Originally posted by Eugene52
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Collapse
X
-
Thank for answer,but look at this PCB, it´s labelled "goldy rv3.2", i don´t know which one is the most recent.
-
Good eye Eclipse! The one to ground... what is that doing there?Originally posted by eclipse View PostLooking at the schematic of TGSL (in the famous all around gift pack..)
there is one diode D5, and another one called again D5...
The one D5 I cannot see in the original schematic (PDF) or in the PCB by ivconic 1265 type. What's that all about? Is it a mistake or for testing purposes?
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
Looking at the schematic of TGSL (in the famous all around gift pack..)
there is one diode D5, and another one called again D5...
The one D5 I cannot see in the original schematic (PDF) or in the PCB by ivconic 1265 type. What's that all about? Is it a mistake or for testing purposes?
Leave a comment:
-
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Fred . The Goldy .Lay file should open on sprint 4.0 . If not , let me know !!Originally posted by Fred View PostHi Eugene.,
Is that PCB V3.2 ?
Thanks
Fred.
Max , may the problem you have , get settled quickly !! I look forward to seeing you everyday working on the Relic Hawk with Fred this Winter !!!!!..............Regards.......Eugene
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Max,Originally posted by Max View PostHi,
not a bad idea...
Unfortunately I've bad days at now... I will not go into details.
Just I've no time to change my avatar or read these forums.
I think avatar will stay the same for a while.
Hope to read all you soon.
Kind regards,
Max
Sorry to hear that,
all the best,
Regards,
Fred.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by ivconic View PostMax how about using this as avatar?
Do you like my guns and trumpet!?



not a bad idea...
Unfortunately I've bad days at now... I will not go into details.
Just I've no time to change my avatar or read these forums.
I think avatar will stay the same for a while.
Hope to read all you soon.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Eugene.,Originally posted by Eugene52 View PostDid anyone every make this "GOLDY" PCB from Apberg ??? I wonder if "some" Ground Plane placement parameters or component placements can be used for Tesoro Golden Sabre Light PCB . I have not compared the two yet to see similarities , if any ................Thanks..............Eugene
Is that PCB V3.2 ?
Thanks
Fred.
Leave a comment:
-
I saw videos of testing several detectors, done by John Lynn (Norfolk Wolf).
Cscope1220R,Cscope3MX,Fisher F75,Garret Ace 250,Garrett GTI1500 and 2500, Minelab Explorer SE, Sovereign, XP....and many more.
Most significant part of test was testing recovery and recovery speed in situation where one iron item is close to coin.
Majority failed the test badly!
Xp showed best recovery.
Yet i have a remark on method John used there. He put batten over the grass and placed iron and coin on top of it. Further he swing the coils to close to items and than pulled some conclusions. In real prospecting that situation will never occur so test is not authoritative 100%. Coin could be near some rusty iron or simillar - of course, but there is no air arround, also items do laying in soil for years....further; coil is not that close to items in real conditions - there is certain ammount of soil, grass and whatever other material between items and coil surface....
Why am i saying this? I agree that Explorer SE is very bad at recovery tests and also in real prospecting it showed same and even worse results, it is easy to skip coin with it.
I don want to name all the models here and talk about each other (some of those i havent tested yet) but i will focus on Minelab Sovereign. In real prospecting conditions Sovereign performs much better than we can see on John's test. Although not very bad recovery on test, Sovereign actually do have much better and faster recovery in real conditions. I am using Sovereign from time to time so i have to say, i was pretty amazed so many times when dug small coin right next to some larger rusty iron item, with a good and clean signal in speaker. So.. John test is not proper and fails at least when Sovereign is subject. Also i tested Xp and for real it is splendid machine overall, especially do have fast and accurate recovery.
But...what this got to do with subject here - TGSL???
I will tell you what.
After seeing John's tests i performed same test outdoor in my backyard and was thrilled and very satisfied when saw extra fast and splendid recovery at my hanndmade TGSL!!! Wow! It can freely compete XP for sure.
It is even faster! I used large rusty nail (10cm long) and 1e coin, spaced from 2cm to 15 cm away form each other.
At 2cm distance recovery was immediate but audio was pretty short and sharp on coin. As i constrained nail cm by cm away from coin, audio became more and more "softer" and wider. Over 8cm audio was normal as without nail in coin vicinity. Not need to tell that nail was totally rejected by discrimination and produced no sound at all even when coil was 1cm over it.
Ok...this test glorify TGSL even more.
But i do have real doubts in accuracy and reliabillity of this test.
As i said Sovereign perfomed much better than on John's video.
I imagine perfect test of recovery only if we burry several same coins and nails at various distances from each other and let them stay there for months to let nature to do the job first, than we can perform some tests.
Depth should be at 2/3 of maximal detection capabilities of md. For example if md can cleary detect that coin at 18cm burried in soil than for testing purposes we should burry our coins at 12cm depth. And nails too.
I am planning to prepare such testing range in my backyard.
Also another idea; we should dig a hole...let's say 15cm deep and place coin at bottom, than cover it with a piece of some roman clay or simillar (hot rock or black sand) than all cover with soil and let 3-4 days to stay that way. Than we should perform tests over it. You will be amazed or totally disgruntled - depends of md you are testing than. I will point here on one very important thing; you do not need to force only detection of that coin - more important you have to test and see DISC capabillity in that case!!! Ha,ha,ha!!! 90% of todays models will detect that coin and show it as iron!!! Ha,ha,ha!!!
I saw that already. A friend (the one with guns and trumpet) just prepared same testing conditions and we tested CZ7 and Eagle Spectrum. CZ7 reported it as 100% iron while Spectrum was pretty confused; showed 3 bars at both ends on VDI scale and audio was mummbling and cracky...
I havent tested TGSL this way yet, i will do that asap.
Sovereign also...
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by ivconic View PostI will use your .lay file to make it.
Anything you can suggest more refering pcb?
I am in the middle of process of making it...
I remember we talked about changing variable resistors for multiturns, and Max got problems with some electrolytics because of size but i didn´t .Nothing special...
Maybe we should continue this on RH thread.
Max made much more experiments than i did, so he has probably more info.
Regards,
Fred.
Leave a comment:
-
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
All it takes is one stupid trace on the pcb circuit board in the wrong place to cause an ingress or egress of signal to create noise oscillation . You can make / divide the tesoro Golden Sabre Light pcb board in 2 equal parts , it then will be 180 out of phase , sometimes that reduces noise . And then put a foil paper divider between the two boards . Nobody is at fault here anyway , the sprint layout software can not prevent noise on a final circuit board design. The Golden Sabre work done here by everyone , is always "Better than the Best"Originally posted by ivconic View PostYes it was last year. I made 12 devices using "Goldy" pcb. All works until today very good.
I rearranged new pcb than to suit enclosure i got than - CZ5 enclosure. Than i got 1265/66 enclosure and draw another pcb, than i got Gold Bug 2 enclosure and draw new one....than i got MD3009 and 3009a and draw another pcb...huuuh!
All this vould be voided if i had same type of enclosure from a very start.
But i didnt, so ...
But initially, "Goldy" was the very FIRST one we (Nakky,ApBerg and me) did using TGSL schematic - TGS without notch part.
No chatters and hums (at least not significant) on Goldy IF coil is made and nulled well. So i can only recommend it also as others, to be used.
Regards!

........................................Eugene52/stalni-clan
Leave a comment:
-
Yes it was last year. I made 12 devices using "Goldy" pcb. All works until today very good.
I rearranged new pcb than to suit enclosure i got than - CZ5 enclosure. Than i got 1265/66 enclosure and draw another pcb, than i got Gold Bug 2 enclosure and draw new one....than i got MD3009 and 3009a and draw another pcb...huuuh!
All this vould be voided if i had same type of enclosure from a very start.
But i didnt, so ...
But initially, "Goldy" was the very FIRST one we (Nakky,ApBerg and me) did using TGSL schematic - TGS without notch part.
No chatters and hums (at least not significant) on Goldy IF coil is made and nulled well. So i can only recommend it also as others, to be used.
Regards!
Leave a comment:
-
I ask Apberg,can you make for me schematic Golden Sabre without nonsense,minimum schematic,he did and I made Goldy Pcb.Apberg checked Pcb and made it work,than he send it to Ivconic and he did the wonderfull job to work it out as TGSL with I nice schematic and a lot of experiments.THANKS TO APBERG AND IVCONIC.Grt Nakky.
Leave a comment:
-
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Thanks Nakky , I wonder if the Goldy has noise problems or chatter , and if Forum member Apberg finished building his Goldy ??? I can't rememember correctly , but I thought the TGSL light had the notch depth circuit removed and only one discrimination adjustment in the schematic ??? Maybe Ivconic will briefly discuss the difference between Golden Sabre Full version and TGSL Light version , if he has spare time
...........Thanks everyone.........Eugene
Leave a comment:
-
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Did anyone every make this "GOLDY" PCB from Apberg ??? I wonder if "some" Ground Plane placement parameters or component placements can be used for Tesoro Golden Sabre Light PCB . I have not compared the two yet to see similarities , if any ................Thanks..............EugeneAttached Files
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: