Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PIM-2 Digital Metal Detector Project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sparky
    replied
    My 12" coil is 2.2ohm and works great.
    My 2mx2m coil is 2ohm (3 turns) and working great!

    I'm thinking that the PIM2 isn't strong enough or has to be modified to drive the 50cm x 5m coil.

    Thanks for all the help.

    Leave a comment:


  • sparky
    replied
    My large coil is actually 50cm x 5M. 3 turns with single wire as per PIM2 manufacturer. I did move the coil to another spot in the yard and now I get "connect coil" error. I made the coil with Telephone station wire which I believe is the same as cat5. (24ga, 8 cond. twisted pair)
    I will make a 2mx2m square coil tomorrow and test it.

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Hi sparky
    What a test result for a small coil?
    As for the large 2m x 2m coil high probability mis Specifications like In the number of tu,---,-----!
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Important Note: You can make a test small coil and put any small metal beside him before the start on/off of the project will give the same message.
    Read reply#93,#106,#108.
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • sparky
    replied
    I did try that outside. The resistance is 2.7 ohms. Does that seem low? 3 turns of 24 gauge wire.
    I will go back outside and try another spot in my yard. who knows, maybe I was over some gold bars.

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Hi sparky
    Testing must be out of the house because of the sensitivity - when give this message means that there is metal beside the coil.

    Important Note: You can make a test small coil and put any small metal beside him before the start on/off of the project will give the same message.
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • sparky
    replied
    Minimum and maximum resistance for coils

    What is the minimum and maximum resistance for coils? My small coil works perfect but am getting "coil error" on my 2m x 2m.
    Do I put a resistor in parallel between the two coil wires?

    Leave a comment:


  • volcano
    replied
    Originally posted by jap View Post
    Hi volcano
    R5=680 ohm 1W In parallel with COIL.
    R16=2.2/5w The regular use Resistance or used.
    best time
    j.
    thank you jap

    password is jap

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    R

    Hi volcano
    R5=680 ohm 1W In parallel with COIL.
    R16=2.2/5w The regular use Resistance or used.
    best time
    j.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • volcano
    replied
    Originally posted by jap View Post
    Hi volcano
    I make a Hardware pcb+ v05 only....but V06 more sensitivity lead to more depth+Less componentson pcb+ an unlimited time.
    best time
    j.

    thank you jap
    please give me the result of your test V5.
    and I have a question ( some members talk about "dumper 680 ohm 1W " ) I don't know this resistor.

    THANKS.

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Hi volcano
    I make a Hardware pcb+ v05 only....but V06 more sensitivity lead to more depth+Less componentson pcb+ an unlimited time.
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • volcano
    replied
    Originally posted by jap View Post
    Contact: [email protected]
    Hi volcano
    Send him a message in contact: and see his response because he respected,and his way delivered to you.
    best time
    j.
    thank you JAP
    do you make project V6 ?

    Leave a comment:


  • jap
    replied
    Contact: [email protected]
    Hi volcano
    Send him a message in contact: and see his response because he respected,and his way delivered to you.
    best time
    j.

    Leave a comment:


  • volcano
    replied
    Hello elbombaci

    Please I want how to pay the amount of ATmeag8 IC V6

    Leave a comment:


  • Uykusuz
    replied
    And Pinpointer test





    Best Regards.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X