Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf PI Pro

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kt315
    replied
    spint layout 6.0 does Gerber. click there on Export and make the file. some chinese companies do not
    need Gerber files and do all themself.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim
    replied
    Hello to all. I wish to have a few Apberg XX boards made up,(is that OK Apberg?), so was wondering if anyone has the XX in Gerber? Or alternatively, would some dear soul with the capable programs be able to convert this Lay, and post it here??
    I just ordered 10x Hammerhead RevD boards from China (ALLPCB) for a price of AUD$3.89 ea, delivered, so if they are of acceptable quality, I will let y'all know.

    Thanks in advance : )
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • jimfrombr
    replied
    Thanks Bob

    Leave a comment:


  • FatBob
    replied
    A PI type detector typically puts 1 Amp into the coil but just for 1% of the time.

    Your meter will read the average so will be much less. 40 ma is fine.

    Leave a comment:


  • jimfrombr
    replied
    I have my detector about finishes and it works with mock-up coils. But I am concerned the battery consumption and current draw may be high. My current draw (not sure about the significant figure I maybe off one) was 15 mA without the coil and went up 40 mA with the coil (on a cheap volt/amp meter in series see picture). I was wondering if that was in the normal operating ranges. I checked the current draw before I put in the box with my DMM and I think it was normal 15mA. The picture shows the volt/amp with the coil attached with RGX8 approx 9 ft and 9.5 inch coil approx 320uH (the led display was moving and didn't capture the correct reading it was about 11V and 40mA)Click image for larger version

Name:	closed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	390.9 KB
ID:	345949Click image for larger version

Name:	open.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	525.8 KB
ID:	345950. Thanks in advance, I am still on a steep curve on all fronts but I quick learner.

    Leave a comment:


  • jimfrombr
    replied
    San Diego ok but I am out place here I am from the Gulf of Mexico region.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    I was in San Diego for one day back in 1989, nice place for what I can remember .

    Leave a comment:


  • jimfrombr
    replied
    Well my first Surf Pro PI was working but I didn't have a lot of confidence in my work so I built a second board and boy was it a lot better I can get 10inche in the air on a 9.5 inch coil 340uH connected to my board with 3.5 feet of guitar cable. The coil was just a baseline reference coil. I need to start planning my actual coil. My intention is to use this on the beaches here in San Diego.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    The overall average current drawn by the circuit depends on a few factors, such as battery voltage, the tx pulse width, the pulse rate, the timing of samples and their width, and what the audio section is doing at time of measurement, so current variations will happen.

    Leave a comment:


  • jimfrombr
    replied
    I reading about 36mA with it in normal operating settings. I am still playing around with settings it seems like the delay and sensitivity settings affect the current the most

    Leave a comment:


  • jimfrombr
    replied
    Thanks I wasn't sure were in the circuit I was to check I went back and read I should check what state/control settings the detector should be.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    An amp meter in series with the battery, start on the highest current setting on your meter and work down.

    Leave a comment:


  • jimfrombr
    replied
    This is a dumb question but where the best spot on the SURF XX board to measure the circuit consumption I don't want to screw something up, I just got the darn thing sort of working.

    Leave a comment:


  • jimfrombr
    replied
    I went back to a 10in diameter 24 awg stranded wire with 30 turns connected to 3 feet of electric guitar cord. I believe everything is working I can detect in air (apartment) a college ring at 6-8 inches it pick up the gold ring better than the quarter at about 4 inches. I am not sure if the delay is working? I still have a lot of work todo but I think I have a working board (not sure about the delay). I need to get an inductance meter and a oscope.

    Leave a comment:


  • jimfrombr
    replied
    Thanks, I did that. I am having trouble with my potentiometers they are really jumping all over the place, not sure if there is flux in them ?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X