Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Nice -- is it possible to identify them? What kind of metal?

    -SB
    Hey Simon!

    Yes, the one on the left is civil war pattern. I have several that I dug in Maryland that look the same. Since the Spanish -American war was only 30 some years after the civil war, I'm wondering if they just used surplus items in some cases. I've found 12 buttons in the campsite so far. They are gold plated, thin brass.
    Finding them with the TGSL requires a very low level of disc., almost as low as foil. I have to adjust mine to just eliminate hot rocks and still accept the buttons.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    A Couple of good finds today from my favorite Spanish-American war campsite .. This time with the TGSL - Eduardo's version (Silverdog kit) using a home built 9" DD coil. I found these at somewhat less than 6" and came through with a very strong signal. I dug these with a dozen or so other relics. I have to go back tomorrow and find the rest of the jacket!
    Nice -- is it possible to identify them? What kind of metal?

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    A Couple of good finds today from my favorite Spanish-American war campsite .. This time with the TGSL - Eduardo's version (Silverdog kit) using a home built 9" DD coil. I found these at somewhat less than 6" and came through with a very strong signal. I dug these with a dozen or so other relics. I have to go back tomorrow and find the rest of the jacket!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • johnsmith77
    replied
    Originally posted by francisco2006 View Post
    johnsmith77
    Member




    give me a contact of MSN to talk about this. thank you
    Do you have skype?
    skype: john_smith_77

    Leave a comment:


  • francisco2006
    replied
    johnsmith77
    Member




    give me a contact of MSN to talk about this. thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • johnsmith77
    replied
    Originally posted by francisco2006 View Post
    johnsmith77
    Member

    Johnsmith77

    hello again, i measuring directly RX ( 7.63 Volt) and TX (1.86 Volt) . I when I take DD coils not the sound card, but when I put DD will not stop beeping, then slide the coil closer and nothing you can not tune it. required after sending pictures and maybe a link to youtube.
    Hello,
    are you shure?

    Tx should be about 14v; Rx about 0,01v. Beeping means your coils is not nulled. Also turn sensitivity pot to min when nulling. You need find why voltages on Tx/Rx are wrong.

    I guess you have 7,63 Tx and 1.86 Rx. Check again.

    Leave a comment:


  • francisco2006
    replied
    johnsmith77
    Member

    Johnsmith77

    hello again, i measuring directly RX ( 7.63 Volt) and TX (1.86 Volt) . I when I take DD coils not the sound card, but when I put DD will not stop beeping, then slide the coil closer and nothing you can not tune it. required after sending pictures and maybe a link to youtube.

    Leave a comment:


  • johnsmith77
    replied
    Originally posted by francisco2006 View Post
    hello I'm new here and I have never ridden any PCB been following the scheme Ivconic (COMPLETE TGSL 3.0). Completes the Tesoro Golden Sabre Light, but I have a problem with noise, would have made ​​the wrong reel? And I can not tune the coils. The PCB out of the TX and RX 7.63 V 1.86 V out after sending pictures of everything. thank you
    Hello,

    Used voltmeter or oscilloscope?
    Rx measured directly or lf353 pin 7?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by golfnut View Post
    How does this machine compare with the IGSL.

    Are they similar?

    S
    If you are asking about TGSL/IGSL, yes they are very similar. The IGSL is basically two TGSL's both mounted on the same circuit board each driving their own ID tone.

    Hope this what you were looking for.

    Jerry

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    How does this machine compare with the IGSL.

    Are they similar?

    S

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    At the moment, I forget the actual resistance values, but as I recall they are fairly close to what we are looking for. I have the circuit for it pretty well worked out in my head. I got as far as a quick test on being able to null these two coils and that works good. My idea for the circuit is switching in a series RC circuit to shift the phase by a settable amount with forward biasing a diode. Used to do this with RTTY in amateur radio years ago.

    You get the idea, just a means to test a TGSL/IGSL board without the coil because the coil introduces so many variables.

    We are not that far away from winter weather shutting down outside activities so will get back to some serious experimenting shortly.

    Jerry
    Sounds interesting. I'd like to see the circuit when you get a chance. It's usually hard to passively introduce phase shift without attenuating the signal, but if you're driving a comparator, no problem.

    I'd sure like to hole up for some serious experimenting -- got to hit that lottery...

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Those look great. Basically they can be very helpful when trying to understand where noise comes from, whether it is oscillator jitter, RX pickup, etc. The problem may be getting the resistance realistic, ideally around 20 to 25 ohms would be good for comparing to real coils.

    I am thinking also of making tiny circular coils that you can null in the normal way for ease of use and comparison to full size coils.

    -SB
    At the moment, I forget the actual resistance values, but as I recall they are fairly close to what we are looking for. I have the circuit for it pretty well worked out in my head. I got as far as a quick test on being able to null these two coils and that works good. My idea for the circuit is switching in a series RC circuit to shift the phase by a settable amount with forward biasing a diode. Used to do this with RTTY in amateur radio years ago.

    You get the idea, just a means to test a TGSL/IGSL board without the coil because the coil introduces so many variables.

    We are not that far away from winter weather shutting down outside activities so will get back to some serious experimenting shortly.

    Jerry

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    Hi Simon:

    Last year I made up a couple variable loopstick coils and even made little brass shields for them but then something else intervened and I got away from the project and have not picked it up again.

    Here are the two coils I made. As you can see they are tunable. I was sort of making it up as I went on this so any suggestions would be helpful. I was trying for something similar to hooking up a dummy load or signal generator for a two way radio.

    Jerry
    Those look great. Basically they can be very helpful when trying to understand where noise comes from, whether it is oscillator jitter, RX pickup, etc. The problem may be getting the resistance realistic, ideally around 20 to 25 ohms would be good for comparing to real coils.

    I am thinking also of making tiny circular coils that you can null in the normal way for ease of use and comparison to full size coils.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Yes, a couple of 6mH, 6.5mH chokes would be handy for sure. I've got a 5.6mH inductor which is OK in a pinch. I think a lot of the questions about not getting 30 cm depth could be ambient noise.

    -SB
    Hi Simon:

    Last year I made up a couple variable loopstick coils and even made little brass shields for them but then something else intervened and I got away from the project and have not picked it up again.

    Here are the two coils I made. As you can see they are tunable. I was sort of making it up as I went on this so any suggestions would be helpful. I was trying for something similar to hooking up a dummy load or signal generator for a two way radio.

    Jerry
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    What is on the solderless breadboard?

    -SB

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X