Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesoro Lobo news

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • porkluvr
    replied
    In Texas Instrument's specification codes, the 'N" refers to its plastic dip-8 package, as opposed to being in a round metal can "H" or surface mount "M".

    The "A" suffix, when it is used by manufacturers -usually- refers to a premium grade (lower input offset voltage, higher gain, lower noise, or higher allowable power supply voltage etc.). What's funny here is that while the 308 spec sheet does mention the A grade, I can't find a single instance explaining any difference between LM308 and LM308A. That's odd.

    When TI and National announced their merger it was assumed that it would be bad news and here we see it coming true. I wonder what other unique and useful parts they're going to obsolete?

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    IC substitutions on Lobo Project

    LM308n and LM308an , is there a real difference internally in the chip itself ?
    The n or an means from a different manufacturer or did one manufacturer make an improvement [revision] . I found some OP07's for 52 cents each , thats a bargain !!
    OP07 much lower noise too ?? I am still checking comparisons . So far on OP07 I read something about external connections not necessary on some of the unused pins ?
    All LM 308's DIP's are discontinued , even the metal cased ones .

    Regards.............Eugene
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    Boy I must be goophy! I sure cant find them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Legaucho
    replied
    Please take a look on this schematic

    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    The 4.7 n.f.'s are axial np electrolytic's which are used a lot in audio circuits . Capacitance values remain the same even if the frequency changes up or down . You can still by them .

    HH............Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    What are those two Caps assoiciated with? What Parts?

    Leave a comment:


  • Legaucho
    replied
    Hello Eugene,

    Concerning your part list, there is two condensators bi-polar 4,7uF like http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/...BA0000CE97.pdf

    or each bi-polar can be made with 2 electolytic 10uf welded in serial by the minus, also in the list there is two 10uf/16V , I think there is just one and this must be Tantale.

    Please tell me if I make error.

    All the best

    Leave a comment:


  • Legaucho
    replied
    Hello Eugene,

    Concerning your part list, there is two condensators bi-polar 4,7nF like http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/...BA0000CE97.pdf

    or each bi-polar can be made with 2 electolytic 10uf welded in serial by the minus, also in the list there is two 10uf/16V , I think there is just one and this must be Tantale.

    Please tell me if I make error.

    All the best
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    Here is the Parts list:
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    Originally posted by kliner View Post
    Has anybody got this Lobo up and running yet? I'd like to know how it compares to the TGSL
    The Lobo has been done with good success now on other forums . The search coil will be the most critical of the project when we get to that point .
    The TGSL runs at a lower frequency and is better for coins . The Lobo is good for both old coins and gold but is more sensitive to small gold than the TGSL . See the link right here with frequencies [I started but never finished] from 2 years ago , Sometimes I get side-tracked . Anyway , also posted right below is a new parts list for the Lobo project .

    1st the Geotech link:

    Leave a comment:


  • kliner
    replied
    Has anybody got this Lobo up and running yet? I'd like to know how it compares to the TGSL

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    Hello Legaucho . Thank-You for your help so far on the pcb .

    Tonight I will try to post the Lobo parts list that I am updating right now. I know from my e-mail's a few others are building this machine too .

    A COOL "Team Project" and I know its going to turn out great .

    HH...............Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • Legaucho
    replied
    Originally posted by Legaucho View Post
    Hey Eugene

    Concerning your observation, the component between between pin2 of U13 and S2-1 is 1K resistor, the condensators are bi-polar and values are 4,7 uF.

    Hello all,

    My answer was too quick and I made an error, resistance between pin 2 of U13 and S2-1 had a value of 10K.
    My wiring was good, but not my implementation, then I put the modified file. Sorry again
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Legaucho
    replied
    Hey Eugene and the other

    Please find the attached file about the last layout. No modifications but arrangement.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    A 4.7 uf tantalum 35 volt cap will be perfect if you can find them . All I can find is smt .


    HH...................Eugene

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X