Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    FINALLY !!! (capitals...ts,ts,ts...must be a crackpot?)
    Finally i made coil,i always wanted to make!
    But first i'll name conditions for "dream coil";
    - It has to be small, smallest as could be!
    - It has to be round, due comfort in movements,
    - It has to be very sensitive on small (very small) items,
    - It has to be deep....and I MEAN DEEP !
    Only one coil i met so far fullfilling those requirements;
    it was Minelab TS 800 coil (18cm)
    1cm coin (i usually use for testing coils) it can detect at 22cm
    in the air and 18cm in the ground!
    So......
    I made Golden Sabre and it showed pretty good performances with
    two "casual" coils i made fast - "on the fly", last few days...
    Yesterday i took TS 800 coil and redraw its shapes on plain paper...
    And i done some calculations and made BEST coil so far...!!!
    It is double D coil.....here is datas so you can make, test and
    check my claims:
    RX = 178 turns, 0.25mm wire (0.28mm with varnish), 23,6 ohms
    TX = 165 turns, 0.25mm wire (0.28mm with varnish), 21,4 ohms
    How can i explain former...? Huh? Here is photo of it. Diammeter of
    whole coil (both DD shapes put togather,tuned and nulled) is 18.5cm...
    so try to imagine how to make former...
    I used Al foil for both coils as Faraday cage. Over foil i wounded
    few windings with plain, naked (without varnish) wire to make good
    conntact with foil. Over all i wraped simple adhesive tape to
    consolidate, brace all...and that is all!
    The rest, about nulling....you already know, i do not need to repeat here.
    Coil performances are ....WOW !
    Same coin it detecting over 30cm in the air!!!!! Much better than TS 800!!!
    Cigarretes package at 45cm, cola can over 52cm.....
    For coin:
    Up to 25cm audio tone is loud,sharp and stiff!!! Over 25cm audio tone is
    decaying step by step and a bit over 30cm it ends....WOW !!!
    (up to 25cm constant flux, over 25cm it decreases....read bellow)

    Promising....promising!
    I'll have to wait until tomorow to test it on the ground. Few more steps left
    to finish it; put in some suitable case,glue it...wait until drain...get dry...

    I think i discovered "big secret" about coils...somehow...!?
    Problem about depth is not closely related only to size of a coil. Much more
    important thing is flux, magnetic flux! Density of magnetic field that TX
    part producing...
    It is not immaterial relation between size of a coil and wire gauge used in it!
    How can i explain?
    The higher density of magnetic field coil is producing - the better!
    If choosing proper wire gauge than no need for much power on TX. Simple 2N2907
    can do the job just fine. BC557 also.
    Unlike in Anker detector and simillars, you dont need extra powerfull TX to gain
    some depth! No not at all! Even oposite, powerfull TX is more like to "choke"
    RX input and than another problem occurs - hums,false signals,interferences....
    Totally unusable on the ground, especially on highly mineralized ones!
    At the end, frequency is playing huge role when deciding about coil size and wire
    gauge....I had luck (must admit) with this Golden Sabre, due its 14kHz frequency!
    In the past i had a lot of "pains" and troubles trying to make Classic 3 go deeper
    with small coils....no wonder!
    So at the end conclusion;
    "Larger" flux could be gained if preciselly chosen wire gauge and coil diammeter.
    How to do that?
    I dont know!
    I dont have a clue!
    I just had luck, this time!
    Heh,heh,heh...!
    Best regards!
    Hi ivconic,
    your DD seems is like my homemade...but I've used mylar/al on shielding instead of foil. The other parts are similar...but I've used 120 turns for both tx and rx cause I need 10KHz on bandido. Used rx flat then tx bounced over.
    Get very good results in air.
    Yes, I think that tx flux is an essential part of success here, but you need to consider than what's truly important is signal-to-noise ratio in this kind of detectors cause power is always limited respect to e.g. pulse induction type.
    And the guys at tesoro knows what they do...I mean they used good schematic strategies to improve S/N and also (like in e.g. bandido) "special" components to physically reduce noise at operating frequency. This way they get outstanding performances that mainly depends on coil parameters cause S/N in the circuit is always controlled and stable. So if you use e.g. a DD coil you could get much less problems e.g. from mineralization where using concentric you could get better pinpointing. Also wire gauge is important cause oscillator is small power colpitts and current depends mainly on coil too.
    What to say...with proper coils I think that many of these detectors are still actual cause have good performaces in ground and only lacks are in display/mcu that are absent and present e.g. in Cortes or other newer. But they are good...general purpose VLF. So far, bandido is the best VLF I've mounted myself ! I had problems with components at first and with concentric...but it's clear that is a powerful design , really stable with right things in the circuit. And GoldenSabre is much like it - if not better !
    I told you that DD works great on bandido...then your GS will appreciate DD too also on the ground I think.


    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    TS 800...Ts...ts..ts !!!


    FINALLY !!! (capitals...ts,ts,ts...must be a crackpot?)
    Finally i made coil,i always wanted to make!
    But first i'll name conditions for "dream coil";
    - It has to be small, smallest as could be!
    - It has to be round, due comfort in movements,
    - It has to be very sensitive on small (very small) items,
    - It has to be deep....and I MEAN DEEP !
    Only one coil i met so far fullfilling those requirements;
    it was Minelab TS 800 coil (18cm)
    1cm coin (i usually use for testing coils) it can detect at 22cm
    in the air and 18cm in the ground!
    So......
    I made Golden Sabre and it showed pretty good performances with
    two "casual" coils i made fast - "on the fly", last few days...
    Yesterday i took TS 800 coil and redraw its shapes on plain paper...
    And i done some calculations and made BEST coil so far...!!!
    It is double D coil.....here is datas so you can make, test and
    check my claims:
    RX = 178 turns, 0.25mm wire (0.28mm with varnish), 23,6 ohms
    TX = 165 turns, 0.25mm wire (0.28mm with varnish), 21,4 ohms
    How can i explain former...? Huh? Here is photo of it. Diammeter of
    whole coil (both DD shapes put togather,tuned and nulled) is 18.5cm...
    so try to imagine how to make former...
    I used Al foil for both coils as Faraday cage. Over foil i wounded
    few windings with plain, naked (without varnish) wire to make good
    conntact with foil. Over all i wraped simple adhesive tape to
    consolidate, brace all...and that is all!
    The rest, about nulling....you already know, i do not need to repeat here.
    Coil performances are ....WOW !
    Same coin it detecting over 30cm in the air!!!!! Much better than TS 800!!!
    Cigarretes package at 45cm, cola can over 52cm.....
    For coin:
    Up to 25cm audio tone is loud,sharp and stiff!!! Over 25cm audio tone is
    decaying step by step and a bit over 30cm it ends....WOW !!!
    (up to 25cm constant flux, over 25cm it decreases....read bellow)

    Promising....promising!
    I'll have to wait until tomorow to test it on the ground. Few more steps left
    to finish it; put in some suitable case,glue it...wait until drain...get dry...

    I think i discovered "big secret" about coils...somehow...!?
    Problem about depth is not closely related only to size of a coil. Much more
    important thing is flux, magnetic flux! Density of magnetic field that TX
    part producing...
    It is not immaterial relation between size of a coil and wire gauge used in it!
    How can i explain?
    The higher density of magnetic field coil is producing - the better!
    If choosing proper wire gauge than no need for much power on TX. Simple 2N2907
    can do the job just fine. BC557 also.
    Unlike in Anker detector and simillars, you dont need extra powerfull TX to gain
    some depth! No not at all! Even oposite, powerfull TX is more like to "choke"
    RX input and than another problem occurs - hums,false signals,interferences....
    Totally unusable on the ground, especially on highly mineralized ones!
    At the end, frequency is playing huge role when deciding about coil size and wire
    gauge....I had luck (must admit) with this Golden Sabre, due its 14kHz frequency!
    In the past i had a lot of "pains" and troubles trying to make Classic 3 go deeper
    with small coils....no wonder!
    So at the end conclusion;
    "Larger" flux could be gained if preciselly chosen wire gauge and coil diammeter.
    How to do that?
    I dont know!
    I dont have a clue!
    I just had luck, this time!
    Heh,heh,heh...!
    Best regards!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    ...


    Yes Geo, but how to connect those on existing setup? It will need some "inetgrator" or something simillar to "decide" which sound will be used at that particular moment...low for iron or high for coloured....
    I dont have schematic of CScope 1220B, i would like to see it, cose its audio is really what i am looking for..Anybody have that? If dont want to post whole schematic, please just post audio stage here...

    Ja sam stavio keramicke reda pF....mada i Andrija je u pravu (Strujas)...
    I put ceramic capacitors although Strujas is also right....

    Max if want double O coil, than yes it is 12cm radius, about number of turns...well you have to recalculate it, also dependable of wire gauge....

    I just started making another coil, but this time double D coil, with 18cm diamm.....just observing TS 800 (Minelab) coil and trying to keep same shape and look.....heh,heh,heh !!!

    When finish it i'll post photo, but only if it works...
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • strujas
    replied
    Originally posted by Darko View Post
    Hi Ivica!

    Pridruzujem se cestitkama! Congratulations!

    I'll also try to make GoldenSabre in future but i need some help with componnent list. In shematic of Golden,there is a some caps with values around pF.Can I use ceramic caps for this values?

    >>>>I noticed also,in disc mode, at the very end of foil detection,just about to reject foil, it cant detect coins clear but with broken sound, so there is danger to skip some coins if foil is rejected....It must be something about this coil....still not proper...Maybe need some corrections....

    Also my just finished cl3 doo that.Coil is small Spider,shild connected to TX.And when I move DISC pot just little above this of point then cl3 detect only big targets!This coil i have was opened earlier and maybe this happens cose shilding is not anymore good.Or i not make propper adjustemets of cl3.Are is too difficult to adjust GoldenSabre?

    Regards,
    Darko

    Mozes koristiti keramicke ali troslojne one sa 1% tolerancije ......

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    Forgot something!
    Golden Sabre is very good, but audio is poor. I am thinking somehow to mod it. Any tip?
    I was thinking if there is some way to add two tone...BUT not as usuall in earlier cases, but separate tones, one for All metal mode, other for Disc....or even better; in Disc mode, low tone for iron and high pitched tone for coloured metals.....like in CScopes....
    Any ideas?

    Hi ivconic,
    very good ! Your tests confirm that it's a good general purpose detector and really good for coinshooting purposes. I'm awaiting for 9x8 coil to test in ground conditions with bandido and think that maybe I could made an OO coil too like yours.
    If I remeber well it was 12+12cm diameters with about 150-170 turns to get 10KHz. I'll try this design asap.
    For two tones...I think that like in bandido is possible to add using op amps and giving a useful signal from the end of disc channels. Cause there are two signals there we need something like a diff. integrator I think.
    Then something to get tones...but maybe there are other frequencies on cmos counter that one could use to get a lower tone - I think so.
    Yes the CScopes behaviour would be good feature on it - just I think one must add this feature with a switch to enable it or not during searching.
    Just one must take care on consumption too...so maybe a low consumption amplifier is required to avoid too load on voltage converter and also a good tone generator or something similar.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Darko
    replied
    Hi Ivica!

    Pridruzujem se cestitkama! Congratulations!

    I'll also try to make GoldenSabre in future but i need some help with componnent list. In shematic of Golden,there is a some caps with values around pF.Can I use ceramic caps for this values?

    >>>>I noticed also,in disc mode, at the very end of foil detection,just about to reject foil, it cant detect coins clear but with broken sound, so there is danger to skip some coins if foil is rejected....It must be something about this coil....still not proper...Maybe need some corrections....

    Also my just finished cl3 doo that.Coil is small Spider,shild connected to TX.And when I move DISC pot just little above this of point then cl3 detect only big targets!This coil i have was opened earlier and maybe this happens cose shilding is not anymore good.Or i not make propper adjustemets of cl3.Are is too difficult to adjust GoldenSabre?

    Regards,
    Darko

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Hi Ivica.
    Now i am at Athens (i don't work with my pc so i can't see any schematic).
    But 2x 4N35...2x555 and 1 LM386 will give two tones with very strong sound.
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    More...


    Forgot something!
    Golden Sabre is very good, but audio is poor. I am thinking somehow to mod it. Any tip?
    I was thinking if there is some way to add two tone...BUT not as usuall in earlier cases, but separate tones, one for All metal mode, other for Disc....or even better; in Disc mode, low tone for iron and high pitched tone for coloured metals.....like in CScopes....
    Any ideas?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    ...


    I made pcb 128x100mm...Not stated in posted document so i have to scale it just to fit ic's; at the end it was 128x100mm...although this maybe not original but suits just fine.

    Today i made several tests on the ground in real conditions, with smaller coil.
    Yes detection is much deeper than i expected at first time.
    I took several coins, but different material; brass,Al,Aq,Au,Cu and burried them at 10cm depth. All detected. Than at 15cm - all detected, than at 20cm...than i noticed some variations in audio tone. Than at 25cm; Ag and Cu were detected easy and with clear strong tone. Au not detected, Al very poor with mum tone. Than at 30cm; Ag detected with weak tone, Cu not detected....
    Not to mention iron; iron piece 5x5cm detected at 45cm in the ground very clear with loud tone.
    etc.etc.....
    I noticed also,in disc mode, at the very end of foil detection,just about to reject foil, it cant detect coins clear but with broken sound, so there is danger to skip some coins if foil is rejected....It must be something about this coil....still not proper...Maybe need some corrections....
    When sens is full, in All metal mode sometimes i can hear very weak "tic,tic.."
    in speaker...but not so often; later when switch in Disc mode it stops permanently; calm and very stabile! Good! Anyway, when coinshooting i almost always run detector in Disc mode, never in all metal...
    Still not tested larger coil on the ground cose dont have case for it. Wait to finish it than intend to test it....
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Hello Ivconic,
    Congratulations with your results.
    Test your coils with different items, and ground preset, see de differents...

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    Extreme good results!!!
    I finished packing it in box.Also finished smaller coil and preparing a bit larger.
    Both tested.
    1cm coin at 36cm with larger coil, absoulute stabile, no drifts,no hums,no false signals!!! Discrimination perfect!
    1cm coin at 30cm with smaller coil.........rest same as with larger!
    Smaller coil tested on ground. 29cm depth detection of 1cm coin burried in ground! Much better than Musketeer!
    " ...if Minelab can do, why dont we?"

    I told you...didnt i?

    Both coils same inductances; 6.5mH for Rx and 6mH for TX.... (double D)

    Larger 26x26cm and smaller 24x13cm (double O coil)


    What to say?
    I guess i was sort of blind, wasting my time with Classic so far....

    This Golden Sabre is perfectly optimized, thats why so good results!
    I dare to say that it is much better than Bandido too.
    So....thats all so far!
    Regards
    Hi ivconic,
    congratulations ! Seems very good results. I'll try to make GoldenSabre in future when have some spare time. Some things are close to bandido but other are different from it.
    Yes, in disc mode also bandido is really stable if good shielded.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Hi Ivica .
    Ohhh perfect results. 36 cm for 1cm coin ????
    If it is so then is more deeper than Classic...... i think it is time to change the CL3 with Golden Sabre.
    Please tell me who are the dimensions of GS pcb? Now i make a new pcb for Anker SS60 so when i will finish with it i will try to make and to experiment a Golden Sabre. But.......... somethink says me that all Tessoro are the same.... But........ 36 cm is big distance.
    I wait about pcb
    Regards

    " ...if Minelab can do, why dont we?"

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Smaller coil...

    Smaller coil...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Unit

    Unit...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Photos...

    Here some photos...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X