Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf PI Pro

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vadim18
    replied
    Originally posted by pulseinduction View Post
    Hi all ! I want to build surf pi pro but I don't know which integrated circuits to buy. Tell me please, which integrated 5534, 4066, 4093, 555, 358, are better for surf pi pro. I have these options: NE5534AP NE5534AN NE5535P 74HCT4066 CD4066 HCF4066BEY 74HC4066 MC14066BCP HEF4066BP HCF4093BEY HEF4093BP CD4093 NE555 NE555N NE555P TLC555CP LM358N LM358AN
    1. TLC555 or TS555 or ICMP7555. Dont use NE555, only CMOS version what i mentioned before.
    2. any NE5534 and TL071 ( by both, Ne5534 can be fake)
    3. any CD4093 or HEF4093
    4. HEF4066BP (better) or CD4066
    5. any LM358 or TL082
    6. irf9630 (better) or irf9640
    7. lm7805
    8. ICL7660

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    try read (learn to read) datasheets on IC's. use GOOGLE. those documents give full info on every chipo. they are always in PDF format.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Toros
    replied
    You have all the necessary elements without ICL 7660 and TL7805.
    Look at the diagram of the detector and you will find your way. In other words, your question sounds like this: I want, but I have no desire!

    Leave a comment:


  • pulseinduction
    replied
    Hi all ! I want to build surf pi pro but I don't know which integrated circuits to buy. Tell me please, which integrated 5534, 4066, 4093, 555, 358, are better for surf pi pro. I have these options: NE5534AP NE5534AN NE5535P 74HCT4066 CD4066 HCF4066BEY 74HC4066 MC14066BCP HEF4066BP HCF4093BEY HEF4093BP CD4093 NE555 NE555N NE555P TLC555CP LM358N LM358AN

    Leave a comment:


  • Vadim18
    replied
    Instead of 100mA BCs transistors i recommend to use 600mA 2N4403 (pnp) and 2N4401 (npn)
    Uncle Joe give us some good Disneyland equipment and some times here is a little bit noisy to make any pc or workbench work. But i think you can do it better.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vadim18
    replied
    Hі GeoMax
    I have feelings that this circuit will produce oscillations, or just act like comparator becouse "+" on opamp output converts to "-" on j310 drain and than "-" goes to invertion input of opamp and in final you will get inverted "-" or positive feadback. Just avoid positive feadbacks. I already post my active calmp idea last year, that is 1/2 of AGC part.

    https://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?26475-ZP-ACTIVE-DAMPING-and-NOISE-CANCELLATION&p=292733#post292733

    Click image for larger version

Name:	ActiveClamp idea - bypass mode.png
Views:	2
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	363416 Click image for larger version

Name:	ActiveClamp_idea - active mode.png
Views:	2
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	363417
    Difference - front end amplifier must be inversion mode amplifier. This circuit can do coil damping and aditionaly can be part of AGC.

    Leave a comment:


  • GeoMax
    replied
    Hi Vadim18

    Thanks for your reply. Actually, you are right. There is no AGC in the DP. The circuit in the front-end amplifier of the
    DP is more or less an automatic DC offset correction circuit. After your comments, I had a closer look at the “classic AGC circuits”.
    In an AGC circuit, the gain changes and not the offset of an amplifier. I do not know which AGC circuit you are using in your
    Surf PI, but a Widlar current source circuit connected after the integrator of the Surf PI would do a similar job. A very similar
    circuit part you see in the HH before the VCO.

    Attached is my first idea of an AGC circuit for the Surf PI. Maybe you can share your AGC solution to the Surf PI as well.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	AGC Circuit design idea for the Surf PI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	363413

    GeoMax

    Leave a comment:


  • Vadim18
    replied
    Originally posted by GeoMax View Post
    Hi Vadim18,
    Thanks for your explanations. You say you add AGC circuits to the Surf Pi. Have you used an AGC circuit like seen in the Delta Pulse detector and have you modified the sampling circuit accordingly to fit the AGC of the Delta Pulse circuit? Moreover, for the integrator have you used a similar circuit as seen in the front-end of the Delta Pulse or have you actively changed the gain (resistors) in the integrator circuit part?
    GeoMax
    Hi GeoMax
    All i know there is no AGC In DP, there is only zero bias correction circuit for front end amplifier and slow motion autotraking circuit for dc output. Gain in DP is tuned by gain control resistor. Nothing like that, i just used same principle like in any classic Automatic Gain Control circuit.

    Leave a comment:


  • GeoMax
    replied
    Hi Vadim18,
    Thanks for your explanations. You say you add AGC circuits to the Surf Pi. Have you used an AGC circuit like seen in the Delta Pulse detector and have you modified the sampling circuit accordingly to fit the AGC of the Delta Pulse circuit? Moreover, for the integrator have you used a similar circuit as seen in the front-end of the Delta Pulse or have you actively changed the gain (resistors) in the integrator circuit part?
    GeoMax

    Leave a comment:


  • Vadim18
    replied
    Hi GeoMax
    From first amplifier to demodulator and dc amplifer Surf PI has fixed gain but i tried and succesfully changed that gain to variable, another words that is same automatic gain control i.e. AGC.
    AGC keeps first amplifier from saturation, so i can come close to big target and locate border of that target not from half meter around it but much more closer.
    I tested that modification last year outumn, work fine and without glitches.
    From table tests i can put 1,5 AA battery to centre of my coil and than still be able to detect coins.

    Leave a comment:


  • GeoMax
    replied
    Hi Vadim18,

    what kind of extended dynamic range modification have you made to the Surf Pi?


    GeoMax

    Leave a comment:


  • Vadim18
    replied
    Originally posted by Rollin_sb View Post
    What are the best modifications for the Surf PI Pro?
    I dont know what type of modification may be best for you but I made and tested last year Surf PI with extended dynamic range modification. That modification allowed me to locate big targets like in pinpoint mode and small targets near big ones.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rollin_sb
    replied
    What are the best modifications for the Surf PI Pro?

    Leave a comment:


  • Rollin_sb
    replied
    Thanks for the help. Parts are on order. I'm sure I'll have many questions.

    -Rollin_sb

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Unfortunately people often post things in an existing thread when a new thread would be appropriate. It's a lot of work to split a thread up and I just don't have the time so the best I can suggest is to start a new thread if you want to steer the topic somewhere else.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X