Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Agree.
    I checked your file.Yes same results.
    I checked it with 10v supply for osc. Amplitude is 18v.
    I am using 12V/1.3Ah accu. with my TGSL...so was thinking to add 7810 regulator, to supply osc. directly from accu. to see differences.
    I noticed one more thing; when simulation is done and i want to see scope. If clicked only once, scope might consist another component? When clicked again...scope returns to normal .....same as you posted. Further clicks doesnt affect scope any more...?
    Also noticed upper peak is not perfect sinus!? There is small deviation at very top of it? Is it bug in software or something else?
    I dont have SnagIt right now installed on my pc to grab this and post here...Maybe late afternoon i will install it...
    Hi Ivconic,
    if you use 7810 with a 12v battery you couldn't get 10volt at output... cause average dropout of standard 78xx series is about 3volts... so you need at least 13v on input to be sure you'll get the right voltage...
    Of course, a gel-type battery could have e.g. 12.7 volt at full charge so you'll get about what you need for proper working... but then after a while... when battery will discharge you could have bad regulation cause of too low input.

    I suggest you find a low dropout one like Toshiba's TA78DL10BS or similar to avoid that problem or you can change battery for a pack of e.g. 10 NiMh of 700+mAh cells.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi Max,
    I have made a few more coils but what ever I do I am still around 20cm not over 30 like you and Ivconic!
    Can the reason be my LF353?The only diferances in my device are that I found only LF353 P and my LM308 are LM308AN.Could this be the reason for my poor preformance?
    Thanks
    Hi,
    if you used all the same numbers we posted here you MUST reach that performances too. I think that your LF353 is ok...and also lm308an are ok if originals.

    So concentrate on nulling...how do make it ? Do you use scope or multimeter ? If use multimeter is your accurate and how much ?

    Do you follow overlaps like in Ivconic's pictures ? That's important for getting good performances from DD that you don't make them too round in the middle like some early models of magazines... keep the wires parallel as you can.

    If everything fails modifing coils maybe you have something wrong on circuit... but who can say where or which part !? ONLY YOU.... you have to investigate for mistakes on your board ...we can just give some advices... but you have probes in hands... and you actually see the circuit and coil.

    Here you will find a picture of my last DD255x137mm during assembly... (very hard work cause also this time I haven't housing for it... and had to recover some plastic from here and there) you can see also some polystyrene and clear epoxy work...all that show you again how to align coils... look and replicate similar shape.

    Best regards,
    Max

    PS: what you see in picture have weight of 220gr... total enclosed coil weight is 350gr.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    No TikTak, doesnt make any (noticeable) differences...

    Yes Fred! But SnagIt is more convinient. Allows me to grab only desired part of screen....
    I'll install it a while and later post scopes...

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Ivconic,if you are using windows, you dont really need snagit, just hit "printscreen", then create a new .bmp file , EDIT it and paste it then "save as" jpeg .
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    hi

    Hi Max,
    I have made a few more coils but what ever I do I am still around 20cm not over 30 like you and Ivconic!
    Can the reason be my LF353?The only diferances in my device are that I found only LF353 P and my LM308 are LM308AN.Could this be the reason for my poor preformance?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Agree.
    I checked your file.Yes same results.
    I checked it with 10v supply for osc. Amplitude is 18v.
    I am using 12V/1.3Ah accu. with my TGSL...so was thinking to add 7810 regulator, to supply osc. directly from accu. to see differences.
    I noticed one more thing; when simulation is done and i want to see scope. If clicked only once, scope might consist another component? When clicked again...scope returns to normal .....same as you posted. Further clicks doesnt affect scope any more...?
    Also noticed upper peak is not perfect sinus!? There is small deviation at very top of it? Is it bug in software or something else?
    I dont have SnagIt right now installed on my pc to grab this and post here...Maybe late afternoon i will install it...

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Thank you very much!
    From here i am on my own...I'll play a bit with it to gain some practice...
    Intend to input whole schematic of TGS and later to examine all suspectable parts. Hopefully i intend to find critical spots where have to pay more attention on components....etc.etc....You know what i mean...
    It is good cose later i can export netlist to PCBExpress!!! I alreday have PCBExpress withschematic editor...How nice!
    Thanks again Max!
    Keep in touch...
    Hi,
    you are welcome.

    Yes this simulator is pretty nice for our purposes I think.

    Only problem is that if you add a lot of things on schematic... (like in any simulator) the time required for analisys increase not just in a linear way.

    But it's a minor problem here... cause circuits are often not too complicated.

    But I'll be scared about putting an total e.g. Toltec100 simulation on it...

    Anyway... that LTSpice is really a good product.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Thank you very much!
    From here i am on my own...I'll play a bit with it to gain some practice...
    Intend to input whole schematic of TGS and later to examine all suspectable parts. Hopefully i intend to find critical spots where have to pay more attention on components....etc.etc....You know what i mean...
    It is good cose later i can export netlist to PCBExpress!!! I alreday have PCBExpress withschematic editor...How nice!
    Thanks again Max!
    Keep in touch...

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Last time i used something similar was back in 1992. !!! It was some EWorkbench under win 3.11.... I still cant give off habits working with it...
    Now....i opened yor file and it is ok.
    If i want to se scope, what should i do?
    I clicked on "Pick visible traces" and can choose between them. So i click on V(phi) to see output scope...It is showing something??? High density scope...Damn! I am to laic for this! How can i adjust scope to see nice sinus as on your posted photo?
    Sorry cose i bug you here....few hints more and i'll shut up...
    Thanks again!
    Hi,
    you have to "Run" simulation... so Simulation->Run ...wait for completition...then you can move cursor over the circuit and you can select a probe just over the e.g. wire or node whose signal you need to see on diagram with left click... and it appears over.

    Then you can e.g. zoom or select with mouse the diagram to scale better.

    Yes I'm in similar situation... but this morning I downloaded it and used from beginning without big problems.

    Need just some "automations" appears.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Last time i used something similar was back in 1992. !!! It was some EWorkbench under win 3.11.... I still cant give off habits working with it...
    Now....i opened yor file and it is ok.
    If i want to se scope, what should i do?
    I clicked on "Pick visible traces" and can choose between them. So i click on V(phi) to see output scope...It is showing something??? High density scope...Damn! I am to laic for this! How can i adjust scope to see nice sinus as on your posted photo?
    Sorry cose i bug you here....few hints more and i'll shut up...
    Thanks again!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Thank you very much! At the same moment i founded it.....Is there any explanattion of more shortcuts? Hot to flip component etc.... I am in the heat of this now....!
    Hi,
    yes there are...

    mapping is here:

    tools->controlpanel->drafting_options->hot-keys

    Just follow menus and panes... you can also customize some stuff.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Thank you very much! At the same moment i founded it.....Is there any explanattion of more shortcuts? Hot to flip component etc.... I am in the heat of this now....!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Thanks Fred.
    I just installed LTSpice on my pc...Trying to input schematic...Damn! I am still new in this! How to rotate component? I cant fin in help....
    Need urgent help!
    How to rotate damn component?
    Max can you upload your file for LTSpice here?
    Hi,
    to rotate use CTRL-R.

    The osc files ? Yes , of course.

    Here it is.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Thanks Fred.
    I just installed LTSpice on my pc...Trying to input schematic...Damn! I am still new in this! How to rotate component? I cant fin in help....
    Need urgent help!
    How to rotate damn component?
    Max can you upload your file for LTSpice here?

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    FOR GEO

    Hi Geo,
    I re-tested it with 2eur on the fly... and in air I get about 37cm at max depth.

    When I put coin moving in the 35cm range the sound is not weak like at 37cm and you can ear it good on headphones.

    Don't know about in the ground for 2eur but it must be something more than 1eur detection also in that case (metals are about the same even if disposition is reversed).

    I think that TGS would detect 2eur coin at least at 32cm in the ground with 10'' coil... or more depending on soil.

    Best regards,
    Max

    PS : about audio speaker you can use 8ohm but I prefer 16ohm for that, sound is louder.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X