Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • zpe
    replied
    Hi folks, I just would like someone to share a Gerber files for Tesoro Golden Sabre. For me is easier and cheaper to order a couple of boards sending a gerber files to a company.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Where are you from ZPE?

    Leave a comment:


  • zpe
    replied
    Hi Eugene, I need of gerber for Tesoro Golden Sabre. Thank you in advance.
    I would like to order a PCB boards for myself.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

    Originally posted by zpe View Post
    PLEASE, is it possible someone to share the Gerber files?
    Thanks a lot!!
    Hello Zpe , which Gerber files ?? For the Tesoro Golden Sabre or Something else ? I am going to Start a new Thread , I will call "Easiest PCB and Schematic software" It will help me , because I am getting ready to order a bunch of PCB "circuit boards" . I will doing all the preliminary work myself and then place an order . Anyway this is the Golden Sabre thread , so we want to keep everyone happy and post the pcb and schematic software stuff separate !!!!!..........Regards...........Eugene52

    Leave a comment:


  • zpe
    replied
    PLEASE, is it possible someone to share the Gerber files?
    Thanks a lot!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    If you want a free PCB layout package, and you don't care about the schematic, you could try Pad2Pad -> www.pad2pad.com

    It's simple to use, and even has an autorouter, DRC and BOM.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Why you need to be careful with TO-92 pinouts:



    As Ivconic says, you need to check on a case by case basis. I've been caught out by this before
    Yes, you have to be careful on schematic which pin number corresponds to base, collector, etc.

    ExpressPCB defines pin number locations just for the TO-92 package shape, doesn't care the function of pin. What I don't know is if this pin-numbering is universal, or other programs or diagrams number them differently. I will be posting a version of Ivconic's final schematic with pin numbers for the transistors based on ExpressPCB TO-92 package and J107, 2n2907, 2n2222 Fairchild TO-92 components. I agree it is up to the circuit builder to verify the actual pins of their own components.

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Eugene52 View Post
    Hello SimonBaker , Have you tried Express-schem. and express-Pcb . ??? Is it working Good ?? Ivconics sprint looks Great , I do want to try different pcb software , any suggestions are welcome , Regards................Eugene
    Yes, I have used ExpressSCH and ExpressPCB to draw schematic and PCB, and link schematic to PCB to help make correct PCB.

    I like the software pretty well. ExpressSCH has nice validate feature to find unconnected components and duplicate names, very useful.

    ExpressPCB is basic, but if had a few more features, would be killer. I have put in requests, but don't know if they care or not. Support is very good, Heidi answers your questions. Their help files are not searchable though, seems a little stupid -- maybe they are afraid someone will steal them?????

    The capacitors in ExpressPCB are just drawn as boxes, but you can add the symbol yourself and make a custom component easily. The library components' pads seemed too thin for my taste, so I made custom components with thicker pads, trying to match pads on a Sprint Layout PCB.

    A good feature is that if you link to your schematic, when you click on a component pin, you can highlight all the other pins on your PCB it is connected to. You can almost draw your PCB without looking at schematic.

    Also, if you move component, the traces will stretch and go with it.

    Some features are needed in ExpressPCB:

    1. Validation - ExpressPCB needs a general validation function to warn if components are missing connections, or if some components on schematics are not on PCB. Actually, it will warn you when you touch a pin if some other pins from schematic is missing, so you find out missing connections when drawing traces.

    2. Image layer -- ExpressPCB needs a phantom "layer" where you can import an image of an existing PCB so you can draw traces exactly like it.

    3. Neither program can export a netlist. ExpressPCB can import a netlist I think.

    4. Components cannot be rotated to diagonal, not too important.

    5. Other minor shortcomings -- more zoom settings would be nice. It would be nice if all components from linked schematics could be dumped onto board, or at least selected from a list. It would be nice to have extra silkscreen layers that can be turned on or off during printing, so you can choose how much labeling, what language, etc.

    6. Some people complained of printing limitations, I do not know what they mean. I think Sprint Layout has much more flexible and powerful printing.

    7. Basically ExpressPCB hopes you will send them your files to order PCB from them, so they will never be super-motivated to help the do-it-yourselfer.

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Eugen 52.
    I now that you make this for fun but its pointless.
    You see all is good and working.Just some tunungs needed to achive the best performance according to components used.I wanna tell you that my 2N2222 have the exacly oposite pins from what you showed!So no point.Everything is ok.
    Everyone have to wach for TRs pins and all is OK.
    But this must be solved for each situation individualy.
    So dont worry.We have it all already.
    Major THANKS to Ivconic who make this posible!
    Hello tiktak , You are correct !! I should of posted this in a small ZIP-FOLDER . I want to make this PCB on 2 separate circuit boards , keeping battery / supply and Audio on one circuit board and the RX , TX on the other . I am trying express PCB and express schem. ........I will post the results later in small zip-files . Have a Great new Year tiktak !!....Comments are always welcome !!......Eugene52

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Thanks
    Qiaozhi!

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    TO-92 pinouts

    Why you need to be careful with TO-92 pinouts:



    As Ivconic says, you need to check on a case by case basis. I've been caught out by this before

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Eugen 52.
    I now that you make this for fun but its pointless.
    You see all is good and working.Just some tunungs needed to achive the best performance according to components used.I wanna tell you that my 2N2222 have the exacly oposite pins from what you showed!So no point.Everything is ok.
    Everyone have to wach for TRs pins and all is OK.
    But this must be solved for each situation individualy.
    So dont worry.We have it all already.
    Major THANKS to Ivconic who make this posible!

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Of course, we understand! Better to make progress than fuss over every last detail!

    In this case, since TGSL famous now , I'll change pin numbers for TO-92 as ExpressPCB uses it -- that way easier for anyone linking ExpressSch schematic to ExpressPCB.

    Regards,

    -SB
    Hello SimonBaker , Have you tried Express-schem. and express-Pcb . ??? Is it working Good ?? Ivconics sprint looks Great , I do want to try different pcb software , any suggestions are welcome , Regards................Eugene
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    1. No it is not. Just a curiosity...and no harm from it. It is "smoothing" a bit those 3 transients. Hard to spot any difference without scope.
    2. Ha,ha,ha...Sorry...i do not pay attention on tr.pin numbers while drawing schematic. I am very sloppy. Already told here those supposed to be my internal documents...in the past i was not planned to share and publish those anywere. Just a "working" documents...to have something to look in, while soldering components...sort of reminder. Also pcb part of Express software is not what i am using....so i dont mind.. In future i will pay attention on that.

    Reason for being sloppy lays in fact that i like to experiment. For example: sometimes i will use 2N2907 and sometimes BC557 or simillar. Sometimes i will use J107 and sometimes BF245c...so i dont really mind on pin orientation at transistors..... that is the main reason...
    Of course, we understand! Better to make progress than fuss over every last detail!

    In this case, since TGSL famous now , I'll change pin numbers for TO-92 as ExpressPCB uses it -- that way easier for anyone linking ExpressSch schematic to ExpressPCB.

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Labeled file...yes it exist. I didnt posted it here???? Ooops!
    Here it is:
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X