I do have idea already....
Glad to see that you suggested scale...only have to find good one.
I'll prepare schematic of "coil balancer" and post here later...
Actuallly i dont need to include separate oscillator!?
Best way is to suite exact coil to exact device and only way to do so is to use origin oscillator from device, when balancing coil...
So i'll consider only RX part...
Regards!
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Collapse
X
-
Hi,Originally posted by ivconic View Post
Uh! You gave me worries now! Respecting first lines of your post; with or without 15nF capacitor? (i guess with...) In that case my coils have larger residual voltage than i planned! Shame!
The rest; yes i always wandered how the heck they ballanced coils in massive production? Do they have some "special" instrument?
I was thinking to make something simillar. Esteban posted once some schematic...i looked at it and it is not bad at all. But...i was thinking to make more accurate op-amp based milivoltmeter (ultra high input impendance) and separate tunable oscillator with clear sinus at output...
Problem is; i want to keep it as simple as possible, so must use analogue VU scale....very hard to obtain good one with high resolution...
Also another problem is ....question; how to maintain that meter to be linear due eventual jumps,jitters,nonlinearities which may occur on frequencies like 10-15kHz..?
Considering scale..monitoring...i am not sure how good are those lcd indicators based on ICL7107/06...?
I can simply take that part from some cheap multimeter and include in my design....but this probably return us to the begining of this story;
what error level should be expected from those?
Huh!
yes... I've used 15nF cap and 1k resistor parallel (as in point 4.)... and problem is related to planes of coils... and overlaps...
I think that if they use an analog meter is something similar you can find here mixed with other stuf:
Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.
The link was posted by Sean Goddard somewhere...before.
You can also find some other useful info.
I have also some schematics (but where ???) of op. amp. driven analog ac meters (using moving coil instruments) for bf... so good till 20Khz. That would be very nice in that kind of stuff.
Personally I think that an analog meter would be always better doing such a measure... instead of using a digital something.
Also I'll made my instrument with linear meter with central zero (e.g. +/-100uA instrument) and a cascade of resistance to set the dinamic gain to have end-scale e.g. 20mV, 10mV, 5mV, 1mV , 0.1mV
That way one could set with rotating switch the gain during the nulling using one hand... and with the other moving the coils... that's somehow similar rotating the vertical knob of scope.
Best regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by Qiaozhi View PostOK - the speech processor wouldn't be any use to you anyway. I found the circuit and it's basically a method of doing soft limiting, which can be used to boost weak signals without blowing your eardrums apart with the loud ones. I guess you are really looking for a simple VCO solution?
Yes! Although not figured proper way how to connect one on existing TGS setup?
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by ivconic View Post
I'll leave power mod as last to do here.
First to do first! Stabillity issue...
But you mentioned replacing one capacitor with few parallel... So i am thinking; we have 220nF at TGS oscillator. We can easuly replace it with 3 parallel of 68nF and forth of 22nF. It will make 226nF..Cool! But what benefits we do have from those, except less current as you said?
Let's explore this more; when oscillator runs better? With one compact or few parallel? This must be scoped to be sure. Second; which type are best suited to put in oscillator? I am using P.P. capacitors mostly..
Also which transistor? I am using 2N2907 although BC557 tested and havent noticed significant differences...
This subject already explored in the past, but no harm if we elaborate it further..
Imoprtant question; how to replace stabilisation with fet in oscillator. Using termistors is bad idea, more obsolete than fet setup. Also i havent noticed jitters in TGS oscillator but that doesnt mean it is perfect. To be honest i havent payed to much attention on its stabillity at all. First time i made TGS just checked it for 2 hours on eventual jitters, and when i saw there are no significant jitters, i left it as it is.
One thing is not clear to me is zener diode. 4V3 is suggested, i put 4V3 and later 4V7 - havent saw any differences too?! So what's point with zener here after all? I think to put 3V9 or 5V1...or even 6V8 to see if any changes?
Should i?
And there are so many other question to be answered....but i am not in a hurry...winter is coming, we have plenty of time...
Regards!
oscillator stability is not a big issue on TGS... it's relatively stable. Due to the low power involved and that it has also an amplitude stabilization network by zener + fet... it's really good for this design.
Improving the power would be nice to see till when it could give problems on soil... and using Geo's approach one could e.g. use more power in more easy soil (no or few minerals) and reduce it to standard TGS power on worse (infested or hi-mineralized) soil.
I think that would be good using something like a BD137 with proper driver to get much more power at coil... or using an osc like in the bulgarian designs with the lm317 to limit power.
I think we can easy double the power without problems... but 3 times or more could be impossible on most soils.
The feedback network can be redesigned to be controlled by an op amp... instead of zener+fet params... then feeding the LM317... to avoid open-chain control (direct) of the power (and so increase stability by gain of factor of the gain of amplifier).
Best regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by Max View PostHi,Originally posted by Max View Postno... i nulled it at 5.5mVpp using scope... the multimeter reads also 0.0mV but that's another story... I've checked at 0.1mV indication of multimeter and read about 20mVpp so I concluded that 0.1mV on multimeter are about 15mVpp more on scope!
So guessed about tesoro guys and how they null cause of your previous post... if they actually use in the test pattern just a digital multimeter to do so... maybe they look at transition between 0.0 and 0.1mV indication as reference... thus producing 15-20mVpp out-nulled coils.
I really don't know... what they use or is there are everything same procedures making e.g. a concentric coplanar coil or a DD or oval... but maybe someone there use really a multimeter to speed up things instead of watching at scope... or some differential circuit fully analog ... maybe with center zero!
Problem is not instrument used but that people must know what are doing... and they of course know everything about coils... and how to make mass production of them fast.
Anyway the fact that building another coil , with same specs , I get now just 10Hz difference from Ivconic and just about 0.5mVpp difference in null comparing with first smae type coil means that you can replicate also so close the coil yourself to better looking at these misteries if you want.
Best regards,
Max
Uh! You gave me worries now! Respecting first lines of your post; with or without 15nF capacitor? (i guess with...) In that case my coils have larger residual voltage than i planned! Shame!
The rest; yes i always wandered how the heck they ballanced coils in massive production? Do they have some "special" instrument?
I was thinking to make something simillar. Esteban posted once some schematic...i looked at it and it is not bad at all. But...i was thinking to make more accurate op-amp based milivoltmeter (ultra high input impendance) and separate tunable oscillator with clear sinus at output...
Problem is; i want to keep it as simple as possible, so must use analogue VU scale....very hard to obtain good one with high resolution...
Also another problem is ....question; how to maintain that meter to be linear due eventual jumps,jitters,nonlinearities which may occur on frequencies like 10-15kHz..?
Considering scale..monitoring...i am not sure how good are those lcd indicators based on ICL7107/06...?
I can simply take that part from some cheap multimeter and include in my design....but this probably return us to the begining of this story;
what error level should be expected from those?
Huh!
Leave a comment:
-
OK - the speech processor wouldn't be any use to you anyway. I found the circuit and it's basically a method of doing soft limiting, which can be used to boost weak signals without blowing your eardrums apart with the loud ones. I guess you are really looking for a simple VCO solution?Originally posted by ivconic View Post
Ehm! No...i am looking for audio simillar to CZ5; a bit longer lasting,changing pitch,decayed and as you explained earlier in that post i quoted above..
Should not been a huge problem...?
Regards
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by Qiaozhi View PostIf you look at the schematic posted earlier, where I asked you to disconnect pin 1 of U106A, there is no 1M resistor. BUT - if I look again at the original schematic, then there is a 1M resistor, but it is connected by a dotted line with some words that say "To check this!". Must be an old schematic.
Glad you have fixed the problem.
Looks like you really had 15mV after all ...
I plan to do some experiments soon to look more closely at this question. At this time, however, I still think that nulling the residual voltage to the nth degree is not necessary.
no... i nulled it at 5.5mVpp using scope... the multimeter reads also 0.0mV but that's another story... I've checked at 0.1mV indication of multimeter and read about 20mVpp so I concluded that 0.1mV on multimeter are about 15mVpp more on scope!
So guessed about tesoro guys and how they null cause of your previous post... if they actually use in the test pattern just a digital multimeter to do so... maybe they look at transition between 0.0 and 0.1mV indication as reference... thus producing 15-20mVpp out-nulled coils.
I really don't know... what they use or is there are everything same procedures making e.g. a concentric coplanar coil or a DD or oval... but maybe someone there use really a multimeter to speed up things instead of watching at scope... or some differential circuit fully analog ... maybe with center zero!
Problem is not instrument used but that people must know what are doing... and they of course know everything about coils... and how to make mass production of them fast.
Anyway the fact that building another coil , with same specs , I get now just 10Hz difference from Ivconic and just about 0.5mVpp difference in null comparing with first smae type coil means that you can replicate also so close the coil yourself to better looking at these misteries if you want.
Best regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
-
You should read posts more carefully. I explained how made mistake and soldered LM308H (same as yours-metalic case) wrong way, considering pin 1. under notch. When switched ON it started screaming...! I was confused...
Later when corrected and resoldered right way (pin 8. under notch) it started working good. No harm done. Nothing burned ...thanks to God!
But you dont need to check if it is gonna burn or not
!
Just put it right way - pin 8. under notch.
About capacitors....i dont know. I put components respecting component placement on pcb you posted here...No mistakes, so far as i am concerned..
Regards!
P.S.
Inform us when you finished...
Leave a comment:
-
No Geo! Beware! I sad that made MISTAKE considering pin 1. under notch...
It is pin 8. under notch not pin1. !
Yes there are 4k7 resistors in chopper, not 47k as showed in schematic.
There is also 2k2 instead 33k....
about 470k in battery test....i put 470k,it is working...
1M resistor goes parallel to diode...only if you want to boost audio. For now do not put it.Leave as it is...
Leave a comment:
-
I attach here the pcb with errors that Max sent here. I have checkthe 10pF... the 1M and one diode that there is at the schematic but no at the pcb. Tell me if are correct.
I have 2 LM308 with metallic case. Where is the ledge??? Ivconic said that it is on pin1......... i looked at datasheet and shows it at pin8. Who is the right.... the shop had only 2 pieces so i dont like to burn it.
Regards
Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by Qiaozhi View PostI have a little circuit for a speech processor somewhere that I can scan in and post tomorrow. This might be what you're looking for.
Ehm! No...i am looking for audio simillar to CZ5; a bit longer lasting,changing pitch,decayed and as you explained earlier in that post i quoted above..
Should not been a huge problem...?
Regards
Leave a comment:
-
I have a little circuit for a speech processor somewhere that I can scan in and post tomorrow. This might be what you're looking for.
Leave a comment:
-
This probably not what you're thinking. It has nothing to do with the audio circuit.Originally posted by ivconic View PostQuiaozhi:
"...Yes - I know it says "... non motion type of detector with fast auto tune ..." but it still requires the coil to be in motion. You cannot hover over the target, otherwise the signal disappears. The auto tune is "fast", as it says on the..."
Quiaozhi! This sounds like audio i was thinking on, all this time!? Is there any chance to mod TGS to work like you described here?
Of course i do not suggest you to offer here some secrets from that detector you talked about! Interested only in principles and eventual mods...
All I can say is that it's not the same type of differentiating circuitry as the TGSL. Have you looked at the Silver Sabre? It uses an auto tune circuit followed by a differentiator.
Leave a comment:
-
Quiaozhi:
"...Yes - I know it says "... non motion type of detector with fast auto tune ..." but it still requires the coil to be in motion. You cannot hover over the target, otherwise the signal disappears. The auto tune is "fast", as it says on the..."
Quiaozhi! This sounds like audio i was thinking on, all this time!? Is there any chance to mod TGS to work like you described here?
Of course i do not suggest you to offer here some secrets from that detector you talked about! Interested only in principles and eventual mods...
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: