Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Eugene52 View Post
    Thank-You ECLIPSE !!!! You answered a Question today , that is always asked here on a regular basis . Is there a Final Schematic ??? OR is there a Final PCB LAYOUT Photo ???? So EVERYONE ......REMEMBER : The schematics posted on Geotech are 95 to 99 per cent correct ! The PCB circuit Boards are 95 to 99 per cent correct ! Several projects by " OUTSTANDING GEOTECH MEMBERS" have been completed , but when they are done they post results in writing and sometimes do not have time to finalize any drawings or schematics , because they are outside finding Gold!!!! Everything you need is Here on Geotech or in the Geotech Archives . All projects except for 2 ....Have been completeted !!! And If anyone sees IVCONIC , also Wish him a Happy New Year 2009 !!!!!!!...............Eugene52
    You said it perfectly!

    My current project is to start with Eclipse's PCB (minus a couple of unneeded resistors) and transfer to ExpressPCB format (free program). However, my component sizes may be different and the traces will be drawn a little differently, and the board size will be much bigger to begin with (4 x 6). But it is a starting point, and I'll post it eventually if anyone wants to improve it, etc.

    I have also created a schematic in ExpressSCH format that is drawn as close as possible to Ivconic and Gift Pack schematics, but removing components so it matches Eclipse's PCB (minus the unneeded resistors). So hopefully it will be a matching PCB and Schematic. Of course, I may make some errors so I'll be building and testing first.

    Cheers!

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    Actually if you open the board (lay file) in this package you will see the same board design as mine - I don't think there is matching schematic for that board. So there is no actually schematic matching 1:1 for this board, but you can use the monostable schematic, the only thing that the board doesn't match is the new audio stage there. Everything else should be exact the same, or there is error on the board.
    Thank-You ECLIPSE !!!! You answered a Question today , that is always asked here on a regular basis . Is there a Final Schematic ??? OR is there a Final PCB LAYOUT Photo ???? So EVERYONE ......REMEMBER : The schematics posted on Geotech are 95 to 99 per cent correct ! The PCB circuit Boards are 95 to 99 per cent correct ! Several projects by " OUTSTANDING GEOTECH MEMBERS" have been completed , but when they are done they post results in writing and sometimes do not have time to finalize any drawings or schematics , because they are outside finding Gold!!!! Everything you need is Here on Geotech or in the Geotech Archives . All projects except for 2 ....Have been completeted !!! And If anyone sees IVCONIC , also Wish him a Happy New Year 2009 !!!!!!!...............Eugene52




    DO NOT FORGET TO VISIT THE NEW IMPROOVED Thunting.com , Especially when things are Slow over here on Geotech !!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Actually if you open the board (lay file) in this package you will see the same board design as mine - I don't think there is matching schematic for that board. So there is no actually schematic matching 1:1 for this board, but you can use the monostable schematic, the only thing that the board doesn't match is the new audio stage there. Everything else should be exact the same, or there is error on the board.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    Simonbaker this is the schematic from "gift-pack" - 1265
    and should be almost identical to Ivconic's design, except the layout differences. No monostable or any other mods.
    Offcourse credits are for Ivconics design, I only redesigned the board for different box size and components.
    I opened Gift Pack zip file and the only schematic I find has monostable.

    Can you check, maybe there is another zip file somewhere?

    Thanks,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

    Hello All , IVCONIC is the Great Technician who re-built and improoved the Golden Sabre and re-shaped the PCB Board to fit in a inexpensive housing , re-named "Golden Sabre LIGHT-1265 . All I did was make a zip Folder and called it a "Gift Pack" to send to "always Happy" Guru kt315 and a few other Happy Members Here . I have not seen Ivconic in Weeks but I wish him a Happy New Year !!! Last I heard he was working on another Great project , fixing / improving Tesoro Eldorado . Happy New Year to Everyone on Geotech . I have a strong feeling that "2009" will be a year of progress on both the "Geotech Forum" and the great new/improoved "THunting.com".............Take Care Everyone...............Eugene52

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Simonbaker this is the schematic from "gift-pack" - 1265
    and should be almost identical to Ivconic's design, except the layout differences. No monostable or any other mods.
    Offcourse credits are for Ivconics design, I only redesigned the board for different box size and components.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Eclipse Schematic

    Hi Eclipse:

    Do you have schematic for your latest PCB?

    I only have schematic for "TGSL Gift Pack" with monostable and no battery check, and another of TGSL with battery check and no monostable.

    I think your PCB is no monostable, no battery check. Is there a schematic for that?

    Thanks!

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Happy new year!

    Hi,
    I wish to all folks here many good projets and finds in comings 2009.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    simonbaker
    which are the other resistors which need to be removed (need-a-pic)
    if you guys spot something wrong with the board let me know

    cheers
    I'm pretty sure the resistors circled in blue are the ones -- left over from the battery check. They don't cause any problem though.

    I've been labeling all the parts on your PCB for my own understanding (not on attached picture). So far I haven't seen any errors, but I'm not completely deriving a schematic from it, which would be best check.

    I am trying to re-draw the PCB using ExpressPCB and then adjust some parts dimensions for my oddball components. Also spreading it out a little to make it easier to experiment with and test. Taking a long time -- if I ever get it built I'll let you know if any problems!

    I definitely appreciate layout work done by others. Very hard to do from schematic I'm sure.

    Cheers,

    -SB
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by driscoll View Post
    Hi simonbaker,

    Go to the first post of this thread and you win !
    I think there is no ".lay" file though, right?
    Does anyone have one?

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    simonbaker
    which are the other resistors which need to be removed (need-a-pic)
    if you guys spot something wrong with the board let me know

    cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • driscoll
    replied
    Hi simonbaker,

    Go to the first post of this thread and you win !

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Kurtie PCB file

    Is there a Sprint ".lay" file for the Kurtie PCB of the full TGS with notch, somewhere in this thread?

    If not, can someone post one?

    Thanks,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    I don't ask much do I... -- sure appreciate the hard work and expense other people do.

    Cheers back!

    -SB

    Hi Eclipse - I appreciate your PCB. It is very helpful, I'm trying to make slight adjustments for my components, some are different size.

    By the way, I think there are still a couple of 100k resistors left over from the battery check that you could remove (you did remove the 220k resistors) if you want.

    Cheers!

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Hi Max,

    All OK, i was wondering about those circled ones as Ivconic had those too and i could not see why there was 2 jumpers "in serie"
    Glad that the forum is back,seaons greeting to you too and all readers.
    regards,
    Fred.


    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    only reason for many of that jumpers is that you can easy customize e.g. your audio output, choosing standard audio or transistor mod or monostable or a combination of them.

    Broken tracks are useful if you plan of insert e.g. a switch to control the output behaviour (like I usually do). You don't need to cut anything... just remove the jumper and place a wire etc

    Off course, if you already know what you need (cause already tested that mods) you can skip jumpers and put solid tracks instead. Even remove parts that you don't need and use existing pcb or make a custom one. But all that you do when you already know what you want!

    I had thoughts on that board version cause I wanna all there... I think it's the most versatile way to test... when you need to try... I mean, having all designed on the board... then you just need adding components to try a mod... and modify a jumper: that's somehow like happens in development boards.

    I made it mostly to test Ivconic's PCB design...(that's btw fairly good about noise!) but also to perform new checks on existing, known mods: then I put it here for all people who wanna try them too.

    Season's greetings!

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X