Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falcon MD20

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IBGold
    replied
    Noro, my coil is wound on a 10mm ferrite rod 100mm long using .2mm enamelled wire tightly wound about 50mm long and measures 153uh and 1.5 ohms it is now shielded and covered to make it waterproof so a picture will not help you.

    Regards, Ian.

    Leave a comment:


  • Noro
    replied
    For ibgold please post image for your coil sensor, what is number of coil ,diameter of wire.In my schematic only 33khz obtain rezonance for this metal detector.Tnx.Noro!

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Ah overseen, seems it is about movable copper/brass ring on Falcons sensor:



    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by IBGold View Post
    Hi I fitted the copper band today and yes I can see changes to the waveform by moving the band but as it is a clone I do not think the company will give me the alignment procedure I was hoping someone here who had built one had the correct tune-up procedure.


    Regards, Ian.
    Hi. Can you draw a sketch where those copper band is located (near to coil or over the coil)?
    Probably most of us haven't idea of what exactly you are talking about with this "copper band", cause we never seen Falcon in vivo.

    Leave a comment:


  • IBGold
    replied
    Hi I fitted the copper band today and yes I can see changes to the waveform by moving the band but as it is a clone I do not think the company will give me the alignment procedure I was hoping someone here who had built one had the correct tune-up procedure.


    Regards, Ian.

    Leave a comment:


  • bklein
    replied
    I have one of these and I called the company and the guy there talked me through the tuneup procedure as it wasn't working right. It depended upon certain manipulations of the inductive ring (and trim pots) but unfortunately I don't remember the details.

    Leave a comment:


  • IBGold
    replied
    I have not fitted the copper band yet as I figured it was only for tuning the coil but will fit it tomorrow and see if it makes any difference to the coil but I think my problem is with the trimmer settings.

    Regards, Ian.

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    There was a Copper Band to tune the Coil. You slid it up or down to adjust the coil.

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by IBGold View Post
    Hi ......to I will worry about the copper band when I get the unit working.

    Regards, Ian.
    Hi Ian

    I don't understand this your sentence. Can you explain what you have in mind?

    Leave a comment:


  • IBGold
    replied
    Hi greylourie, yes I have read all that is here I have waveforms but no audio but without an alignment procedure I have no idea where all the trimmers should be set to I will worry about the copper band when I get the unit working.

    Regards, Ian.

    Leave a comment:


  • greylourie
    replied
    Hi Ian,

    Think there may be a few hints on these three pages. But no real alignment setup described. I do vaguely remember some talk of a copper collar being involved, probably on some other site.

    Leave a comment:


  • IBGold
    replied
    I have built this with a hand laid out board using Thomas's as a template but using SMD resistors and capacitors does anyone have an alignment procedure template.

    Regards, Ian.

    Leave a comment:


  • Noro
    replied
    tnx Thomas ! yes i have mistakes in lay.

    Leave a comment:


  • Thomas
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Old and new.png
Views:	3
Size:	806.2 KB
ID:	343649Check for mistakes

    Leave a comment:


  • Noro
    replied
    falon

    Please do not laugh at me, just wiring test
    In addition my laser printer is not too good, therefore routes are thicker diameter.
    For bernte_one most likely only weekend I will have some time workingfalcon 1.zip

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X