Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Darko View Post
    Hi Max,

    Your work looks wery nice, wich program you use for drawing PCB's?
    I'm not sure what is "decoupling" but maybe is this one located below 4024 as SMT one in Vladimir's version of TGSL PCB.

    Regards,
    Darko
    Hi,
    the PCB design is Vladimir's work... not mine. I've just cleaned up the colors to make big contrast in print of it.

    I think he used maybe sprint layout to do it.

    Capacitors I mean are like C22 or C30 in Ivconic's schematic...at supply pins of op amps... of course one could choose to connect them on the copperside soldering on existing pads and gnd tracks... if needed.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Darko
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    Another strange thing is that on this PCB there aren't the decoupling capacitors of 100nF I can see in Ivconic's schematic for TGSL... maybe cause of limited space.

    Are there decoupling in Goldy PCB ? Who knows ?... I remember not.

    It's a little puzzle!

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Hi Max,

    Your work looks wery nice, wich program you use for drawing PCB's?
    I'm not sure what is "decoupling" but maybe is this one located below 4024 as SMT one in Vladimir's version of TGSL PCB.

    Regards,
    Darko

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    I've made a board... but then realized it's wrong side ?

    So I think this is the right way for copperside.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Hi,
    Another strange thing is that on this PCB there aren't the decoupling capacitors of 100nF I can see in Ivconic's schematic for TGSL... maybe cause of limited space.

    Are there decoupling in Goldy PCB ? Who knows ?... I remember not.

    It's a little puzzle!

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Vladimir's PCB file

    Hi,
    I've made a board... but then realized it's wrong side ?

    So I think this is the right way for copperside.

    Best regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    how it works
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    other common packages for 1A and more bridge rectifiers
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    B1 is a bridge rectifier.
    You can buy it or build one as follow, good up to 1 amp.
    regards,
    Fred.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks Max.
    I will try build this circuit.I cant understand what is B1?I already have lm317T and will buy the rest of the parts tomorrow.But what is this B1.As I see I must conect + from ac/dc adaptrer to diode D1.
    Thanks
    See you soon.
    Hi,
    is a bridge rectifier... you need a 1A rated (or more) bridge like in the picture below. There are also different, bigger case , flat type also but signs are always the same.

    The wave signs go to the ac adaptor (or dc one, same thing you need 16volts or more there), then the + and - are connected to circuit and give you the positive and reference voltages.

    Best regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Thanks Max.
    I will try build this circuit.I cant understand what is B1?I already have lm317T and will buy the rest of the parts tomorrow.But what is this B1.As I see I must conect + from ac/dc adaptrer to diode D1.
    Thanks
    See you soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Is it raining now in Serbia?Haven't snow arived yet?
    What do you think because I couldn't finish so far to test,can I go prospecting in snow or device will not be able to work properly?
    Ivconic how did you charge this lead-acid battery that we saw on pictures?
    Did you use bought charger or you use something homemade?
    When it rains you can smoke and work!
    Thanks
    Hi,
    uhm... using on the snow... I see it hard with any VLF detector. The large conductive (snow, wet grass and soil-salts) signal from "snow"... even not thick layer of that will create problems.

    Well... sometimes you could also have few influence by that... but that happens mostly with e.g. depth PIs not VLFs.

    VLFs like TGS will suffer from large conductive layers. Then you have also to consider that frozen ground is really hard to dig for items...another and bigger problem about detecting on the snow.

    BTW you can use my second schematic with LM317 and pot etc to charge gel-type batteries; I use it with lot of success from many years, just set output to 13.8V without battery... then connect it.

    That's all... it's fully automatic, limited, cannot damage battery and will charge it in very few hours...depending on its status at charge start. Just check voltage... when reach 12,75V battery is fully charged... or you can leave attached to circuit as you want... no problems.

    Best regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Thanks!
    But conecting to - of the battery?Are you shore?You mean - on PCB?Or I should conect to - of the battery directly?
    Excuse the stupidity of my question!
    Same thing. Use negative of battery as reference or GND tracks/pads on PCB... they are (about) at same potential.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Tiktak,
    It´s the same! Can be at the PCB or battery, just use the easier for you !
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Max.
    I have multimeter!So I have to put it again in AC 200mV and conect + to LF353 pin7 ?But where to conect -?And look again for 0.00?
    I have just finish 12 OO coil like yours and will test soon,but wanna make and 255X137 like Ivconic's and test both on same field!I have already wind one but on 255X137 former and will null,seal and test it too because it is already made and shielded.
    The thing that borders me is that now I remember that before one week I have made a short when trying to measure the voltage of the battery/I measure the V on bux where battery is conecting/i haven't noticed any diferances in behaviour,but please tell me can this happen?I mean can this short go without burned elements or I must be shore that something is burned?
    Thanks
    Hi,
    if you shorted the battery leads you haven't damaged circuit... but maybe battery...and maybe not (depending on battery type...some like gel-type are hard to damage even shorting leads... but don't do that).

    That is true if you short leads at battery level. If short happened by some PCB track you could have burnt something on PCB. But if that happened you had seen it... smoke or something component explosion and the like.

    So, if short was at battery level only, circuit is ok don't worry.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    -Tiktak,
    You connect the - of your multimeter to the - of the battery,and the + to pin 7 of lf 353.you will never get 0V , but try to go as low as possible.

    -Thanks, Nelson!

    Regards,
    Fred.

    Thanks!
    But conecting to - of the battery?Are you shore?You mean - on PCB?Or I should conect to - of the battery directly?
    Excuse the stupidity of my question!

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Max, i reduced weight of my TGSL to 2.2kg...

    I dont know...? I do not bother myself with device complexity, never. Usually main reason to build or not to build some device is if i have good pcb for it or not.... If i had pcb draws i would make any good detector by now....My main problem are pcb's and (eventually) som rare component, hard to find in shops....
    Lobo...? If pcb draw exist for it...i will make it for sure...Long winter here in mountains....nothing to do
    Usually i am hyperactive, i dont sit at home 4-5 hours daily...but now...damn rain!
    Max... i'll send you pm now...
    Regards!

    Hi,
    Is it raining now in Serbia?Haven't snow arived yet?
    What do you think because I couldn't finish so far to test,can I go prospecting in snow or device will not be able to work properly?
    Ivconic how did you charge this lead-acid battery that we saw on pictures?
    Did you use bought charger or you use something homemade?
    When it rains you can smoke and work!
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X