Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    TGSL 1265

    Dear Friends,

    I built TGSL 1265 but it is not work. 22 ohm burned. no sound. no response . no voltage and frequency at TX/RX coils. I used 8 ohm speaker instead. What is it problem?
    of 16 ohm speaker.
    my coil measurements:
    TX: 6mH
    RX: 6.5mH OO coils

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Also,
    Can we put some quartz 14,6 kHz there insteed of those caps?
    Where are everybody!
    NEVER been so silent here..........................................?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    TESORO 18'' X 3.6 '' -5 PIN - COIL - METAL DETECTOR

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Anyone tryed this with TGS?
    It will be interesting?

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    To all!)))
    Here at last for short.
    So,
    Molzar thanks again for the pic.s.Sory I dont wanna rush you,but I still cant see some vital spots for me.And also when you have time please take a pic. of this coil buxe wirings inside control box.
    TGS here/Kurtie100/ and TGSL have 2 cables for TX that goes into PCB.And on this pictures we see 3 cables soldered for TX????
    The wiring is vital.I can see total change in behaviour when change wirings!

    Max,
    we are all glad that you are here.

    Ivconic,
    I have watched your counryman video detektor metala mostar.
    But cant see is this DD27?Some measurments are needed!Like many other good tests in youTube..!!!You now.Yours are.
    And in the original TGS video.............Hum,Ivconic this is not depth test.Just intro for device!!!Molzar,says 22cm for 25cUS LOUD!
    Now finaly I get my working TGS and will compare,but on my not yet tuned TGS I detect 25cUS from 25cm but craked!Same with all ithems and coins.Loud to 22cm!And then noticable decreace.
    Can you post good video for TGSL 1265 and measurments when you have time.I now that you are on EPE now.

    SEE you

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ApBerg View Post
    Hello Simon.

    Do not know what country your from, but Ebay Germany has it now for sale.
    From Scotch it is expensive. The Ebay price is cheap..

    Regards.

    Ap
    Thanks for ref!

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Screening tape

    Hello Simon.

    Do not know what country your from, but Ebay Germany has it now for sale.
    From Scotch it is expensive. The Ebay price is cheap..

    Regards.

    Ap
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ApBerg View Post
    A photo from the the screening tape.

    Regards.

    Ap
    Looks like good stuff, I was looking for something like that, thanks. Thanks also for relating your coil experience.

    Cheers,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    A photo from the the screening tape.

    Regards.

    Ap
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Coils

    Hello Simon …and all other friends.

    Coils can keep you busy…. some notes (not really new..)

    The transmission power you put in the transmit coil, to weak is a problem , you have no detection depth…. to much makes nulling the coil a problem and it eats battery’s ( some boosts are made in the transmitter can give some more transmit power,.. some more depth but you also get more chatter)
    The working frequency to high gives more ground effect , is more sensetivetie to tin gold an small stuff, more problems in discrimination ?A low frequency needs more power and is less sensetiv to small gold bud also less problems to ground effect.
    The coil type the DD type is better in ‘hard to detect’ ground open centre is better in discrimination.
    The match for the transmitter/ receiver. I still think that the transmit freq. has to match the receiver freq. for the best sensitivity. This means that after you got a working transmitter circuit you have to match the receiver for the same freq. cq adjust is with caps for the best sensitivity.


    The shielding from the coils in the past I used for DD types graphite spray and alu foil I think that alu foil is better ( less chatter) but that spray gives a little more sens.

    After reading the BBSailor PI coil making instruction (very good !) I have used the scotch 24 for screening the DD coils. It is not really tape but a sort screening mesh that you also see on coax cable. I cut the sleeve open and stick it on double side tape, then it is very easy to turn it on the D coil. ( needs ca 1 meter for a coil 20cm, you cut the ca 6 cm wide mesh/tape in three parts from 2 cm ). ( I can make some photos to explain…)
    This scotch tape, together with the double side sticking tape is the best I have used till now.
    For open centre coils I have the suspicion that the distance between the coils is imported
    (Just like sound speakers you can have a place in a room were the faze from the sound nulls the result )
    I made open centre coils always starting with the large transmitter coil, that is : diameter and number wire turns must give the expected frequency ca 14 kHz .Greater than 23cm coils I used .30mm wire (for ca 14 kHz ca 100 turns), smaller than 23 cm I used 0.25mm wire. For the first receive coil( also 23 cm) add 16-18 turns same wire same turning direction. For the small inner coil( ca 14 cm) you have to wind ca. 160 turns in opposite directions to null the voltage that the 16-18 turns from 23 cm see. Than you look at the receive result after the first opamp, adjust this signal with caps for a good distortion free sinus.
    (for best results on the detector that you use for that coil)
    The open centre coil ( somewhere are some photo’s on the Geotech coil part ) I have made this way, it was …not less sensitive than bought coils
    It is hard to give exact numbers as the strengt from winding the coils an a little difference in cm’s have direct effect. As screening I use graphite spray for open centre coils.
    .

    For DD coils read all Ivica’s mails !

    I know not all is new and gives not much answers ……. if somebody knows better way’s let us know….
    Best regards.
    Ap

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Max: "...I guess some Troy stuff is much better..."

    Huh, you got that right! I was amazed with X3 and it's coil! State of the art!
    They really pay a lot of attention making those, hard to beat for sure!

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    [quote=Max;82152]
    Originally posted by nakky View Post

    Exactly what I think. No great MD exist without a great coil.
    I would like to do experiment (and will if have money for wire and time). Maybe some already done it.

    Make many copies of exact same size coil but with thicker and thicker wire (don't care how heavy for experiment). How does wire gauge affect depth. Theory would suggest that the lower resistance of coil, higher Q, more current, greater magnetic field -- same as increasing voltage but doesn't use more power. Does it go deeper in air? In soil?

    Also, instead of using thicker wire, start with thin wire. Then use double strand. Then triple, quadruple, etc. (like homemade Litz wire). How does it affect depth. Compare to increasing voltage with single wire.

    ---------
    Tesoro coils mostly concentric for TGS, etc. Double-D most popular here on Geotech. Is improvement mainly because of Double-D?

    Tesoro maybe makes decision to keep most customers happy -- good pinpointing and good detection of smaller objects with concentric, easier to use for first-time MD users. Double-D good for larger objects, harder to pinpoint. Can anyone here make a concentric same size as Tesoro and still get deeper?

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • nakky
    replied
    Hi max welcome back,I agree with you about coils.Grt Nakky.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    [quote=nakky;82137]
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Just curious - is Kurtie pcb a scan or made by hand? It is different from Molzar PCB? If scan, is it newer model?

    Is made by hand.The only diff is,to make a very good coil.Grt Nakky.
    Exactly what I think. No great MD exist without a great coil.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    damn troubles

    Hi all,
    thanks for your kindness. My troubles aren't totally solved at now, but I have some more freedom to write here more than in last weeks I've made... rarely.

    Hope to solve at best, sooner or later. Will be not easy but some things require time also. Cause are really personal issues I will not discuss (too off-topic also) about, but thanks for your kind messages, I appreciate.
    Just I have to recover some time and nervs to step back at last developments I had to stop several weeks ago.

    For now, I have to say that more good work is being made here on geotech by all folks, I appreciate new pictures from Molzar too.

    Really, I have to say that more and more I agree with you folks, expecially Ivconic: the homemades are sure better cause of very accurate tuning than factory made, expecially at coils things.

    The factory coils are not so good but just average: I've tested some and all failed to beat similar (by type/dimensions) homemade coils made by me.

    So... something at original coils is far from perfection, that's both for Laser and Tesoro, but I guess some Troy stuff is much better. It's the tuning procedure... factory have no time to tune at optimum each coil.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X