Hi guys,
sorry for latency... these days I'm so busy that I really can't read messages on the forum.
For TikTak:
you are right about depth... I gained 36-37cms with 1eur coin on the air and 10'' coil on TGS (the standard one... I have no time to tune TGSL at now).
1eur is 23mm diameter coin. I have US coins (somewhere) but don't remember where at now... you know... I'm european and often use eur stuff to check depth or also british half crown and the like.
About coils... well I wound both same way... not reversed... but then you have to consider you can always swap leads if needed by phase etc to gain better disc and depth. I think you need better tuning but cannot identify hot spot... if coil or pcb about your shorter detection on air.
For Esteban:
Yes that's true... I detected some good steel things... also a german knife (the ones that fit on rifles) from WWII and donated to a local mil museum ...they polished the thing from rust and dirt and now it looks cool.
I don't like iron or rust detection ... but sometimes steel things are cool to be found.
For Dirceu:
I think you can't find here or in other forums too... the deepstarII schematic, as I know, was never public domain... so few people have it.
You can focus on e.g. Goldscan4 schematic... that's inspired to similar components and technology... even if not a true beach machine. You can use it on beach if you can make a good pcb for it. Or also you can make other also good PIs like some white's etc
Kind regards,
Max
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Collapse
X
-
Guest repliedBest detector
Thanks! MAX
Excusme for more this question:
Where I could find the schematics and PCB of DEEPSTAR II
REGARDS
DIRCEU
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Max,Originally posted by Max View PostSo I can disc out totally hammers (iron) but not large steel nails !
I of course can detect steel hammers with TGS... but don't care too much about. I'm interested in iron canceling and even if some steel is detected I don't care too much... some of my places are enough clean from steel but have lots of iron stuff and rusty traces of it.
If you problem is just with steel ... my advice is keep detector as is... no other mods required. You cannot find any real , even bought, detector that's totally immune to steel... even if there are lot of them advertised. That's my experience.
Kind regards,
Max
You're right. I prefer no immune at all the iron. Size of hammer in the range of detection is OK. I found a good Browning 9 mm pistol (some oxidated, but with few repair work fine). Was with my old IB, so no reason for to discriminate all the iron.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Tiktak,
I think you dont have to bother too much for coils sense :just connect the TX the TX and RX coils, then try it , if working is not good for sens and disc, reverse only one of them.
I have found that holding a small aluminium part in my hand, i could not detect it at all. But as soon as i put it on the ground,a get a strong signal.
I am trying this with aluminium because i have lost a small gear outside and i have been searching everywhere.
what are you using for shielding?
good luck,
Fred.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi
------------------------
end tx
TX
start tx
-------------------------------------------
end rx
RX
start rx
------------------
Because I were aleys trying to reach this.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,
Hi,
Max.
Thanks for nice words.
I have mount external geb from the beginig.100k lin potentiometer.
I think that I still suffer from low sensitivity.You,Ivconic and others tell that have max sensitivity around 30-35 cm for coin!?!??
What kind of coin.Please test and tell me the results with dime and quater US.
How is your geb set when you have 34 cm in disc?Can you ignore hot rocks or its set at HI or LOW?
I have changed this 2k2/33/ resistor with 8,2 I think but not noticable diferance!
I have changed my speaker with one 16 ohm small sealed speaker.
Again no change.
At home I reach around 23-25 max for 25c US.
This is nothing.When in field on some places I can get around 30 cm for the same coin but..............
How did you null your coil?In disc or in allmetal mode?
I am now begining to build anotherone.I will try to make it good looking.
Also because I cant draw and upload pic.from here will ask you so you can understand my question.On the PCB layout where L and L1 reach the device/15n cap/
when you looking the picture like it is the wires go like this
shield RX
15n
RX start
TX start
shield TX
And also how did you wind your coils?I mean first TX and then just RX in oposite direction?I mean when you flip it to form the coil the start and end;bottom and top places changes.
So how did you proceed?
Thanks
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Dirceu,Originally posted by Unregistered View PostHi MAX
What the best detector to find gold jewelry in beaches?
DIRCEU
I suggest you consider the PI detectors for beach hunting. On beach you don't need much work to dig stuff... also there are often depth targets cause sand moves easy...so it's good having a very powerful and fast thing like an Eric Foster's machine (like deepstarII)... even if you cannot disc iron or other metals with that machine.
It's easy: you'll dig everything on the beach... so also lot of trash... but happens easy you can find very good things (rings, etc) at 35cm or more depth that way.
Also with PI you can search in wet sand too not just dry, impossible to do for e.g. IB/VLF machines or heavy limited for them.
So, build a good PI or buy one with 8'' coil and you'll be fine on the beach.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by tiktak View PostHi,
Max.
I have made anther 2 tests with TGS and on first I detect in old house backyard.I were totaly shore that I wont find anything preasus.And so happen.
But I were amaised buy the behaviour of my TGS.No such noise and falses as on first test.But the terains were totaly different.On this I were surprised that I can detect event trough 4 cm snow!~!!!Very good.Stabile,easy to pinpoint.I found some large steel and other stuffs.Al caps were very nasty.
I were able to disc the rusty nails that were in the ground.So You are right again!My TGS were good,but I were shore that this horseshoe is from Iron,but its look like they are made from aloy.
I just return from tird test I were on one NEW for ME hill fortress.There were how to how............
The terain were extremly wet!I have many falses!On some places the TGS were like machine gun,on some were only noisy,but I could not get any target at all,only oe hotrock that were on the surfice.
I read your tread for wet soils.
So you think that I get the pottery?And hotrocks.Can I ignore those?
I notice that when I reduce sensitvity I get a little bit more stabile preformance ,BUT i think that with such many noises NO one can detect!
What you will advice me.
I here this lokation from one kid with old IB.And he told me that he have digg some coins from there.I saw too small roman coins from this fortress.
But today I came home again with bare hands!!!!
Ivconic 250 coins for 5-6 hous / Me 0 coins for 2 hours AGAIN
I sufer from less depth compared with you Ivconic and others.Shell I try change the values of capacitator near RX?Or?Because its look like I null coils not good,average but workable
Thanks
nice to hear your detector worked good on second soil. That means you have right geb setting for that place. As I said quite often in past TGS is good machine but for medium soil... generally speaking it suffers from heavy mineralized soil and geb become critical in such places.
About horseshoe maybe it's made of iron and some other metal in alloy. There's possibility that if old it was made by alloy of different metals , not just iron... then you have consider that some iron minerals have often lot of impurities (nickel, cobalt etc) that have great magnetic properties too like iron but a completely different phase respect to pure iron... so the alloy can show a very strange phase angle respect to pure iron... and if you sum this with probable presence of carbonium (some steel alloy) too with impurities... the angle could be even more strange to detector.
I noticed that some scissors made in China have a very high detection on my TGS... and I start thinking there's something similar to impurities in that steel (there's stainless steel mark on them).
About coins... well, Ivconic told you about experience and how much it's important in that kind of search with MD... finding right places then after having good MD for that. Places are often difficault to find cause you can waste many hours just walking and looking around without even switching on the MD. It's the difficault part of the hobby finding the right place for your search... even on a beach it's the same. You can find stuff in a say 2meters wide strip sometimes ... then just nothing out of that "track". Sometimes it's totally different and you find valuable things at random so don't need any spatial limitation about sweeping. Depends on too many factors... and for coin is the same... sometimes you can find stuff just in a few 10s of meters... then just nothing... cause maybe there was a container that broke in that place and stuff were moved by e.g. soil movement due to farm work in centuries (this is the case for many England and other around Europe places) etc etc .
I think the best could be using an external geb pot on TGS to suit the different conditions and gain better stability on whole places turning the knob. I've made on the fly that mod on my TGS... but unfortunately I'm very busy these days with work ... so cannot test it yet...then cannot report here any result.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedbest detector
Hi MAX
What the best detector to find gold jewelry in beaches?
DIRCEU
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,
Hi,
Max.
I have made anther 2 tests with TGS and on first I detect in old house backyard.I were totaly shore that I wont find anything preasus.And so happen.
But I were amaised buy the behaviour of my TGS.No such noise and falses as on first test.But the terains were totaly different.On this I were surprised that I can detect event trough 4 cm snow!~!!!Very good.Stabile,easy to pinpoint.I found some large steel and other stuffs.Al caps were very nasty.
I were able to disc the rusty nails that were in the ground.So You are right again!My TGS were good,but I were shore that this horseshoe is from Iron,but its look like they are made from aloy.
I just return from tird test I were on one NEW for ME hill fortress.There were how to how............
The terain were extremly wet!I have many falses!On some places the TGS were like machine gun,on some were only noisy,but I could not get any target at all,only oe hotrock that were on the surfice.
I read your tread for wet soils.
So you think that I get the pottery?And hotrocks.Can I ignore those?
I notice that when I reduce sensitvity I get a little bit more stabile preformance ,BUT i think that with such many noises NO one can detect!
What you will advice me.
I here this lokation from one kid with old IB.And he told me that he have digg some coins from there.I saw too small roman coins from this fortress.
But today I came home again with bare hands!!!!
Ivconic 250 coins for 5-6 hous / Me 0 coins for 2 hours AGAIN
I sufer from less depth compared with you Ivconic and others.Shell I try change the values of capacitator near RX?Or?Because its look like I null coils not good,average but workable
Thanks
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by tiktak View PostHi,
Max.
I made another fast test yesterday,..........but......
Not happy!
I have finished another DD 27
When check it again it shows 0.178 mA./from pin 7 LF353/
Could this be the reason?
How much should be the reading?
I think that I could not reach 0.000 right>?
I think that detector should discriminate this horse shoes afther all.
I can discriminate hammer too,but this horseshoe.....................NO
The problem is that on second field test I detect and one other medium piece of iron,and other horse shoe/half/.
Anyway thanks.
I will make coils now because cant go detecting.Bed wether.
See you soon
Hi,
If you can disc out iron stuff like hammers it's really probable that your horse shoe is made of steel... that's completely different story about detecting. Steel is really hard to ignore by MD also using disc cause the of the internal structure that has lower conductivity and also crystals made by carbonium inside the steel matrix.
It's impossible to avoid during search on the field if it is there... you can just hope there aren't many and you haven't dig them all.
I've detection of some steel with TGS too... but to me is not a big issue cause it's just about great stuff not small particles. On TGS I , for instance, cannot detect a small steel scew but large nails yes... and horse shoes too.
All is due to phase shift of steel kinds that are different from pure iron angle.
So I can disc out totally hammers (iron) but not large steel nails !
I of course can detect steel hammers with TGS... but don't care too much about. I'm interested in iron canceling and even if some steel is detected I don't care too much... some of my places are enough clean from steel but have lots of iron stuff and rusty traces of it.
If you problem is just with steel ... my advice is keep detector as is... no other mods required. You cannot find any real , even bought, detector that's totally immune to steel... even if there are lot of them advertised. That's my experience.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Hi
Hi,
Max.
I made another fast test yesterday,..........but......
Not happy!
I have finished another DD 27
When check it again it shows 0.178 mA./from pin 7 LF353/
Could this be the reason?
How much should be the reading?
I think that I could not reach 0.000 right>?
I think that detector should discriminate this horse shoes afther all.
I can discriminate hammer too,but this horseshoe.....................NO
The problem is that on second field test I detect and one other medium piece of iron,and other horse shoe/half/.
Anyway thanks.
I will make coils now because cant go detecting.Bed wether.
See you soon
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by kt315 View Postmore click time to time F5 (refresh) and you will note your messages
yes I know... F5 like in Excel
... but I've pressed "update" on my browser... for 3 times and got 3 times page without my message... then after some minutes it appeared like a ghost and posted 2 times. 
I think that maybe happens when e.g. server gets too many requests at a time and then something happens to the thread relative to elaboration of content.
Anyway... I think it's server problem not mine ... I get also connection errors from time to time at submit... then posted stuff appears... maybe some storage along routers makes this thing happens with this forum... you have to consider I'm posting from Mars !
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Ops forum reposted my lost message !?Originally posted by tiktak View PostHi,
Max.
How are you?
I took this iron piece with me at home and sometimes I cant detect it at all,but sometimes I cant discriminate it at all./i think that its part of horse shoe..............which I found that are inposible to be discriminated so far.................../
When I were on field the sens were average,but at home I cant get more than 25cm!!!!
So now when I test at home cant see am I achiving any progress.
Whats the story with Ivconic?And can we help him anyway?
For this hugh coil I am agree that there will be some ground efects,but my frend is digging coins!And I havent detect any................Only trash.......
So you see why I am a little bit dissapointed I were shore that I will beat him when I finish TGS.
I now that I have to make 2-3 devices,before can talk like this but.........
But dont missunderstood my words.You can't miss to notice that TGS have excelent behaviour/profesional machine/.
I cant understand why there is no probleme with Al foil for example cigarete boxes,disc is aweys perfect.But when we talk about IRON..........................I can disc many IRON ithems,but can't see this noticable diferance in audio for iron.There should be break in sound,but I can't see such in my device.
See you soon
p.s.this were my first field test with the device,but I were not able to try everithing that I wanned to.
Sometimes I cannot see my message posted here... but then after few minutes they reappears ??? Strange things today !
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: