Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magnum on steroids!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ozzy_sv
    replied
    ivconic, RH-Lightning

    Thank you very much

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by ozzy_sv View Post
    Hi

    where is potentiometer ground balance ?

    here there is no potentiometer of ground balance ?


    or I do not see him, then how is tuning out from ground?
    On some Golden Mask models there is no GEB potentiometer on front panel, on some model there is.
    Generally the schematic i posted applies to all models the same.
    GEB potentiometer can be wired directly to pcb instead R90... OR adapted with R90 and wired in series with it.
    It's up to you to decide what suits you the best.
    You can adjust R90 trimmer to reject hotrocks and minerals and leave it fixed on pcb (so called "automatic ground balance") or
    you can wire multiturn potentiometer on front panel to pcb with wires.
    You can put only one precise multiturn... or you can use trimmer and potentiometer in series too.
    Make your choice, pick any of the combinations, it is up to you and your preferences.
    Here is the GEB;

    Click image for larger version

Name:	gb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	347925

    Leave a comment:


  • RH-Lightning
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    [ATTACH]37743[/ATTACH]

    "...R90= Audio pitch, audio frequency, also can be fixed value, according to your own preference..."

    This is typo! It should be
    "R60= Audio pitch, audio frequency, also can be fixed value, according to your own preference..."
    Here is the GEB pot.

    Leave a comment:


  • ozzy_sv
    replied
    Hi

    where is potentiometer ground balance ?

    here there is no potentiometer of ground balance ?


    or I do not see him, then how is tuning out from ground?

    Leave a comment:


  • RH-Lightning
    replied
    deleted

    Leave a comment:


  • Toros
    replied
    Thanks for the quick response! I have inductance 100uH and PC 123 too.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Toros View Post
    Hello Ivconic,
    I begin to work on PCB "TH with.....". This board is easy to make at home. Constituent assembly is so compressed that I do not see how I add those elements that are omitted(missed). Maybe it had some of the resistors be provided for SMD assembly, to free space for other items.
    I have several questions that I hope to receive an answer in the process. What are the data of the drosel L3 and who optocoupler is marked as 1522. Who else optocoupler can be used instead.
    Thank you!
    Seems i missed to post corrected one so far...
    I did the previous one with those few components "in air" above some components.
    Not that hard task, it's just few capacitors. As i recall pins 3. and 5. need 100nF to ground and there are few more components to add.
    L3 is there to additionally filter voltage. You can omit it and put a wire jumper. Or put 100uH inductance (drossel).
    I can't tell what exactly is 1522, haven't find it's datasheet. I put there PC123 and later on on another i used PC817.
    Both are working, i can't notice any difference in behavior. Obviously not critical part.
    ...
    Here is the corrected pcb design, done by one of my friends;
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Toros
    replied
    Hello Ivconic,
    I begin to work on PCB "TH with.....". This board is easy to make at home. Constituent assembly is so compressed that I do not see how I add those elements that are omitted(missed). Maybe it had some of the resistors be provided for SMD assembly, to free space for other items.
    I have several questions that I hope to receive an answer in the process. What are the data of the drosel L3 and who optocoupler is marked as 1522. Who else optocoupler can be used instead.
    Thank you!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by RH-Lightning View Post
    ivconic

    ​can you compare steroid Magnum to TGSL performance wise?

    TGSL is having stiff and accurate discrimination and the other one is deeper.

    Leave a comment:


  • RH-Lightning
    replied
    ivconic

    ​can you compare steroid Magnum to TGSL performance wise?

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    I have not had time yet to solder the parts to the PCB

    Leave a comment:


  • Artyom
    replied
    hello. Who has gathered the device? what are the results? video works can be seen?

    Leave a comment:


  • Toros
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    To Clipboard, to RAM memory.
    Next thing you shall do is to Paste it to Notepad or Word or any other text editor.
    And than save it on the disk.
    I have correctly understood you:

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Toros View Post
    Ivconic,
    Where the program saves this file?

    To Clipboard, to RAM memory.
    Next thing you shall do is to Paste it to Notepad or Word or any other text editor.
    And than save it on the disk.

    Leave a comment:


  • Toros
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Yup!
    Here is how:
    [ATTACH]38429[/ATTACH]
    and here is list:
    Ivconic,
    Where the program saves this file?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X