Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesoro Lobo news

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • zoomix
    replied
    Lobo of redram

    Hi all,

    I too want too make this detector.

    I realized Redram PCBs that I found are on site. I realized the coil Foma as in the diagram. I'm still doing tests. I can already say that I had to remove the capacitor 47NF in Tx for this to work.

    Like the pictures, I soldered the capacitors near the coils and on the pcb. RX: 6.8Nf and I will do tests with a smaller capacitor on TX

    The case is too sensitive (hand effect) when I touch the pot or when I pass the hand rapidly over the box it sounds. I think the sensitivity of the op amp??? if someone has an idea

    I make corrections on discrimination of Foma: replace the 100k by 470K.

    I can not have the sensitivity as the video redram

    thank you for your advice

    PS: all the components are in stock at Farnell.com (except some capacitor)

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    REV.2.0 fixed !!

    Here is the latest rev. 2.0 Lobo PCB and rev. 2.0 Lobo Component overlay :

    Best Regards..............Eugene
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    Brand New Lobo Re-Work , Hot off the Press Today !!

    Maxbiri . Here is the Brand New Lobo RE-WORK !!!! I am looking for the sprint file now .

    If I was a forum administrator I would delete all my previous pcb Lobo files I posted with errors !!!

    But its ok , learning from mistakes is how we make metal detector circuits better !!!


    Best Regards...................Eugene
    Last edited by Carl-NC; 03-12-2012, 11:43 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    Hi Eugene

    But you are printing my pcb design? remember that i havent good results!
    I hope you will have results better than me.
    I will search in old backup if i have again documentations about this design.

    Bye Max

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    1st Lobo transfer easy , now for the etching !!! Yup , right on schedule !!

    HH.........Eugene
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    Originally posted by maxbiri View Post
    I Eugene

    I havn't posted all documentation about my project because i hadn't godd result so if you are starting with lobo circuit i think it's better use a different design or project.
    Bye Max
    Maxbiri . I read all your Lobo posts and you were very close to being successful .
    Soon you will be able to modify/correct your circuit boards , if you kept them all.


    I am starting the Lobo pcb right now . Picture 1 , do not use these little hobby iron's for pcb image transfer , hot enough but not enough pressing power . The handle can break with to much pressure . At least with my pressure it will !!

    Picture 2 , I used a standard clothes iron set to medium wool / silk setting , it worked great for me !!

    Do not use regular steel wool for anything , use scotchbrite kitchen pads . Making progress now . Used a famous PI circuit for practice and worked perfect with the big iron , so it will be next project ?
    We should call this topic "Tesoro Lobo Good News" . Sorry , had to put the fuzzy pictures in pdf folders . I will change to better photo's later as I progress on my Lobo project .

    1st practice bad
    2nd practice excellent .

    HH...........Eugene
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    I Eugene

    I havn't posted all documentation about my project because i hadn't godd result so if you are starting with lobo circuit i think it's better use a different design or project.
    Bye Max

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    Originally posted by maxbiri View Post
    Hi Eugene

    i presume i never posted all documentation for my lobo design because i hadn't good result.
    I haven't more design for components side, sorry.

    bye Max
    Hello Maxbiri . This image you posted was very hard for me to see . No values given just the standard numbering order of each type.

    I am starting work on my 1st homemade Lobo pcb board right now , I will post some photo's in a few hours , no laughing please !!

    HH...................Eugene
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    Hi Eugene

    i presume i never posted all documentation for my lobo design because i hadn't good result.
    I haven't more design for components side, sorry.

    bye Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Legaucho
    replied
    I'm back Thanks porkluvr, i will try that.

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    Maxbiri PCB component overlay needed !!!

    Hello Maxbiri !! I am using your pdf "pcb file" , do you still have the component overlay , silkscreen or x-ray [top-side] ?

    This image is from your pdf file from 2008 .

    Thank-You...............Eugene
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    I read on this Forum that Tesoro has never put pcb guard rings on any of its detectors , the circuit board [trace] around the fet transistors ? Is this a critical mistake or not really a problem ? Was this problem only for "through hole designs" or it is not necessary with all the "umax series" which are surface mount ?

    HH.................Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by Legaucho View Post
    Thanks you maxbiri, I have make a big mistake , sorry for Qiaozhi and to Porkluvr
    Sorry? What did you do?

    You may already have figured this out but I'll say it anyway. Here is a method you could use to dial in your tx. If you have a freq meter you should first make sure that pot B can tune the 555 output to 20kHz +/- 1kHz. You will probably have a wider range than that.

    An LCR meter is very helpful.

    (1) Calculate the inductive reactance of your coil using 20kHz as your target frequency.

    (2) Plug the value from (1) into the capacitive ractance formula determine the necessary tuning capacitor value.

    (3) Double check your work using the frequency formula

    Connect everything and turn it on. Connect your multimeter to TP and ground.


    (4) Turn Pot B to about 50% position. Tweak pot A to obtain highest reading. If your
    meter reads more than about 11V you should dial back pot B during this procedure.

    (5) Turn pot B to obtain about 11V. I selected this number because with an 8V power supply you can only obtain about 16 Vp-p before your waveform starts getting distorted.

    I assume that your meter reads the RMS value (but if your meter reads average value, then you should dial in 10V).

    The meter you are using may not be accurate at 20kHz so it will be OK to see what
    happens above and below 11V. Too much amplitude on your tx reference to the disc and geb circuits can cause trouble and you should not expect to get extra tx power without consequences. You can see why it is very desirable to have an oscilloscope because then you simply look for 20Vp-p.

    I have no good plan for how to tune your receiver without an oscilloscope so that must
    be done by trail and error. Actually, I am not sure I could tell you how to tune even with a scope, I would have to take an educated guess.

    So far as I know the original rx circuit is un-tuned (I don't see a parallel capacitor and that 0.22 capacitor serves only to AC couple the coil to the amplifier) but if you need to insert a parallel capacitor to make a particular coil work, do so.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Legaucho
    replied
    Thanks you maxbiri, I have make a big mistake , sorry for Qiaozhi and to Porkluvr

    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    C7 must be 10 nf or 10000pf, i presume it's a simple error on foma schematic.
    First stage with c7 is a passband filter.
    For coil use the 10 mH coil as receiver not TX.

    Bye max

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X