Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesoro Lobo news

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ZL17
    replied
    Why? Although I ACE250 it had the opportunity to work with Lobo and I liked it. Although I do Lobo buy it I decided to build it myself. Thanks GEOTECH1 and you have the opportunity to do so.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kev
    replied
    Originally posted by ZL17 View Post
    Yes Kev, it may be too one-sided. I mean efficient PCB, because I want to have performed such a plate PROFESSIONAL company. I did the same but the PCB is very poor quality and far, I have problems starting Lobo. Thank you for any help.
    ZL why do you want to build the Lobo, nugget hunting or ancient coins and artifacts?

    If you are looking for coins and artifacts you would be better off building the TGSL. The problems with the schematic and boards are known and there are working units that work very well, and many experienced constructors to offer help.
    There is a cloud over the Lobo project though, there maybe quite a few errors that have not been resolved, and it has difficult construction problems such as aligning all the channels.

    Google Polish paraphrase
    Zł, dlaczego chcesz zbudować Lobo, bryłki polowanie lub starych monet i artefaktów?

    Jeśli szukasz monet i artefaktów można byłoby lepiej budować TGSL. Problemy z schematu i płyt są znane i nie działają jednostki, które działają bardzo dobrze i wielu doświadczonych konstruktorów zaoferować pomoc.
    Nie jest chmura nad projektem Lobo choć nie może być sporo błędów, które nie zostały rozwiązane, i ma poważne problemy konstrukcyjne, takie jak dostosowanie wszystkich kanałów.
    Cheers
    Kev.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZL17
    replied
    Yes Kev, it may be too one-sided. I mean efficient PCB, because I want to have performed such a plate PROFESSIONAL company. I did the same but the PCB is very poor quality and far, I have problems starting Lobo. Thank you for any help.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kev
    replied
    Originally posted by ZL17 View Post
    Hello! I'm Polish and I know very little English and so sorry for any mistakes (I am using a translator). Does anyone have a schematic bilateral Fellow Lobo plate format such as pdf or doc? Many thanks to the interest and all the answers.
    Hi ZL17,
    Are you looking for single sided PCB artwork for Lobo?

    Cheers
    Kev.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZL17
    replied
    Hello! I'm Polish and I know very little English and so sorry for any mistakes (I am using a translator). Does anyone have a schematic bilateral Fellow Lobo plate format such as pdf or doc? Many thanks to the interest and all the answers.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fabian
    replied
    Translation

    Originally posted by Kev View Post
    Oh, seems there's a compatibility issue with Chromium and Geotech Board, slow and missing functions in the interface.

    I suggest browsing Russian, French, Spanish etc., MD forums with Chrome, but contributing to Geotech in Firefox, I.E etc., Best of both worlds.

    Cheers
    Kev.
    Hi Kev. Thank you very much for your suggestions. I currently use Firefox on OSX and Windows. I translate complete pages directly in google (http://translate.google.com/) putting the url in the first box and translates that url and from which is already translated, the following. The problem is that the level of translation (at least from Russian into Spanish) is very bad and generates a confusing text, which for technical issues is bad too. I will try from Russian into English.

    Returning to LOBO, I got these files on the Russian forum and I think are interesting.


    Regards,

    Fabian
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Kev
    replied
    Originally posted by Kev View Post
    Hi, I went away and tried again and managed to install Chromium (Linux version of Chrome) seemed I needed to search the correct repositories for the latest version.Anyway I just went to the Russian site hosting the Wolf project and at the top of the page is a bar which say "Translate page" when I clicked on that it quickly appeared in English.A nice clean browser too!CheersKev.
    Oh, seems there's a compatibility issue with Chromium and Geotech Board, slow and missing functions in the interface.

    I suggest browsing Russian, French, Spanish etc., MD forums with Chrome, but contributing to Geotech in Firefox, I.E etc., Best of both worlds.

    Cheers
    Kev.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kev
    replied
    Hi, I went away and tried again and managed to install Chromium (Linux version of Chrome) seemed I needed to search the correct repositories for the latest version.Anyway I just went to the Russian site hosting the Wolf project and at the top of the page is a bar which say "Translate page" when I clicked on that it quickly appeared in English.A nice clean browser too!CheersKev.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kev
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    I'm using Linux with Firefox. Try using the Bing Translator -> http://www.bing.com/translator/
    Thanks Qiaozhi, that's one I'll bookmark.

    The reason I'm wanting to install Chrome onto my odd OS (Ubuntu derivative I think?) and suggest Fabian try also, is that you don't need to copy and past the text you're interested in, it's meant to translate the whole page as it loads. This would effortlessly open up many more forums to us.

    Cheers
    Kev.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Kev View Post
    Hi Fabian,
    Have you tried Google Chrome, apparently it has a built in translations feature?
    I'm using Linux online and have not been successful loading a distro yet, your post has prompted me to try again.

    Cheers
    Kev.
    I'm using Linux with Firefox. Try using the Bing Translator -> http://www.bing.com/translator/

    Leave a comment:


  • Kev
    replied
    Originally posted by Fabian View Post
    Hello Legaucho. Now I have more clear what I sensed. I'm not an electronics expert either (just a hobbyist) so we have to expect that those who know, "talk" about this very interesting project. I regret not being able to speak Russian, because it seems that the Russian site project is running, and google is not enough to follow the thread of that forum.

    Regards,

    Fabian
    Hi Fabian,
    Have you tried Google Chrome, apparently it has a built in translations feature?
    I'm using Linux online and have not been successful loading a distro yet, your post has prompted me to try again.

    Cheers
    Kev.
    Last edited by Kev; 06-01-2013, 09:39 PM. Reason: spelling

    Leave a comment:


  • Fabian
    replied
    Hello Legaucho. Now I have more clear what I sensed. I'm not an electronics expert either (just a hobbyist) so we have to expect that those who know, "talk" about this very interesting project. I regret not being able to speak Russian, because it seems that the Russian site project is running, and google is not enough to follow the thread of that forum.

    Regards,

    Fabian

    Leave a comment:


  • Legaucho
    replied
    Hello Fabian. Concerning the LuBa I don't any other news except those in this topic. After having tried to make it work ideally, I confess that I went on to something else, realizing that the King Cobra also has a problem Mode "All Metal". The Luba works but its performance remains to develop (ideal for electronics expert I am not.). There are no wiring or shematic errors, maybe just a few adjustments to components.
    Sorry can not help you more. All the best

    Leave a comment:


  • Fabian
    replied
    Hello Legaucho. I wanted to ask you if you could give a short review of the performance of Luba Compact talking about stability, detection depth etc, as well as any problems you have noticed in your field use, or if there is still an unresolved problem for Normal operation.

    Thank you in advance,

    Fabian

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    1/f noise is relevant because with these gains and noise, it appears in mV values already at the output of LF442, and it is a dynamically changing component, same as targets, hence chatters. Air signal is cyclostationary and only AM noise on top of carrier may pass through, and that's why Tx noise performance, and power supply filtering matters. With good induction balance both cyclostationary carrier, and the offending AM noise are diminished, so that's one of two reasons to go for a better IB.

    A compressor with diodes, or a clipper as you noticed, provides log function over the input signal, and it's output is + and - 0.5V or so. Being a part of a non-inverting amp, it is a soft limiter, as the non-inverting amp can have a minimum gain of 1. For small signals it provides full gain of 100.

    I noted that this kind of limiting makes for much softer experience of targets than without a limiter, and the loudness is much closer to our perception of proximity than the raw signal, which is too sharp.

    There is a potential to distribute gain somewhat differently to better use compression, and my drawing is just a suggestion of the possible course. Because of only 0.5V swing my suggestion would not give much loudness. A better way of doing compression would require reducing gain in this stage from 100 to 10, increasing gain of the previous stage more than 10 times and introduce compression there. It works beautifully with IGSL.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X