Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf PI Pro

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sdesic
    replied
    Problem solved ... got my soldering iron and went over each solder point ...
    must be cold joint ... but I don't get it why I did get normal operation ...

    OK, now, must do some fine tuning in quiet room ...

    have another board to do ...

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Again when I replace delay pot with 100K I get "normal" working detector
    but with no sensitivity to gold, silver, copper...

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Changed IC's one by one ...
    Changed 2N3906...
    Replaced cables to pots, and replaced delay and tresh pots

    Now I have some detection ... standard pots (10k, 10k, 1k and 100k) and parts
    I found that I have no detection from silent mode
    (tresh turned to max) (only strong magnet is detected)


    and on some sound on speaker I get faint signal... not one I am used to from surfXX
    390R is getting hot ... it is probably that my new 390 resistor is ... 1W

    power consumption is 45mA to 50mA with metal close to coil

    changing IRF would help ?
    must dust of my scope too

    Leave a comment:


  • kenny444
    replied
    If you think you have component problems, change all your IC's one at a time, this will remove any fault, also check all solder connections to pots etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Tried 580R but no differences ... delay pot on max 100K ... detector is working but only few metals are found ...
    no gold ... small depth on iron

    will try changing few things tomorrow ... 2N maybe ... different 555 ... pots cables ...

    Leave a comment:


  • kenny444
    replied
    Try a 470 or a 680, but your really need a variable resistor "that will 'NOT' go down to zero" and scope it to see the wave form. I was using 360R on a Surf PI and ended up with a 680R.

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Nothing new with one more 390R added ... dumping resistor 780R

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    I am using standard coil 300 mH and 390 Ohm 2 W resistor (new batch)
    Don't know if it will help but I will try

    Leave a comment:


  • kenny444
    replied
    Damping resistor increase the value by 50%, 100% 150% check for difference.

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    I finally found some time to finish my etched boards for Surf XX (from ApBerg).
    Drilled and placed components ... but got one problem (or more)

    I had all components and voltages in place and no detection.
    Moved strong magnet over coil and it produced sound.
    Tried to adjust offset trimmer but it is OK... NE5534 pin 6 is 0.02 V
    also tried to add some power adjusting trimmer R2 ... nothing better... only strong magnet produced a hit

    Managed to change delay pot to 50K and it started working better...
    finally I replaced it with 100K pot and it is now OK ... 10-15 cm 1 EURO coin ...
    BUT I have very low or no detection of gold ... and silver probably ... nickel also ...

    gone over all resistor components in delay part ... tresh also ... all original values from surf xx

    my coils are working OK on my working surf XX detector ... 240 and 300 mH

    another thing ... volume is a bit low on my speaker and piezo ...


    Any ideas ?

    Leave a comment:


  • flint
    replied
    Hi I'm new to the forum.
    I just ordered an ensambled board from tacoma59 on ebay.
    Is anybody using this board?
    Another question, I have some LiPo batterues from RC, is it ok to use them for the MD?
    Thanks
    great forum

    Leave a comment:


  • Boadil
    replied
    Originally posted by zelkos View Post
    Hi everyone, this is my first contribution in this great forum

    ... after I read all the posts in this thread, I decided (cosmetic) modify SurfXX pcb, to adjust pcb for parts that I have. All parts, except the IRF9640 and ICM7555 (tnx Maxim - free samples), are recycled, from my junk box, and pcb made by ​​photo process.

    Detector works by first switching on. After adjustments and changes resistors R6 - 270 Ohms, I have quite solid MD, and wait for Friday to go to the Croatian coast to hunt ...

    More details will announce when I can set up attachments, some fotos, and PCB in pdf if anyone needs ...
    I checked and kept some changes, maybe it is interesting to someone ...

    This is Google translate, my English is not so good.
    Regards,
    Thanks for your input but still seeing the photographs is a bit tricky to identify components and the value of these, would have the kindness to make a pdf with the components and their identification and values or identify and put beside the identification of the component?
    sorry for writing, I am using google translator

    Leave a comment:


  • Boadil
    replied
    Originally posted by TH Jim View Post
    Hi Steve,

    From the Official Whites schematic posted above.

    Regards, Jim.
    you can upload the file again?

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    yes add resistor 470r before connect to LED

    Leave a comment:


  • gdogg
    replied
    nice

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X