Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf PI Pro

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • au1
    replied
    which one is this ?
    Just above LT1115 (NE5534). It's also on the placement drawing marked "12R" And on the photo of Apberg's board.

    Counting the caps on Apberg's finished board there are 19 caps. Appears theres two unaccounted for.

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    I don't know why is that resistor changed, I will use what ever is on paper... don't want any new changes...
    This PI has already 4 different potentiometers, don't need more adjusting, I will use basic coil.


    >So you think the resistor marked 12r is 150 ohms? I had that on my bom. I was going to use a 1 watt.
    which one is this ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Originally posted by au1 View Post
    On Apberg's board there's a resistor that appears to be a 1 watt.
    Beware of the font glitch - symbol for ohm is often at the same place in a code map as a letter "w" so it just happens. In this particular case it is so because of the high voltage, and it makes sense. 1W that is.

    Leave a comment:


  • au1
    replied
    Large cap 3900uF was 1000uF, for NE 5534 now LT1115.
    Ok, thanks I missed that. So it appears now if you use NE5534 = 1000uf cap.
    If you use LT1115 = 3900uf cap.
    Yes, I see Apberg used a fixed resistor 3k3. But the etched board has place for trimmer. I was reading in the Surf PI (older version) where they used a trimmer and I have one allready. Has to do with adjusting the coil.
    So you think the resistor marked 12r is 150 ohms? I had that on my bom. I was going to use a 1 watt.

    I've etched my board and installed ic sockets and jumpers. Some of the parts I have here allready.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    There is also C19 100pF

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    I didn't start building yet, I am still collecting parts, so I looked at this schematics...
    From that picture of assembled board ApBerg used fixed resistor 3k3
    And C2 is 3900 uF at his photo... page 4 in this thread

    ***** C8 is 47 nF ***** it is my mistake ****

    Leave a comment:


  • au1
    replied
    Sdesic,
    It looks like R2 can be either a 5k trimmer or 3.3k resistor. I elected to use a 5k trimmer. What are you using for C2? 1000uf?
    For C8 I have 47nf instead of uf.
    On Apberg's board there's a resistor that appears to be a 1 watt. Just above LT1115 (NE5534). It's also on the placement drawing marked "12R" ?

    By the way, thanks for your input.

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    I am trying to make a list for Surf XX ...
    parts are not matching PCB and schematics
    C2 is 2200nF on PCB and 1000uF on schematics (+12 V and ground) ... bigger is better ?
    R2 on PCB is 5k and schematics says 3.3k

    Here is list of parts for Surf XX:
    C1 22 nF
    C10 1 nF
    C11 1 nF
    C12 1 nF
    C13 220 uF
    C14 220 uF
    C15 220 uF
    C16 100 nF
    C2 2200 uF ( 1000 uF)
    C3 100 nF
    C4 100 nF
    C5 220 nF
    C6 220 nF
    C7 1 uF
    C8 47 uF
    C9 1 nF
    D1 1N4148
    D2 1N4148
    D3 1N4148
    D4 1N5819
    D6 1N4001
    IC1 TLC555
    IC2 NE5534
    IC3 LM358
    IC4 4093
    IC5 78L05
    IC6 ICL7660
    IC7 4066
    P 10k Potentiometer
    P1 100k Pot. gain
    P5 10k Pot. delay
    R1 100k
    R10 100k Pot. offset
    R11 22k
    R12 10k
    R13 1k
    R14 1k
    R15 470k
    R16 470k
    R17 10 k
    R18 47k
    R2 5k (3k3)
    R20 47k
    R20 47k
    R21 1k
    R21 1k
    R22 220k
    R23 22k
    R25 5k1
    R26 51 k
    R28 240k
    R28 240k
    R29 51k
    R3 3k3
    R33 1k Pot. volume
    R34 150 Ohm
    R35 100k
    R4 2k2
    R5 1k5
    R6 390 Ohm 2W
    R7 1k
    R8 1k
    R9 1M Ohm
    T1 Q1 2N3906
    T2 Q2 IRF9640
    T6 Q6 MPSA13

    If I made a mistake please correct me...

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    The bottom part of the shaft is generally non metallic .

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    I am going to build Surf XX.
    Part list is not available... I must collect from schematics

    Bought aluminium crutch for shaft, housing for electronics, t-shirt transfer paper for etching, pertinax...
    parts are waiting for final list.

    Aluminium shaft or part of it... can it be a problem for detection?

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    design from james is prooven also like the design from apberg (surf xx)

    i made two boards of james owen layout the next will be surf xx

    placement for some part is better there, it has also a trimmer for pulswidth include

    so boards a working same but there are some improovements on surf xx included
    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    There are few different models of Surf PI Pro...
    SurfXX PCB and SurfPi Pro James Owen 2012 PCB ... are they the same device with only difference in PCB design ?

    Leave a comment:


  • au1
    replied
    SurfXX

    Have downloaded files titled SurfXX posted by Apberg. Found here http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...516#post149516 I Etched board but some of the components are questionable, to me. Could you kindly post a
    partslist?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • ossamaussama
    replied
    note

    Originally posted by ossamaussama View Post
    yes sure delay will have effect

    surf pi is not suitable for searching in Land

    only sand or beach area


    another note

    there is no good gradual change in volume so cannot estimate if signal is week or strong

    trying to use audio VCO circuit
    or voltage level indicator such as analogue voltage meter or led voltage indicator with LM324
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ossamaussama
    replied
    Originally posted by mschmahl View Post
    @ ossamaussama

    Thank“s for your Posting


    With this data could i fix my Delayproblems.


    yes sure delay will have effect

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X