Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fred
    replied
    New coil, incredible resuts.

    Hi,
    I have just tried my new DD coil, here are the results.
    All tests where made in air, with a 1 dollar coin,38mm diameter.Coil is 20cm diameter

    When at maximum,the "sens" pot is at 5 o´clock, here i get a few random beeps,i reduce it to 4 o´clock and it is perfect.
    -With ground ballance pot a one side (no ground balance),all metal,i could detect the coin at more than 45cm!! With sens at max, barely detectable at almost 50cm. I had to fix the coin on a 1m plastic pipe to avoid detecting my hand.
    -With GB properly set, all metal,38cm.
    -"Disc" on , 27cm

    Now i want to put the GB pot on the front , i let a space for this.
    The TGS i really an excellent detector!

    Thanks for all who helped here to build it , in particular Qiaozhi,Max,Ivconic Etc.
    If i find a treasure i will let you know
    No i am going to build to the next project, a PI.
    Best regards to all! ,
    Fred.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    And I think that TL072 is even better there.This LF442 make the sound different.But anyway I will test soon on good field.

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    I will try with this new PCB maybe it will be working better.Or maybe the reason is still my coil.
    Have you made progress with 12 OO coil?I think that there should be extra capacitators at both windings...
    p.s.did you null in DISC or in ALLM?Or there is no diferance?
    I will make and another DD255X137.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Max.
    I am going to test TGS under cleaned snow.To see the results.I am shore about one place that have to be cheked.
    Anyway,I just finaly find LF442!!!!At last....TLC2262 is inposible to be found here.
    I will notice if there is any differance.
    My question were I null another coil but noticed that when I hold a coin in my hand the detection is 10cm.I think that with this coil/255X137/TGS will reach around 17-18 cm in ground.I need more.What you will advice me for DD 32 cm?How much turns?For TX and RX?I saw somewhere that Ivconic gives data I think TX=85 RX=90?
    How is he buy the way?

    Damn still cant reach your results.
    Please send me your post address to my e-mail:[email protected]
    I am building a new TGS and will be ready in a couple of days.I will send it to you so you could be finaly able to help me.I will be very greatefull and will send you a small surprize.
    I plan to make one coil ready and wound another and finaly see what the hell is going on here.
    Thanks
    p.s.I am almost ready with the pcb for :
    Metal detector with meter discriminating
    Can you look at this scheme.
    So I can ask you a couple of questions.
    Hi tiktak,
    I have an email that use for MD stuff... that is [email protected] but don't have time to watch there so frequently than I prefer using the forum messages , also private messages I mean , to communicate with other guys here.

    About TLC2262... don't worry... other things will be ok too: just avoid the bad tl062 and similar noisy parts that are no good for TGS (you can try using tl072 instead or also tl082 from STM there but not 062 ... too noisy things).

    I don't know about Ivconic... I hope he's good.

    Abou coil: I get with my 10'' coil (Ivconic's design I've made for TGS) good results on soil... e.g. 1 eur coin at 30-31 cms.

    This result is just for a neutral or medium mineralized soil... not so mineralized one. In worse conditions detection is maximum 18-20cms cause of the strong signal from soil that mask good signals from targets.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Max.
    I am going to test TGS under cleaned snow.To see the results.I am shore about one place that have to be cheked.
    Anyway,I just finaly find LF442!!!!At last....TLC2262 is inposible to be found here.
    I will notice if there is any differance.
    My question were I null another coil but noticed that when I hold a coin in my hand the detection is 10cm.I think that with this coil/255X137/TGS will reach around 17-18 cm in ground.I need more.What you will advice me for DD 32 cm?How much turns?For TX and RX?I saw somewhere that Ivconic gives data I think TX=85 RX=90?
    How is he buy the way?

    Damn still cant reach your results.
    Please send me your post address to my e-mail:[email protected]
    I am building a new TGS and will be ready in a couple of days.I will send it to you so you could be finaly able to help me.I will be very greatefull and will send you a small surprize.
    I plan to make one coil ready and wound another and finaly see what the hell is going on here.
    Thanks
    p.s.I am almost ready with the pcb for :
    Metal detector with meter discriminating
    Can you look at this scheme.
    So I can ask you a couple of questions.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    Hi Max,
    Depth or performance was not a concern , i used this coil to find a small aluminium gear,but i have just tried it with a 35mm coin, it is about 18cm.Coil is 20cm diameter.I have built this coil a long time ago for the Magnum.Its design is on the magnum schematic.At the time i undertood less than today, i made nulling etc as i could but never really used it, the magnum was working but it was too complicated with three 9v batteries and a lot of controls ...
    Now i just needed a finished coil and used this one.I was surprised to see it works not so bad.I still have to 100% finish the DD one.
    Just searching the small gear i have already found a big stainless-steel knife and a old lighter in my own place,so now i am addicted to it :-) .
    Best regards,
    Fred.
    Hi,
    I see. The Magnum is complicated right... even if it's still today an interesting project. I have to made some of these coils again now... for my TGS.... have to find some spare time !

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi! MAX.

    I dismantled my 28DD coils, because in exactly 0 nulling it is very sensitive at soft touches and selfoscilations too...then I fix the coils in other position... less sensitive...wich give me total silence... but the depth was very reduced. Why???


    Regards,

    DIRCEU
    Hi,
    depth reduction is due maybe to shape of flux lines that's now different but also about nulling voltage. When you null to zero the DD coils you get maximum balance between the TX and RX and then it's easy that even a small target will cause big variation in Rx voltage from zero point. When you have just partially balanced RX (nulled I mean) you get less relative variation cause your RX output has more voltage accross leads in absence of targets.

    Less relative variation means the op. amps see a smaller "useful" signal (the one produced by targets only), thus you lose about SNR, then you lose sensitivity.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    TGS..again!

    Hi! MAX.

    I dismantled my 28DD coils, because in exactly 0 nulling it is very sensitive at soft touches and selfoscilations too...then I fix the coils in other position... less sensitive...wich give me total silence... but the depth was very reduced. Why???


    Regards,

    DIRCEU

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi Fred,
    I see... what about depth with coins ? What about coil ?
    Max
    Hi Max,
    Depth or performance was not a concern , i used this coil to find a small aluminium gear,but i have just tried it with a 35mm coin, it is about 18cm.Coil is 20cm diameter.I have built this coil a long time ago for the Magnum.Its design is on the magnum schematic.At the time i undertood less than today, i made nulling etc as i could but never really used it, the magnum was working but it was too complicated with three 9v batteries and a lot of controls ...
    Now i just needed a finished coil and used this one.I was surprised to see it works not so bad.I still have to 100% finish the DD one.
    Just searching the small gear i have already found a big stainless-steel knife and a old lighter in my own place,so now i am addicted to it :-) .
    Best regards,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    TGS new version
    Coil is for pinpointing,from another project,not on the right frequency(around 19khz)works well with extremely small objects, i have found tiny 1X3mm screws 5-8cm with loud signals.
    Fred.
    Hi Fred,
    I see... what about depth with coins ? What about coil ?

    It seems like in some Andy Flind's project... we discussed the topic with Ivconic some time ago. Much better pinpointing with that.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by plboy View Post
    Hi Max
    I am made some shematics
    last was minelab relik hawk there in air 1 euro at about 30 sm with DD 28sm
    it have a nice diskriminate but a smal object problem...
    before i made this shematic at the pict it was stable with concentric bul low sens and make DD 28sm but euro in air - 28sm you can sagest some way to make a DD or concentric for this shematic or for minelab RH
    before 3 years I made a magnum but not stable shematic
    I want a make a stable and depth IB detector

    Regards,
    plboy
    Hi plboy,
    I don't know about a good coil for that schematic. What I know is that you can made very good things with low noise op amps and a good design + a 10''coil (25.5cm) diameter.

    I can detect , for example, 1eur at 36-37cm on the air with 10'' coil DD.

    I think that if your circuit , even simple (I think it isn't ML's relic hawk but a simpler one), can do well with good signal/noise ratio and good coil. Coil nulling is the trick: reach few mV peak-to-peak nulling and your coil will be fine.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    TGS new version
    Coil is for pinpointing,from another project,not on the right frequency(around 19khz)works well with extremely small objects, i have found tiny 1X3mm screws 5-8cm with loud signals.
    Fred.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • plboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    which one ? the TGS ? or the GS4 ?

    TGS is a VLF/T-R machine... that has disc and geb features... it's good for medium soils and give good response and detection of small items of various metals.

    For example I get 1eur coin (23mm diameter, bimetallic) at 36-37cm on the air and with disc on with 10'' coil.

    It's motion detector... you need to sweep it to get the signal from targets but first you need an absolute good geb setting: fixed preset or pot on front panel to do on the field.

    Coil must be something around 10'' or the like: that way you can detect stuff at good distance (like top of the range machines of very good brands) and mantain still usable "pinpointing" and coil dimensions/weight.

    If you refer to GS4, then it's PI machine and good for beach or e.g. hi-mineralized soil with constant matrix magnetisation (no good if there are large hot-rocks... so sharp magnetic spots). If so you can find e.g. small nuggets like in australian gold-fields... machine was designed for that kind of stuff and conditions like you can find in australian soils.
    It's powerful and complex machine... and you have to design a PCB for it from schematic: if you can do and need a good PI do it. Consumption is high, but performance , even with just 8'' coil, is really high...but you haven't any disc on GS4 ... so you'll pick up lot of iron and other trash.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Hi Max
    I am made some shematics
    last was minelab relik hawk there in air 1 euro at about 30 sm with DD 28sm
    it have a nice diskriminate but a smal object problem...
    before i made this shematic at the pict it was stable with concentric bul low sens and make DD 28sm but euro in air - 28sm you can sagest some way to make a DD or concentric for this shematic or for minelab RH
    before 3 years I made a magnum but not stable shematic
    I want a make a stable and depth IB detector

    Regards,
    plboy
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by plboy View Post
    hi Max
    Can you give me some info about this detector
    Regards
    Hi,
    which one ? the TGS ? or the GS4 ?

    TGS is a VLF/T-R machine... that has disc and geb features... it's good for medium soils and give good response and detection of small items of various metals.

    For example I get 1eur coin (23mm diameter, bimetallic) at 36-37cm on the air and with disc on with 10'' coil.

    It's motion detector... you need to sweep it to get the signal from targets but first you need an absolute good geb setting: fixed preset or pot on front panel to do on the field.

    Coil must be something around 10'' or the like: that way you can detect stuff at good distance (like top of the range machines of very good brands) and mantain still usable "pinpointing" and coil dimensions/weight.

    If you refer to GS4, then it's PI machine and good for beach or e.g. hi-mineralized soil with constant matrix magnetisation (no good if there are large hot-rocks... so sharp magnetic spots). If so you can find e.g. small nuggets like in australian gold-fields... machine was designed for that kind of stuff and conditions like you can find in australian soils.
    It's powerful and complex machine... and you have to design a PCB for it from schematic: if you can do and need a good PI do it. Consumption is high, but performance , even with just 8'' coil, is really high...but you haven't any disc on GS4 ... so you'll pick up lot of iron and other trash.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • plboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi guys,
    sorry for latency... these days I'm so busy that I really can't read messages on the forum.

    For TikTak:
    you are right about depth... I gained 36-37cms with 1eur coin on the air and 10'' coil on TGS (the standard one... I have no time to tune TGSL at now).
    1eur is 23mm diameter coin. I have US coins (somewhere) but don't remember where at now... you know... I'm european and often use eur stuff to check depth or also british half crown and the like.
    About coils... well I wound both same way... not reversed... but then you have to consider you can always swap leads if needed by phase etc to gain better disc and depth. I think you need better tuning but cannot identify hot spot... if coil or pcb about your shorter detection on air.

    For Esteban:
    Yes that's true... I detected some good steel things... also a german knife (the ones that fit on rifles) from WWII and donated to a local mil museum ...they polished the thing from rust and dirt and now it looks cool.
    I don't like iron or rust detection ... but sometimes steel things are cool to be found.

    For Dirceu:
    I think you can't find here or in other forums too... the deepstarII schematic, as I know, was never public domain... so few people have it.
    You can focus on e.g. Goldscan4 schematic... that's inspired to similar components and technology... even if not a true beach machine. You can use it on beach if you can make a good pcb for it. Or also you can make other also good PIs like some white's etc

    Kind regards,
    Max
    hi Max
    Can you give me some info about this detector
    Regards

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X