Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ivconic Tries to Be a Smart A.rse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Hello, master ivconic.
    If I had even 20% of your experience in developing detectors, I might have been able to help you.
    I must admit that I learned a lot from you.
    The circuit I want most is a deep-seeking, motion-free IB metal detector circuit.
    Thank you very much for considering such a project. I wish you success in your work.
    Gürdal

    Comment


    • #17
      My "... experience in developing detectors..." is no better than yours.
      What I have too much is experience with various models, technologies and years on the real sites.
      However, in the last couple of years, developing my magnetometers, I collaterally learned a lot about DSP and today I may (emphasis on "may") be able to finally design a good VLF-I/B.
      But before we jump into something so uncertain; let's first analyze well how much smarter people worked, long before us.
      Why did I find that the GTI2500 is actually so good and didn't realize it before?
      I forgot to mention that I have an "imaging" coil with my GTI2500.
      The word "imaging" itself doesn't mean much, if anything; it's pretty pointless.
      But what is hidden behind that data?
      Morphology of that "imaging" coil! Bingo! It is a concentric-coplanar coil that has 1 TX coil and 2 RX coils! Bingo!
      The VDI cursor at the top of the screen is truly unmistakable... JUST FOR THAT REASON!
      A quick parallel/analogy with one of the most advanced models today; Manticore!
      What distinguishes this model and its top performance?
      Special coil that also has 2x RX coils too!
      Of course, according to the explanations from the ML kitchen, it is for completely different reasons.
      Are these enough clues?
      The reason why I, as a hobbyist, will never succeed in making a good enough non motion VLF-I/B detector lies precisely in that "detail"!
      Without sounding pretentious, I think today I am finally able to design a very advanced VLF-I/B detector.
      But I am totally unable to make such a coil! Let's face the truth, let's not lie to ourselves, it's the harsh truth.
      Only the "big" ones can do such an undertaking. And we "small" can only hope that the "big" will hear us and finally satisfy our wishes.
      ​

      Comment


      • #18
        Your unfired round has fallen from an aeroplane, probably WWII vintage, the casing may have a manufacture date-code, in addition to place of manufacture.
        I have similarly found one, in woodland, pointy-end down ( and hence firing pin area on the top, waiting for my digger ... ). Luckily, I pinpointed it well, and dug around it cleanly, the only surprise being the size of it when I pulled it out the soil.
        It's worth checking the painted colour on the bullet tip. They are frequently black = armour-piercing; or silver = armour-piercing incendiary. The first has a hard steel core [check with a magnet], inside a brass outer, the second is the same, but with a gram or so of high-explosives added.
        AP's are safe, but probably illegal to own; API's are dangerous, and definitely illegal to own. I suggest disposing of it in a responsible way.

        Comment


        • #19
          Looks like a round from a Browning 0.50 heavy machine gun to me.

          Comment

          Working...
          X