Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Thanks!
    Sure thing Amtech 2005!
    Nakky it is in the air, so far didnt tested it on the ground. I already have been seen few "boosted" detectors with fantastic results in the air.But those were very unstabile. On slice touch on coil those produces a lot of false signals. Not to mention touching cable or lowering coil to ground!!!
    But this one is different. It is very encouraging, even now, this TGSL 1265 is absolute immune on any torture with cable and coil.No falses at all.
    46cm in air on 1 euro coin means some 30-35 in the ground...medium soil, hopefully. But i will wait with claims until testing it properly. I also have excellent reference at home to compare with - Eagle Spectrum. So far TGSL 1265 performs much better on coins than Spectrum...! On large items ... let's say 20x20cm Spectrum is more than superior.
    I know what is all about; TGSL's oscillator is very weak, producing limited em field. Other hand Spectrum's oscillator is stronger, producing stronger em field and covering larger area....
    So it is good deal, TGSL to be used as hell of a coinshooter only, with smallest possible coil. I do intend to experiment with coils under 20cm in diammeter. And Spectrum will serve as powerfull prospecting machine mostly.
    I always wanted powerfull coinshooter....now i have it. Job is done...
    Hi,
    very good Ivconic... I like it.

    Now I'm tempted to make another TGS...

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Very bad camera!...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Ask here for enclosures;

    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Like i said before; pay attention on R27 (1K)! I missed it on pcb.Not a problem to add it over...like i did. Had troubles without it.When first time switched ON, detector started to act ubnormal. So after 2 hours of nerving i discovered that stupid mistake...

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Schematic is even more reduced. No battery check anymore.
    Here is the schematic used to draw this last pcb.
    I am using 12V/1.3Ah accu. with all my detectors, so no need for battery check at all.
    TGSL 1265 draws 25mA-35mA when no detection(no sound) and approx.55mA with full discrimination(loud sound)....

    Quiaozhi, i got enclosures from a friend who oftenly go to Bulgaria. Shop is in Sofia (capital). I think somewhere on this forum, somebody already gave link to manufacturer. Maybe some of our bulgarian friends can help here?
    Tiktak c'mon, give us link to manufacturer of coils and enclosures.
    If i found this link, will post it here for sure.
    Regards!


    I will take photo closer to pcb. Problem with my photos are due low quality camera...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Ok, I find metal case LM308H, not cheap, but you must find it is better.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Thanks!
    Sure thing Amtech 2005!
    Nakky it is in the air, so far didnt tested it on the ground. I already have been seen few "boosted" detectors with fantastic results in the air.But those were very unstabile. On slice touch on coil those produces a lot of false signals. Not to mention touching cable or lowering coil to ground!!!
    But this one is different. It is very encouraging, even now, this TGSL 1265 is absolute immune on any torture with cable and coil.No falses at all.
    46cm in air on 1 euro coin means some 30-35 in the ground...medium soil, hopefully. But i will wait with claims until testing it properly. I also have excellent reference at home to compare with - Eagle Spectrum. So far TGSL 1265 performs much better on coins than Spectrum...! On large items ... let's say 20x20cm Spectrum is more than superior.
    I know what is all about; TGSL's oscillator is very weak, producing limited em field. Other hand Spectrum's oscillator is stronger, producing stronger em field and covering larger area....
    So it is good deal, TGSL to be used as hell of a coinshooter only, with smallest possible coil. I do intend to experiment with coils under 20cm in diammeter. And Spectrum will serve as powerfull prospecting machine mostly.
    I always wanted powerfull coinshooter....now i have it. Job is done...
    Beautiful work, thank you.

    Hopefully weak oscillator means longer battery life .

    It would be nice to see more clear pictures of your finished board, especially to see metal cases. Are metal cases easy to find?

    I'm not clear - is the 1K missing resistor added to the PCB or still missing? How do you suggest to add it?

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    I designed new pcb for TGSL. It fits exactly to plastic enlcosure for Fisher 1265. Why i did this? Somebody from Bulgaria is making huge series of those enclosures from ABS plastic. It is cheap there....i think 5e per piece. So....
    Enclosure problem is solved for good!
    Hi Ivconic,

    Very nice work, and I like the plastic enclosure. Do you know if the Bulgarian guys are going to sell these? Where can I buy some?

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by DIRCEU View Post
    Hi! FRED

    How to make for open LAY files
    I have Sprint Layout 5.0 but ...don't know.

    Thanks

    DIRCEU
    Hi dirceu,

    Normally once you have isntalled the software you just need to double click on the .lay file.If that doesn´t work, open Sprint Layout then go to "open" and choose your file location.
    You will find that Ivconic´s layout is really nice, and this "light" version of the the TGS is probably one of the best projects around here.
    Together with the XR71/DP that we have both built i believe

    Regards,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • DIRCEU
    replied
    Hi! FRED

    How to make for open LAY files
    I have Sprint Layout 5.0 but ...don't know.

    Thanks

    DIRCEU

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

    Excellent .LAY FILES on the Light version.!!! MAX or IVCONIC , I was wondering is the Golden sabre "light" on page 68-post #1677 kind of the "Final" schematic??? And page 69 post #1721 kind of the final schematic of Golden Sabre "Full Version" ??? AND no more questions !!! Have a Great Day !!!......I posted .gif files of .lay so everyone can see instantly !!!.........Eugene
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Thanks!
    Sure thing Amtech 2005!
    Nakky it is in the air, so far didnt tested it on the ground. I already have been seen few "boosted" detectors with fantastic results in the air.But those were very unstabile. On slice touch on coil those produces a lot of false signals. Not to mention touching cable or lowering coil to ground!!!
    But this one is different. It is very encouraging, even now, this TGSL 1265 is absolute immune on any torture with cable and coil.No falses at all.
    46cm in air on 1 euro coin means some 30-35 in the ground...medium soil, hopefully. But i will wait with claims until testing it properly. I also have excellent reference at home to compare with - Eagle Spectrum. So far TGSL 1265 performs much better on coins than Spectrum...! On large items ... let's say 20x20cm Spectrum is more than superior.
    I know what is all about; TGSL's oscillator is very weak, producing limited em field. Other hand Spectrum's oscillator is stronger, producing stronger em field and covering larger area....
    So it is good deal, TGSL to be used as hell of a coinshooter only, with smallest possible coil. I do intend to experiment with coils under 20cm in diammeter. And Spectrum will serve as powerfull prospecting machine mostly.
    I always wanted powerfull coinshooter....now i have it. Job is done...

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

    Beautiful Work Ivconic !!! When you get some spare time please let us know how it tests outside in the "Dirt". And also how does this "Golden Lite Version" compare to "Golden-Sabre Full version" in Depth ?? ..........Thank-You........Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • nakky
    replied
    Hi Ivconic,very nice,I can't believe it that depht but I trust you so I have to believe it.Grt Nakky.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Hi Ivconic,

    Very neat an clear PCB ! all components are well clear from each other.

    Good luck,
    regards,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X