Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ruben2000
    replied
    I don't know why the photos are coming out inverted.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ruben2000
    replied
    hello banner!
    I also opened my non-discriminating TGSL and took the measurement at the -5V point and got -6.5V.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220316_144932_mfnr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	507.8 KB
ID:	362678

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    i am now curious to measure the negatve voltage rail on my home brew tgsl. just for comparison.
    I just measured the negative voltage supply(rail) on my tgsl. It sits at -6.14V. This is more in line with what the schematic of the voltage inverter should derive.

    That is with the whole circuit connected and operational.

    The -5V on the schematic is wishy washy

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    i am now curious to measure the negatve voltage rail on my home brew tgsl. just for comparison.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ruben2000
    replied
    hello banner!!
    I changed both the capacitors and the diodes for new ones from the store and there were no big changes; I took the measurement and got -7.31v.
    I will continue with the next steps. I'll go to block number 4 which is the RX stage and see what happens.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220316_094349.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	600.7 KB
ID:	362675

    Leave a comment:


  • Ruben2000
    replied
    Thank you for your appreciation banner, I will change for other elements and see what happens.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Maybe it is bad 220uF cap to ground. On the negative rail you should not see any ac waveform.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruben2000 View Post
    The diodes that I placed have the denomination ST4148.

    could it be Zener diode?

    No, I dont think so. It is ordinary diode same as 1N4148?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ruben2000
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    Hmm, I you salvage diodes from those boards you got, then watch out for schottky type.

    Those have low junction forward voltage drop as is well known. Maybe account for the -7.4V you measured.
    The diodes that I placed have the denomination ST4148.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ruben2000
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    What circuit you made your inductance meter?
    I got it out of here.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Hmm, I you salvage diodes from those boards you got, then watch out for schottky type.

    Those have low junction forward voltage drop as is well known. Maybe account for the -7.4V you measured.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    What circuit you made your inductance meter?

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    I am not so good at these things. But the document says negative 5volts, which I can't see how. Perhaps when connected to the rest it is closer to 6 volts.

    I just say the negative rail and leave it at that.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Although -7.4V maybe should be closer to negative 6.8V.

    Silicon diode have voltage drop of 0.5 to 0.6 volts across junction. So I should expect to see -6.8 or thereabouts.???

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X