Hello Forum,
I found a old catalog from Tesoro and a export distributor list of prices...see :
Toltec 100 list: 589.00 distrib. 294.00 Printed circuit board new 130.00
Lobo 499.00 distri 249,50 board:120.00 repair+freight 40.00
Golden sabre 429.00 dist:214.5 board;75.00 repair 30.00
Diablo 349.00 dist:174.5 board:75.00 repair 30,00
Silver sabre 299.00 dist:149.50 board :65.00 repair 25.00
CutlassII : 199.00 distr:99,50 board:58.00 repair 25.00
Bandido :359.00 dist 179,50 board :100.00 repair 30.00
All printed circuit boards are wired with pots , switches and speaker (but no meter on toltec)
I must found the envelope in all my papers !!! to see the date of this ...
For me , in the "old Time, 15 o more years, Tesoro are very cool to sell the board wired of the GS for 75 Dlls...very cool... Now did not Know????
Saludos from Mexico.
Alexis
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
Collapse
X
-
Datas posted here many times, on this forum.
By "better" i mean much better Q of coil and better nulling. Considering it was handmade i do have doubts that all of you made it quite properly.Dont guess me wrong, i do not want to have doubts in your skills, only rely this on my own experiences. Making same coils one by one i realized that it can turn to neverending story - each new is much better that previous one. Same datas yet my skills improved and newer coils are much better with much better performances.
So..you just obey same datas posted here and involve more effort to make new - better coil.
Regards!
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by ivconic View PostLast comparator goes in selfoscillations. It is very usual at TGS and pretty often. Hystrezis applied there is not enough to solve this.
Somehow speaker with its impendance has great influence on this? I can not explain this, but it is true. If your speaker is 8 ohms, than you should add 10-12 omhs resistor in serie with speaker and it will solve your problem.
Also, considering some other op-amp on LM308 place could be solution. I gained better stabillity with TL081a instead LM308, yet i lost some depths with those.
But finally i solved problem completelly with another, much better coil.
My last TGSL (in CZ5 enclosure) is rock stabille without ocassional falses at all. Even on highest sense it remains calm and silent.
Once i gained same with TL082 on LF353 place!?
I made 20 devices so far. Each one of those is story of its own!
On some i solved problem with better coil, on some other with different op-amps....!? How to establish rule? I am first to know that! I would like to know and void same problems in future, yet i dont know.
So usually i do extra "jobs" arround each new device and sooner or later problem is solved and device works "by the book".
So...you need extra nervs and try all mentioned above. Something will do the job for you. Try everything.
Regards!
Hi IVCONIC
I have the same problem.You said which solved completelly with another, much better coil.
I would like to know what coil is it, if possible.
Many thanks
DIRCEU
Leave a comment:
-
Last comparator goes in selfoscillations. It is very usual at TGS and pretty often. Hystrezis applied there is not enough to solve this.
Somehow speaker with its impendance has great influence on this? I can not explain this, but it is true. If your speaker is 8 ohms, than you should add 10-12 omhs resistor in serie with speaker and it will solve your problem.
Also, considering some other op-amp on LM308 place could be solution. I gained better stabillity with TL081a instead LM308, yet i lost some depths with those.
But finally i solved problem completelly with another, much better coil.
My last TGSL (in CZ5 enclosure) is rock stabille without ocassional falses at all. Even on highest sense it remains calm and silent.
Once i gained same with TL082 on LF353 place!?
I made 20 devices so far. Each one of those is story of its own!
On some i solved problem with better coil, on some other with different op-amps....!? How to establish rule? I am first to know that! I would like to know and void same problems in future, yet i dont know.
So usually i do extra "jobs" arround each new device and sooner or later problem is solved and device works "by the book".
So...you need extra nervs and try all mentioned above. Something will do the job for you. Try everything.
Regards!
Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedHi, I lately finised tresoro Golden sabre. It works well in DISC mode but dont work in ALL Mode. In All mode if I near it to a metallic object it will beep continuosly after it, not dependable is metal present or not. It will stop ounly if I switch for a moment to Disc mode, turn a little bit GEB pot, or turn a main switch off. Then it is silent to a next object. The otsillograms in test points looks ok. Can the problem be in coil or in PCB. It also dont depend of sensitivity pot. It can be on 2 and also will start beeping. In DISC mode on if sens on 9 no false alarms, but on 10
starts silent random beeping. I dont have inductivity meter, but after connecting tx MD start working on 15,6 kHZ, I add 4,7n capasitor parallel to 22n and now it reads 14,1 kHZ, I also maximised signal on RX and also aded 4,7n capasitor parallel to 15n. Then I tried Without this last aded capasitor but its the same it will continuosly beep in all metal mode.
Leave a comment:
-
Hello
You have to visit İvconic Web forum for all info
forum koji se bavi metal detektorima i korišćenjem istih… metal detektor fisher, minelab, whites, tesoro, xp, garrett, laser, nexus, cscope, teknetics, bounty hunter, cobra, nocta, okm, lorenz, p
Register firstly which is very easy.
Regards
Erol
Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedwould be nice
For Ivconic...
Can you PLEASE post a detail layout of components of TGS- light...with labels of each component. And if it is no problem, the specific number of windings, and former, for THE ULTIMATE COIL!!!
I am a believer of TGSL!
I tried KT315's...Volkstrum SM modification and got depth of 8'' for a small coin. But the allignment of coilz drove me nuts!!!!!!!!! Don't like Crystal! Many hums. I am still trying to perfect the circuit...but...I would like to build a TGSL and hunt those coins!
Ivice moj mejl je lgator(majmunskoa)loveserbia.com...pa ako mozes...hvala unapred!
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Max,Originally posted by Max View PostHi,
can you disc out iron stuff totally ?
I mean, with soft iron (not steel) you must reject it unless very large objects (like big iron poles) or very near to coil (few-cm).
I , for example can reject anything in size of a 0.5kg soft iron hammer heads with both my tesoro original and my homemade coils.
This is definitive test for disc... if you can reject totally iron and still get good response with gold and expecially silver your detector is doing very good.
If you can do this... probably you don't need any original tesoro coil... but just some care with shielding, epoxing and find a suitable container for coil.
Kind regards,
Max
Yes,I can disc out a big axe,or a big can very near to coil(1cm).and in DISC mode i get more 2 cm to gold than all metal mode.
Kind regards,zzy.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by zzy View PostHi max,Qiaozhi,
Very thankful for your advise.I'll try to get a Tesoro coil to see what's difference to my home made coil.There is no Tesoro coil in my country.
Hi Max
I think my TGS seems alike yours.I can disc very thin foil too,and very sensitive to gold.
can you disc out iron stuff totally ?
I mean, with soft iron (not steel) you must reject it unless very large objects (like big iron poles) or very near to coil (few-cm).
I , for example can reject anything in size of a 0.5kg soft iron hammer heads with both my tesoro original and my homemade coils.
This is definitive test for disc... if you can reject totally iron and still get good response with gold and expecially silver your detector is doing very good.
If you can do this... probably you don't need any original tesoro coil... but just some care with shielding, epoxing and find a suitable container for coil.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks
Hi max,Qiaozhi,
Very thankful for your advise.I'll try to get a Tesoro coil to see what's difference to my home made coil.There is no Tesoro coil in my country.
Hi MaxOn my TGS aluminium detection is good, but I can disc e.g. very thin foil like cigarette paper and similar and also pulltabs turning disc knob a bit.
I think my TGS seems alike yours.I can disc very thin foil too,and very sensitive to gold.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,Originally posted by Qiaozhi View PostHi Max,
Your description is correct, but I'm not entirely sure about the diagram. I'll try to create something if I get some time.
thanks. I've used a small math program to make drawings of waves.
It's name is "advanced grapher" (something hi-shool tool I think), it's a shareware software you can find here:
Of course, if you have matlab installed or similar you don't need it.
I have matlab but don't wanna reinstall each time... so used this product to make things easy.
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Max,Originally posted by Max View PostHi,
I've checked bandidoII and TGS switching stuff...
and it's this way like in first picture.
The fact you read negative amplitude for non-ferrous is not a problem cause there are 2 inverting amplifiers along channels in the chain... so , at the end, the result is the same as Qiaozhi wrote: non-ferrous will give rise of amplitude on disc channel before comparator, non-ferrous will give fall in amplitude in disc channel before comparator. Both ferrous and non-ferrous items will rise the amplitude of geb channel before comparator.
The combined effect is that the non-ferrous are detected and ferrous are masked out by opposition of signals in the 2 channels.
GEB sample intercepts the positive edge zero-crossing of RX; disc instead intercept the positive peak of RX signal.
Qiaozhi... what do you think ? Is correct now ?
(I hope so...)
Now I think I can drink my wiskey and smoke that dang Clint-Eastwood-like cygar...
Kind regards,
Max
Your description is correct, but I'm not entirely sure about the diagram. I'll try to create something if I get some time.
Leave a comment:
-
I would advise trying to buy a Tesoro coil locally in China (if possible). If you try to buy from another country you may have problems with customs, and the cost will be very high. If you have to buy from abroad then you can find them secondhand on www.ebay.com for about $70 to $90. In the UK they are £70 to £90 (i.e. much more expensive) and with the strong Euro, it could be even worse in the rest of Europe.Originally posted by zzy View PostHi Qiaozhi,
Yes,you are correct.My home made coil can't nulled less then 20MV peak to peak.i null my coil again. now the phase-shift to the letf.But the sensitivity and discrimination is almost no change.Do you know how can i get the original Tesoro coil? How much is it? I live in china,and difficult to get things from other country.
Hi Max,
Which country are you lives?I find my TGS is less sensitive to aluminium.How does your TGS?My country some coin are made of aluminium.
Your best bet would be to find someone who is travelling to the U.S. and who can bring one back for you.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi zzy,Originally posted by zzy View PostHi Qiaozhi,
Yes,you are correct.My home made coil can't nulled less then 20MV peak to peak.i null my coil again. now the phase-shift to the letf.But the sensitivity and discrimination is almost no change.Do you know how can i get the original Tesoro coil? How much is it? I live in china,and difficult to get things from other country.
Hi Max,
Which country are you lives?I find my TGS is less sensitive to aluminium.How does your TGS?My country some coin are made of aluminium.
I'm EU citizen and live in europe, I avoid writing here about exact country cause of privacy issues mostly.
You can find something Tesoro's made on ebay, but I don't know if there are limitations for this kind of online shopping for you in your country (I think not but really don't know about, I bought many times from e.g. Hong Kong and Shangai but don't know if common people can buy stuff on ebay in China).
There are also some dealers in US that sell used Tesoro coils for something around 60-70usd like the 8'' round polo coil for uMax series, but could be limitations too I think if there are for buying from ebay I mean.
You could find similar stuff, used coils or new, also in some asian countries but I haven't any details about that: simply don't know. I guess probably Thailand is the best place to search for that stuff, then I will check also South Korea, Macao, Singapore and Malaysia for that if found nothing there.
I think in at least one of these countries there could be (unofficial) dealers of Tesoro parts.
Here is the official list of outside US dealers, as you can see is very limited, so probably there are many more unofficial out there: http://www.tesoro.com/outsideu.html
On my TGS aluminium detection is good, but I can disc e.g. very thin foil like cigarette paper and similar and also pulltabs turning disc knob a bit.
I have found many aluminium made coins with TGS but this using no disc (all-metal) or zero-disc (in disc mode with disc pot fully counter clockwise).
Kind regards,
Max
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Qiaozhi,Originally posted by Qiaozhi View PostThis is not because your RX coil leads are reversed. It is because your coil is under-nulled, rather than over-nulled. During the nulling procedure, as you move the two coils together (I assume it's a DD configuration) the residual RX voltage will be reduced. You need to pass through this minimum and null your coils on the other side of this zero-voltage point. In other words - on one side of the null, all metal targets gives a phase-shift to the right, and on the other they give a phase-shift to the left. Although you can get both configurations to work, the left phase-shift position gives the most sensitivity and better discrimination.
Yes,you are correct.My home made coil can't nulled less then 20MV peak to peak.i null my coil again. now the phase-shift to the letf.But the sensitivity and discrimination is almost no change.Do you know how can i get the original Tesoro coil? How much is it? I live in china,and difficult to get things from other country.
Hi Max,
Which country are you lives?I find my TGS is less sensitive to aluminium.How does your TGS?My country some coin are made of aluminium.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: