Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf PI Pro

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jose
    replied
    delay on max (turned to right)
    ​If you have the original delay, that consists of R25 to 5.1K and 10K pot delay. You can replace the 10K, by 50K pot, and slowly increase clockwise to achieve the best sensitivity.

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Jose,

    Thank you for your help!
    I will make another coil with more turns when I receive LRC meter from China.
    For now it is good, I must dig a little (not too much deep).
    I will try this surf pi pro in field out of power and other disturbance.
    Sinisa

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Best results are with gain on 50%
    tresh on max (turned to right)
    delay on max (turned to right)

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Sdesic
    You are between 22 and 25 cm for one euro, and not bad, I think it can be improved, the coil of 21 turns, I get a value of 230 uH, according MiscEL.
    Increase the turns in the coil should improve performance. It should also increase the delay, since the original values ​​give 10 to 15 us, for coil fast.
    Our homemade rolls, are slower.
    To give you an idea, in my SurPI, minimum delay resistance is 25K, (R25) and the delay is 50K pot, with values ​​below works,works just but increases noise.
    Jose

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    R10 is set - pin 6 has 0,07V

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Do the opposite.
    Try to gain control ("gain") at maximum.
    Then reduce the threshold to the point where it gets maximum sensitivity.
    R10, set to a voltage between 0 and 500 millivolts, (0 to 0.5 volts), measured between GND and pin No. 6 of 5534. With the coil away from all metal.

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    changed that R18 from 47k to 22k
    now with tresh at max at sens at half I get silence
    and detect 1 euro at 22 cm

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Sdesic
    Pardon the error, is not R28. "Is R18".
    The tone threshold should move from silence to audible more or less in the center of the potentiometer, control threshold.
    This should occur while the delay controls and max gain.
    I leave for a while, then I'm still here.
    Jose

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    what can be done with offset r10 trimmer ?

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    if treshold is at max and gain at max it should be no sound or constant ?
    with delay at max

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Originally posted by sdesic View Post
    with max treshold it has some audio - little short beeps
    I would have to hear a continuous tone.
    Test replaced R28, by 22K.

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose View Post
    Threshold to maximum audio tone is heard?.
    Silent?
    with max treshold it has some audio - little short beeps

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    R2 at 4k I can get 25 cm but it not clear ... making noise with no metal around
    must try somewhere without RF inteference
    Coil is 40 cm off ground - reinforced concrete
    delay pot is at max 9.5k

    I will adjust R2 to 3k6 to reduce heating and consumtion for now
    it gives 24-25 cm at max gain - with some noise

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Threshold to maximum audio tone is heard?.
    Silent?

    Leave a comment:


  • sdesic
    replied
    R2 is now set to 3.6k and I have 22 cm
    gain is now 3/4 and treshold is on max

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X