falcon MD20

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Friiman
    replied
    Can post them here in a bit.. Going to try posting some pictures of it to but im new to posting, i only read threads, so this is my first ever =)
    Do you have any clue with the coil? i can see its dimention and all by ripping the pvs pipe open but i dont want to wind it up just yet i want to figure it out how many turns etc before i might destroy it.. its really tiny coil, about 2mm in each direction.. posting those image to later.. Sorry for some miss spelling and such. English aint my first language =)

    Leave a comment:


  • jladre
    replied
    Originally posted by Friiman View Post
    Finally I found people making this pcb. I thought I was the only one until I found this forum.
    i made a pcb and etched it myself and now I ordered it from oshpark.com but I have one last issue regarding the coil.
    Havent ripped it all out. But I can see that it's a ferrite core 50mm long and have a tiny coil at the end measured it at 140uh 2,8ohm. But my meter can be off and it can be like previous posts saying its 150uh 2ohm. For any who's interested in the component values I can post them. I got the ne555p timer version.
    Hi Friiman! Can you send me the pcb and components values and other information to my email [email protected]?

    Leave a comment:


  • Friiman
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Friiman
    replied
    Finally I found people making this pcb. I thought I was the only one until I found this forum.
    i made a pcb and etched it myself and now I ordered it from oshpark.com but I have one last issue regarding the coil.
    Havent ripped it all out. But I can see that it's a ferrite core 50mm long and have a tiny coil at the end measured it at 140uh 2,8ohm. But my meter can be off and it can be like previous posts saying its 150uh 2ohm. For any who's interested in the component values I can post them. I got the ne555p timer version.

    Leave a comment:


  • IBGold
    replied
    I do not have that problem my frequency meter works up to 5GHz but so far all I can get out of this circuit is around 9.6KHz so it is on the backburner while I finish another project.

    Regards, Ian.

    Leave a comment:


  • Noro
    replied
    I start laughing ...
    I built most schemes forum and get stuck at 3 transistors MD falcon
    I have a frecventiometru but up to 20kHz so I can not measure over 300kz ... because I stingy a dip meter grip!

    Leave a comment:


  • IBGold
    replied
    Hi Noro,

    I am using the specified In34A diodes.

    Regards, Ian.

    Leave a comment:


  • Noro
    replied
    Just try germanium point diodes

    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    Originally posted by IBGold View Post
    but as it is a clone I do not think the company will give me the alignment procedure I was hoping someone here who had built one had the correct tune-up procedure.


    Regards, Ian.
    dont tell them!, send bklein a PM and "borrow" his serial no and ask him where and who to phone, then go through the procedure, then write a tutourial here.
    sometimes you have to bend the rules for the greater good.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by totob View Post
    Can i use silicon diode 1N4148 instead of germanium diode 1N34A ?
    interesting, I did not notice these are Ge diodes. thinking you can use Schottky diodes instead 1N34A...

    Leave a comment:


  • totob
    replied
    Can i use silicon diode 1N4148 instead of germanium diode 1N34A ?

    Leave a comment:


  • IBGold
    replied
    Hi Noro,

    Is your board the same as in Thomas's post mine is but with some SMD components.


    Good luck.

    Regards, Ian.

    Leave a comment:


  • Noro
    replied
    Thanks Ian , suposse in this week a have time for this hobby,I'll try to take care of coil.
    To have a good weekend Ian ! Noro

    Leave a comment:


  • IBGold
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Pin-pointer 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	343760
    Hi Noro,

    No only wound on ferrite rod picture above the shaft is not aluminium it is plastic just painted to match the box below the ferrite section.

    Regards, Ian.
    Last edited by IBGold; 10-02-2015, 05:52 AM. Reason: To make more sence.

    Leave a comment:


  • Noro
    replied
    Ian, you tried toroidal ferrite coil?Tnx Noro!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X