Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf PI Pro

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sdesic
    replied
    I am thinking of 12 V battery for power tool or 10x 1.2V AA battery pack or something like battery from UPS 12 V 7 Ah (too much weight)
    This pinpointer is possible on Surf PI PRO ?
    You can experiment with it and then you can write about it here

    Instruction Manual from Whiteselectronics
    http://tinyurl.com/c98w8g8

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    You are using 9V battery ... there is your problem with depth... if you use 12 V range of detecting will be greater.

    Leave a comment:


  • au1
    replied
    I haven't yet altered my first coil. But 1.4 ohms seems to be the desired resistance. And my first was 2.3, I think. I'm attaching the pinpointer mod I was talking about. It came from here but in the surf pi first edition. Once you build your detector then you will see that if you move a coin across it and stop, the sound stops. I have a friend that owns a White's 5000, I believe it to be. His has a pinpointing button on it. Momentary open. Just not sure how to implement it on this version. But I do know someone locally that is pretty good at this stuff. I'll ask him next time I see him about it.
    As far as video, I live in the backwoods, hill country. The only option for anything close to high speed internet is satelite. It's over priced and still not fast enough to watch videos.
    What are you going to use for power? I'm using a 9 volt battery at the moment.




    Click image for larger version

Name:	PINPOINTER.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	334219

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    I think that is very nice page, all in one place from kit to working condition and with coments and original instructional manual.

    Have you seen any video of home made surf pro in action ?
    I had only seen one from bernte_one ... on the beach searching his coin...

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Have not seen pinpoint mod for surf pi yet... maybe you shoul'd adjust this one first for more depth or something.

    Leave a comment:


  • au1
    replied


    That was a great link. Wish I had seen that before. Gives a different variation on the coil. All the steps are detailed with photo's. One doesn't have to be concerned that more than one project is being discussed in the same thread. I see my ohms are still a bit high which leads me to believe that if I'm getting 8 inches of distance now on a coin, then it will most likely get much better.

    Leave a comment:


  • au1
    replied
    I would have had mine finished last week but forgot to order a 4093. The coil measures 2.3 ohms. I've read alot about coils and think that 21 turns might be better. But for the sake of wire I elected to start high and then reduce by a turn. Still experimenting with wire guage. Just tried with 22 awg and not so good results so far.
    Have you seen the pinpointing mod somebody posted for the surf pi older model? I know very little about electronics but can sometimes follow directions if they're in english.
    Thanks for the links! I'll check them out.

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    I am waiting for IC's and almost finished with other components.
    >23 turns, 28awg, 8 inch diameter.
    I think that diameter of 20-21 cm is OK that is about 7.8" - 8.2"...
    can you measure your coil in Ohm ?

    Look at this thread for some ideas...


    or this site for making Surf PI (coil and all)

    Leave a comment:


  • au1
    replied
    sdesic,
    Finally got all my parts and applied power. Works good. I still have coil configurations to test but the first one I used is 23 turns, 28awg, 8 inch diameter.
    Picks up a penny or quarter at 8 inches. Picks up my steel toed boot at 12 inches. Here's alist of parts I used.
    SURF XX part list (update):
    C1 22 nF
    C10 1 nF
    C11 1 nF
    C12 1 nF
    C13 220 uF
    C14 220 uF
    C15 220 uF
    C16 100 nF
    C19 100pF
    C2 1000 uF
    C20 100 nF
    C3 100 nF
    C4 100 nF
    C5 220 nF
    C6 220 nF
    C7 1 uF
    C8 47 nF
    C9 1 nF
    D1 1N4148
    D2 1N4148
    D3 1N4148
    D4 1N5819
    D6 1N4001
    IC1 TLC555
    IC2 NE5534
    IC3 LM358
    IC4 CD4093
    IC5 78L05
    IC6 ICL7660
    IC7 CD4066
    P 10k Potentiometer
    P1 100k Pot. gain
    P5 10k Pot. delay
    R1 100k
    R10 100k Pot. offset
    R11 22k
    R12 10k
    R13 1k
    R14 1k
    R15 470k
    R16 470k
    R17 10 k
    R18 47k
    R2 5k (trimmer) set at 3.3k
    R20 47k
    R21 1k
    R21 1k
    R22 220k
    R23 22k
    R25 5k1
    R26 51 k
    R28 240k
    R29 51k
    R3 3k3
    R33 1k Pot. volume
    R34 150 Ohm
    R35 100k
    R36 12 Ohm 1 W ( I used a 10 ohm 1 W.)
    R4 2k2
    R5 1k5
    R6 390 Ohm 2W
    R7 1k
    R8 1k
    R9 1M Ohm
    T1 Q1 2N3906
    T2 Q2 IRF9640
    T6 Q6 MPSA13


    This is one project, unlike most of the others I've built, that won't end up in the junk bin. Appears the only thing missing is a pinpointing mod.

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    SURF XX part list (update):
    C1 22 nF
    C10 1 nF
    C11 1 nF
    C12 1 nF
    C13 220 uF
    C14 220 uF
    C15 220 uF
    C16 100 nF
    C19 100pF
    C2 2200 uF ( 1000 uF)
    C20 100 nF
    C3 100 nF
    C4 100 nF
    C5 220 nF
    C6 220 nF
    C7 1 uF
    C8 47 nF
    C9 1 nF
    D1 1N4148
    D2 1N4148
    D3 1N4148
    D4 1N5819
    D6 1N4001
    IC1 TLC555
    IC2 NE5534 or LT1115
    IC3 LM358
    IC4 CD4093
    IC5 78L05
    IC6 ICL7660
    IC7 CD4066
    P 10k Potentiometer
    P1 100k Pot. gain
    P5 10k Pot. delay
    R1 100k
    R10 100k Pot. offset
    R11 22k
    R12 10k
    R13 1k
    R14 1k
    R15 470k
    R16 470k
    R17 10 k
    R18 47k
    R2 5k (3k3)
    R20 47k
    R20 47k
    R21 1k
    R21 1k
    R22 220k
    R23 22k
    R25 5k1
    R26 51 k
    R28 240k
    R28 240k
    R29 51k
    R3 3k3
    R33 1k Pot. volume
    R34 22 Ohm
    R34 150 Ohm schem.
    R35 100k
    R36 12 Ohm 1 W
    R4 2k2
    R5 1k5
    R6 390 Ohm 2W
    R7 1k
    R8 1k
    R9 1M Ohm
    T1 Q1 2N3906
    T2 Q2 IRF9640
    T6 Q6 MPSA13

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    R34

    R34 22R is on part placement - R34 is 150 Ohm on schematics ...

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    I think it is double potentiometers ... on schematics it's R and on PCB position pic it is only pot.

    Leave a comment:


  • au1
    replied
    where is it on schematics ?
    I didn't see it on schematics. Thats one of the issues I've encountered. But it is on Apberg's board. It appears to be part of Apberg's circuit for the sound but not on the schematics.
    Here's another issue. Your list is showing 30 fixed resistors. I can only count 29 on Apberg's board.

    12R on schematics is R34 150 Ohm (1 W) and there is not
    R34 goes in the board near the bottom right corner. Marked R34 22r on placement. The schematic just says 150 ohms. It doesn't look like a 1 watt.

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    There is also 100 nF beside IC4066.

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    And I found 470 uF from PCB layout that is not on my list... where is it on schematics ?

    12R on schematics is R34 150 Ohm (1 W) and there is not

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X