Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinpointer - Minimax-PP II

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • cristi71
    replied
    i find.. its general purpose transistor . in this case can use BC 327 ,BC 328 or smt variant. thx anyway. regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Originally posted by cristi71 View Post
    very nice job! what the type tranistor are you use in oscilator? BC? thx in advance, regards Cristi

    I used MMBT4401 / MMBT4403

    maybe BC807 / BC817 ?

    Leave a comment:


  • cristi71
    replied
    very nice job! what the type tranistor are you use in oscilator? BC? thx in advance, regards Cristi

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    apologies for the awful video, I had to use my phone

    I hope you get the idea though

    Leave a comment:


  • bklein
    replied
    Huh. My girlfriend just handed me one that she saw and saved.
    Looks like a circus token or something.
    Ok, back to the thread.
    (I'm going to make this coil plus the one I wrote about...)

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Originally posted by bklein View Post
    What's with that penny? I haven't come across one like that.

    A 2011 US cent that someone brought back from America recently, added to my targets collection

    Leave a comment:


  • bklein
    replied
    What's with that penny? I haven't come across one like that.

    Leave a comment:


  • anz29
    replied
    pcb

    This is my PCB for minimax pinpointer.
    I'm missing some components to build it.
    Will try again!!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • anz29
    replied
    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    BAV99 - Petrucho says can be replaced by 2 serial connected 1n4148
    DMN2075U - I used 2N7000
    MMBT4401 - bipolar NPN, BC817 ?
    Thanks silverdog,
    I found components on DigiKey , but shipping is expensive for small order

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Originally posted by UFO View Post
    I guess I'm supposed be impressed because you were certified as a radio technician in the 1990s?
    No, just remember that SMDs are not new and not special at all, and despite all through hole are still here and very much in use. And much more flexible for prototypes.

    Leave a comment:


  • smity
    replied
    And you can make high-quality printed circuit board under the DIP items? And select all change (under the more extended ones details.) Thank you in advance.

    Leave a comment:


  • detecto
    replied
    MINIMAX-PP_ II sprint layot unchecked

    unchecked!
    Regards detecto
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • UFO
    replied
    I guess I'm supposed be impressed because you were certified as a radio technician in the 1990s?

    Since we are browbeating, I design and build my own amplifiers with technology from the 1930s.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    No, I think you missed my point. There are but few components here and it would not get too big -SMD or not.

    I am OK with SMDs as I was OK back in '93 when I earned my NABER certificate. Their footprints didn't change at all. However, I am not happy with SMDs in my hobby projects. I often replace things, and SMDs are generally not happy with that.

    Leave a comment:


  • UFO
    replied
    I say make the kit. The appeal is the small size.

    A through hole version would be huge, almost the size of a regular detector PCB.

    We are all going to have to learn SMD one day if we want to continue on in these electronic hobbies. This is a perfect project to learn.

    Put the parts in separate little bags with the value written on it,(or not) the user can verify the parts with an ohm meter.

    I check all my regular sized parts for tolerance / accuracy anyways, so it's really not a big deal from that point of view.
    How would you ever know if you get a mislabeled or out of tolerance part if you dont check?

    Tin one pad with solder, put the part on and heat, then solder the other side, done.
    You don't even have to trim the leads.
    Just don't drop them lol.
    Last edited by UFO; 04-11-2012, 10:33 PM. Reason: splelin

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X