If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I would trust the data sheet and give it a try.
DS shows pin order as GSD in the orientation of the JFET in your picture.
Other way is to actively test. Look up "Testing N-ch JFET" on the web for how to do this.
Okay! It is really difficult for an electronic engineer to have trouble recognizing MOSFET bases, I am a self-taught person !!
But I already installed one of these bf245c in the original TGSL, so GSD is right !!
Now I installed it in TGSL Edu like this, I think that's right !!
Do you confirm this ???
How do I install this bf245c on this circuit? I do not trust the datasheet and it is very difficult to detect the gate, source and drain with a multimeter
[ATTACH]57102[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]57103[/ATTACH]
I would trust the data sheet and give it a try.
DS shows pin order as GSD in the orientation of the JFET in your picture.
Other way is to actively test. Look up "Testing N-ch JFET" on the web for how to do this.
Please would both of you add at least which country you are in to your Profile.
How do I install this bf245c on this circuit? I do not trust the datasheet and it is very difficult to detect the gate, source and drain with a multimeter
Hello friends, I finally finished assembling the TGSL and did tests and it seems to me that the DISCO works, also when I tried a US 1 cent coin it did not detect it in any of the modes so I had to turn the GB little by little until that was detected.
Also the copper was not detected and I had to move the GB to be able to detect it. Before that I had to nullify the ferrite first.
I tried the scope with the US 1 cent coin and got 15cm. with the sensitivity to the minimum and you hear clearly and without interference. When I turn the sensitivity up to maximum there are little clicks but you can still hear the detection sound. Is there any way to reduce that noise or is it because I am in a place where there are interferences and noises.
Any help will be welcome.
I'll continue tomorrow and see how far TGSL goes.
THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!
Where is from my friend?before i builded the original TGSL with the worst components, the worst assembly, no facilities and no scoop, with a handmade loop that I nulled with a multimeter. The test video is on the previous pages.
Now, how do you have a problem with using the best components and the best facilities ?? Do not be too upset, you will succeed !!
You are probably picking up some EMI from the AC mains and other electronics in your house.
Try it outside away from electrical stuff.
Typically the Sensitivity control is increase until you hear noise then backed down until quiet.
Is the US 1 cent a newer Zinc coin or and older (pre-1982) copper coin?
Do you have any Silver coins, pre-1965. These will not be detected if the GB trim is too high.
The GB trim is very, very touchy. A 10-15 turn trim pot would be much better.
Hello friends, I finally finished assembling the TGSL and did tests and it seems to me that the DISCO works, also when I tried a US 1 cent coin it did not detect it in any of the modes so I had to turn the GB little by little until that was detected.
Also the copper was not detected and I had to move the GB to be able to detect it. Before that I had to nullify the ferrite first.
I tried the scope with the US 1 cent coin and got 15cm. with the sensitivity to the minimum and you hear clearly and without interference. When I turn the sensitivity up to maximum there are little clicks but you can still hear the detection sound. Is there any way to reduce that noise or is it because I am in a place where there are interferences and noises.
Any help will be welcome.
I'll continue tomorrow and see how far TGSL goes.
THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!
Now I am in block number 12 and I took a measurement with the multitester on pin 5 of U 107 in the range of 20V DC and I got -5.8V.
I will continue with the last stage, I hope to be successful.
Leave a comment: