Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nihil Roma Maius
    replied
    These days, mostly using my previous experiences I null coils without mich of instruments.ALready established proper method, so it is subjective. For you is best to obey Max's hints about nulling.

    Ivconic, because you're professional.


    Max's hints about nulling.

    What??? Is this a bad joke???







    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Yes!

    Yes! I've got it!!!
    It will work like hell with LM566! I am sure!
    I am preparing new schematic.Will be ready tomorrow or day after, than i'll post it here...
    Now TGS Light will have sound just as i always wanted.
    It will be small,compact, so few components - but hell of detector!
    I'll be back....

    For those who cant wait, go and see Sascho Pulse IB Discriminator...

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Huh!

    No, when i report my results, i always mean on detector switched in DISC mode and DISC pot. at "1"....I never tested TGS in ALL metal mode cose possible interferences and fake signals...

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    .

    Nulling already explained many times. There are several ways to null coils.
    Serac best for you and your conditions. BTW, best would be using scope and func.generator.I busted my scope long time ago. These days, mostly using my previous experiences I null coils without mich of instruments.ALready established proper method, so it is subjective. For you is best to obey Max's hints about nulling.
    Depth..? Depends of a coil. I made over 10 coils for TGS and all different with different depths...Last one can detect 1cm nickel coin at 27cm, but BURRIED IN THE GROUND, which is best result so far. Better than Minelab Sovereign GT! But i had to do so much to gain that result...Do not expect to beat it soon...
    Of course depth is dependable of many conditions, not only on detector and coil. Moisture,soil compounds,mineralization......
    I think you do not need to think to much on centimeters as long as your detector is working steady and can detect same coin at 20-22 cm in the ground - burried of course...More imortant is stabillity and discrimination than depth, trust me.

    I'll take a look on that audio and see...


    Right now i am interested mostly on LM566 or any other simple solution...
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    ivconic

    Can't we use magnums audio?
    Just an Idea?

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Ivconik.
    What audiomodification you are using on your GS?
    How mich depth do you acive for larger coins?
    You told that its 40cm for 1cm coin!!!
    What about 1,5-2cm coin?
    How you null please explain?
    Did you start GS in allmetal mode and swinging coin search for greatest depth?Or I havent understand you right?!?!
    I have made coil 28cm according to your patern,but cant get the same performance!?!?!
    My wire were for 115 TX and 115 TX turns!Now I am runout of wire!
    But resistance is 18,5 for both!It should be enough!
    But dont work the same way!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    566

    Huh! I am trying to find best solution for audio....Still no miracles!

    LM(NE)566 is VCO, how about involving it in TGS..? Any ideas?

    One friend send me very interesting link:


    It is to complicated for already made TGS...but as stand alone project is very interesting! I am planing to make it later, maybe in winter...

    Now i want to mod TGS with as simple as possible (yet functional) audio...

    LM566 is subject....I'll see.

    I could use that audio part from "Beachcomber vlf90" but different voltages are bugging me...? Can it be modified to work on simple power supply,just 12v - non symetrical....I do not want to involve op-amp with virtual ground or simillar...


    Huh!



    I havent read all previous posts...I'll read those later.If some questions sorry cose i didnt answered....
    Best regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    hi

    Hi,
    Max!
    I null and leave between 0 and 1 mv because the 0 zone is too wide,but bad results! Try to turn conections,with shielding,without shielding!
    My multimeter is now better,but.....not good enough!
    The best point I can reach is around 30 cm for very large coin,but its like "pip" not repeated when goes back!
    I try even changing shape,but......poor!
    Please advice.
    I null with 15n cap!Should I try other?I have 1J;22p;473?/I dont now what is this?10n;100p????
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    resistance=18,5 for both!
    I think this should be enough!
    But.....
    Hi,
    think could be ok. Now null, then test.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    resistance=18,5 for both!
    I think this should be enough!
    But.....

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Max.
    Can I compensate this low resistanse somehow?
    Whith change of caps or something else?
    I have no wire left!For now!
    Mybe a few turns!I can try to add them?But will be hard and ugly!@
    Hi tiktak,
    sorry, you can't. If is something 1 or 2 ohm less no problem I think (so something 16 or 17 ohms). But if less probably your oscillator wouldn't be happy, and even having oscillations you could get too far frequency if turns aren't enough to math expected inductance.

    I've tested my PCB and got 14.35 Khz that, if I remember well, is the expected frequency for GSabre.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Try it... if doesn't work

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Max.
    Can I compensate this low resistanse somehow?
    Whith change of caps or something else?
    I have no wire left!For now!
    Mybe a few turns!I can try to add them?But will be hard and ugly!@

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Nihil Roma Maius View Post
    Big problem is that I need lot of solvents/chemicals to remove "well" any flux.

    How do you remove flux ?

    Best regards,
    Max

    For what a lot of solvents/chemicals for a easy solution? Do you want explode when you light your Clint E. cigarr? Simple (now you know and the thanks is real): isopropilic.

    As I see you don't know how. Maybe you use the alcohol for other purposes, but no for to clean PCBs. When you want to write here and in LRL section, please leave far the alcohol!

    ALCO-COOL


    * * * * * * * * *

    Found another mistake on schematic: tantalium cap reversed!

    Ah! But not in your PCB?

    Have to find some spare time!!!

    Best regards,
    Max

    Also check your PCB.

    You have much time, but use for build good coils.

    Reality ??? Reality is that you want present yourself here as an educated, rational mind but the truth is that you support nonsense.

    My education said me that I'll be educated here and in other parts. So, do you're educated here and bad-educated in other instances? If I post in LRL section, I am no-educated, but you are, OK? Justice, where you are?


    * * * * * * * * *

    Max
    I'm on the way...

    And so what?

    PS: do you see the RED tantalium cap ?

    And...??? Great!!! As I see, is the first time you use this type of cap.


    * * * * * * * * *

    Respond, please!

    As your buddy RObert? He use various masks and you said nothing. Justice, come, please!

    Do you deffend RObert? With this kind of friend (you) RObert no need enemies!

    Do you scare in via to emit your opinion against administrator's decission?

    * * * * * * * * *

    ... find funny many things I read in the LRL section

    Yes, and I'll dissect your inputs in LRL section in via for to demonstrates your funny non-senses.

    Guys, take care.
    Hi,
    I wrote:

    "PS: do you see the RED tantalium cap ?" (but just to say "Hey I have have it not electrolitic guys!" )

    Then you wrote:

    "And...??? Great!!! As I see, is the first time you use this type of cap. "

    Is this a direct insult ????

    Oh yeah, I have no credit here... CAUSE I SUPPORT CRAPPY-LRLs, sure!

    JUSTICE COME!

    Find another argumentation... THE PLUSH-DOLL ??? What do you think ???

    Oh, too complex topic... I see! Maybe we can talk about popeye's comics and sparks in dog BS ??? What do you think ???

    C'MON LETS WIN THE CHALLENGE!
    I'M AWAITING

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Esteban View Post
    Hola J_Player

    Gracias. Thanks very much!

    Regards

    Esteban
    Hi Esteban,
    ...
    but what's that gun you're toting ?

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Hi Max. Today i discover a big problem on my GS circuit. The 15nF cap on the RX coil connection, it wasn´t a 15 nF cap . it was a 10pF cap. I think that my eyes didn´t note this when i assembled GS. So this afternoon i replace it with the correct 15nF cap, and now with my first coil that i build, i can get much much better than ACE 250. 1 cm coin is detected on free space at 24 cms.
    Now discrimination is working much much better than before, excellent. No noices, no hum, very stable. All functions are working very stable too.
    Tomorrow i ll try it on the field and after that i ll finish the 22 cms coil to see how this pupy can perform.
    So you people that are no shure if replacement parts can work on this MD, don´t worry, it will work, so go ahead and give it a try.

    Thanks Max and all good friends for helpping me to finish my MD with success.


    Best regards

    Nelson

    PD: all my test will be posted later.
    Hi Nelson,
    congratulations: I'm happy cause your detector is working better now.

    Yes, the TL081 would be Ok, also in analog crossref tables is indicated as direct LM308 replacement.

    Also other parts are OK.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X