Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinpointer - Minimax-PP II

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Davor
    replied
    Perhaps a better idea would be to keep the concept as is, and replace all components with all through hole components. SMDs are pain in the lower back to sort out even when you have them. Classic through hole can't be much larger. It will be lots beefier though. Does not seem as a big problem.

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Originally posted by anz29 View Post
    Great job!!
    I try to build, but not found this components:
    BAV99
    DMN2075U
    MMBT4401
    I can replace them with another type?
    Sorry for my bad english

    BAV99 - Petrucho says can be replaced by 2 serial connected 1n4148
    DMN2075U - I used 2N7000
    MMBT4401 - bipolar NPN, BC817 ?

    Leave a comment:


  • detecto
    replied
    Will be nice to make component list with more common components.

    Leave a comment:


  • anz29
    replied
    Thanks Davor!
    I tried google, but have no luck!
    I will try again

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Originally posted by anz29 View Post
    Great job!!
    I try to build, but not found this components:
    BAV99
    DMN2075U
    MMBT4401
    I can replace them with another type?
    Sorry for my bad english
    These components are not that much unique and there surely are equivalents. I found that IRLML2502TRPBF replaces DMN2075U
    Same goes for other components - just find what footprint and type is a component and google does the rest.

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    It is ingenious! There are several things to steal here for further projects.

    Leave a comment:


  • anz29
    replied
    Great job!!
    I try to build, but not found this components:
    BAV99
    DMN2075U
    MMBT4401
    I can replace them with another type?
    Sorry for my bad english

    Leave a comment:


  • detecto
    replied
    Nice and wery handy. Thank you Silverdog.
    Regards
    Detecto

    Leave a comment:


  • UFO
    replied
    Very cool, it will make a nice compact pointer.

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    started a topic Pinpointer - Minimax-PP II

    Pinpointer - Minimax-PP II

    Petrucho kindly sent me the artwork for his new pinpointer, the minimax-pp II a couple of weeks ago, the boards arrived just before the long easter weekend, so one evening I got to work, I think I need reading glasses soon , those smd components are so small you dare not sneeze

    After finding one bad solder joint it fired into life and results are surprisingly good, I'll do a video soon of mine, you can see Petrucho's on youtube:


    I'm not sure if I can offer this as a project, the smd components come taped and are so small, separating them and packing them would be a nightmare, most are not identified by any markings making things even more difficult

    I have a few boards though so if you are ordering from my shop and would like a board, drop me a note and I'll add one to your order

    happy hunting

    Silverdog
    Attached Files
Working...
X