Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PIM-2 Digital Metal Detector Project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Uykusuz
    replied
    Hi to all
    New test videos of PIM-2 V06

    35cm Coil Testi:


    1m2 Coil Test:

    Leave a comment:


  • sakis1
    replied
    exists the 06 ver hex of PIM2?
    my email:[email protected]

    regards
    Last edited by sakis1; 08-22-2012, 10:34 PM. Reason: >

    Leave a comment:


  • turboaleks
    replied
    @ Miata. You finally found the problem with your V06, good news. Could you post the improvements of this version compared with V05? After translating the postings in the turkish forums i am having problems to understand, too. If the V06 is that good as it seems to be, i would update my PCB and order a programmed Atmega from elombaci. Would appreciate any information from you.

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Miata
    replied
    Merhaba elbombaci,

    Heureka! I found the error. My working room is fully contaminated with metal. I took my equipment and went into my garden. Power on and it works with all my coils. At starting up, it seems to be very sensitive. Testing it full next days.

    Regards
    Jürgen

    Leave a comment:


  • Uykusuz
    replied
    Hello;

    The problem you are having might because of the poor quality of the clamp you are using. Solder the coil cable directly to PCB.
    Try to usr 2.2R 5W resistor on the following hyperlink.


    You should use a damping resistor between 560R and 680R.
    Do Not Use any other op-amp different than TLV272.
    Also Use the jumper under the 10000uF.

    Place the coil far away any metal before powering the system.

    Even If you are doing all above and you are still having the problems try to measure the output of TLV272. The max saturation time must be shorter than 25uS. Try to shorten this time and be sure that you are having right damping curve. Even the quality of the coil cable you are using might be the source of this problem.

    The PIM-2 displaying this error messages prior to use in order to be sure that you are using the flawless system with the highest performance possible.

    Best Regards...

    Leave a comment:


  • Miata
    replied
    Hi,

    after hours of trial and error, PIM2 didn't work. I only get a "Coil Error". Scratching the PCB has no effect.
    I build a second PCB with the same error (see picture). The coil is 33cm diam.,
    3 turns CAT5 cable, 2,4 Ohm and 440µH inductivity. I try different damping
    resistors from 100 Ohm to 1 kOhm. Without a coil, the display shows "CONNECT A COIL".
    For D3 I use TLV272 or LM833. I follow the thread in the turkish forum, but the
    google translator works very strange. Everybody any Idea?

    Is there a layout for V06 only?

    Regards
    Jürgen
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Hi tjmlena
    **** you must**** read 5 pages before you start.
    1-pcb & all in reply #3 page 1.
    2-There are 5 ver HEX file.
    3-ver 6 Is not.
    PIM 2 is the best from elbombaci.
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • tjmlena
    replied
    Can anyone send me files to make pcb?

    and parts list.

    Thanks in advance

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Hi volcano
    follow 1234!!!!!!!!
    what ver use?-There is comment on it must be followed!
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • volcano
    replied
    Originally posted by jap View Post
    Hi volcano
    Second.
    what ver use?-There is comment on it must be followed!
    best time
    j.
    ok jap I use PonyProg2000 - Serial Device Programmer
    Version 2.07a Beta May 3 2007the

    the eeprom is ok
    but the flash (code) (write failed)

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    follow

    Hi volcano
    Second.
    what ver use?-There is comment on it must be followed!
    best time
    j.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Hi volcano
    To this stage you have a Hardware(programmer) + Software to do programming avr- I can explain first in the software that you use-- to choose the writing code from file code type,and choose writing eeprom from the eeprom . types depending on the type of programming selected File Type code,eeprom.
    --So programming will be on two, according to choice in the List choices of software--
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • volcano
    replied
    Originally posted by jap View Post
    Hi volcano
    You need to be programmed atmega8 a Hardware + Software do in Google a search on this -how to programming avr-
    best time
    j.

    thank you jap
    I have all (software and hardware)
    And I know how to write program
    But I don't know what hex file I must use it (code or eeprom or the two)

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Hi volcano
    You need to be programmed atmega8 a Hardware + Software do in Google a search on this -how to programming avr-
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Hi tjmlena
    LCD have light and no data no bars, nothing?
    -Make sure the correct connection to the numbering in PCB and the corresponding numbering in LCD,Depending on specifications for data of your LCD.
    IRF 740 is too HOT, I´ve burned my fingers---
    -Mistake in the coil or damping resistor.
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X