Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    "Bars" on the river called "splav"...? You been there!? I am affraid to go there....too many nasty girls arround! If only my wife knows...!?
    Yes but my wife was to Greece

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    TGS

    Thanks IVCONIC and MAX


    Finally my problen is solved. My battery pack give me 14.8 V instead 12V.
    When the battery discharge... between 12.4V and 7.47V , all work perfectly.
    I have a mechanical problems too.

    Sorry my english and my stupidity. I am a begginer.

    Regards,

    DIRCEU
    Brazil SA.

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    " Hey! I think you have problem with cable (as i thought).
    I dont see cleary those connections, but already using 2 separate cables need extra precaution in way how to connect those. You dont need to make another coil, just change the cable completelly! Use one cable we explained earlier here....
    regards! "

    Hey Ivconic I think coil picture is not correct. Or my picture is not correct.




    What u think.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Hey! I think you have problem with cable (as i thought).
    I dont see cleary those connections, but already using 2 separate cables need extra precaution in way how to connect those. You dont need to make another coil, just change the cable completelly! Use one cable we explained earlier here....
    regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Thanks Max and Ivconic. I try to make another coil and post result.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Yup! Max already explained all.

    I will only repeat this; PAY ATTENTION ON CABLE TO COIL WIREMENTS, CABLE QUALITY AND F.CAGE APPLICATION...CRUCIAL!
    I do not have falses at all. As many times posted i really can swing cable,hit coil, shake it, shake cable.....no false sounds at all. Calm and stabille as rock!
    Dont be lazy, just go and read this thread carefully from the first page. Read every post...
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ""I finish my TGS in this week.
    I used LM308 metalic, LF 442, LM 353, 2N2222, 2N2907, BF245C, nulling coils is OK(with scope), discrimination, notch filter, audio, ALL OK. Coil is 28 cm DD.


    1 Euro detection at 36 cm in air
    Small gold ring at 30 cm in air.


    Very good detector, but the problem is when I swing the coil or the cable, a lot of sounds appear on speaker in ALL METAL mode and a few less in DISCRIMINATION mode.
    Is impossible to use my detector in this conditions.
    What happened here?
    I need help,


    Thanks

    DIRCEU

    Brazil SA.""


    I have same problem like DIRCEU. What is mistake?
    Hi,
    mistake ? What's mistake ?

    What about your pole and e.g. wingnut screw at coil ? Are they very strong and with few flex at every swing ?

    If not: your false signals are due to bad choice for pole, wingnut etc etc so it's a MECHANICAL PROBLEM; use strong stuff to fix, avoid putting too much metal near coil better if you use all plastic/naylon fittings etc

    If problem isn't related to swing but to behaviour of detector over soil , so "swinging over soil" that must be related to bad GEB tuning or bad soil (very hi-mineralized or trashy place... where there are e.g. lot of foil fragments and the like). It happens that you hear lot of noise in all-metal in places where there was e.g. an iron fence then all rusty and broken into small fragments on soil... thus mixed with soil: this is a worse situation and your detector will react to iron "spots" on soil in all-metal, then also in disc mode... cause sometimes iron-wires are zinc plated... and zinc will contaminate soil for indefinite time (forever ) and will be detected in disc mode ! TGS is very hi sensitive machine so you haven't worry about that... use disc to partially cancel its effect when you notice it.
    This problem is kinda of CHEMICAL PROBLEM.

    If you wanna be sure of cause between the two... try swing coil at 30cm+ from soil: if problem disappears then you are about sure that you have bad GEB or that soil has contamination/trash inside.

    To fix GEB you have to tune GEB pot on soil... find a position where problem disappear or is hi-reduced: if it's impossible finding that position you soil is surely trashy so you cannot do anything but play with disc to avoid part of false signals.

    TGS is not a trashy-soil-battleship like others kind of detectors: you can use on trashy sites but there are drawbacks ; it likes clean medium mineralized soil. Your large coil will pick up too much signal from false targets: if your sites are trashy build a 5'' coil and you will search with more fun there. Use the large coil on clean soils.

    Last but not least: electromechanical fittings could be a problem -> ELECTROMECHANICAL PROBLEM. Fix everything very well, if use metal case connect case to GND, connect blocking ring of connector and its metal body to gnd too of coil, wires inside control box must be fixed too somehow, fix coil cable to pole with tight binds.
    Any swing of connector or wire or everything will develop noise in the circuit.

    Be unflexible, and you'll gain rock solid performances.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    ""I finish my TGS in this week.
    I used LM308 metalic, LF 442, LM 353, 2N2222, 2N2907, BF245C, nulling coils is OK(with scope), discrimination, notch filter, audio, ALL OK. Coil is 28 cm DD.


    1 Euro detection at 36 cm in air
    Small gold ring at 30 cm in air.


    Very good detector, but the problem is when I swing the coil or the cable, a lot of sounds appear on speaker in ALL METAL mode and a few less in DISCRIMINATION mode.
    Is impossible to use my detector in this conditions.
    What happened here?
    I need help,


    Thanks

    DIRCEU

    Brazil SA.""


    I have same problem like DIRCEU. What is mistake?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    FOR IVCONIC


    I finish my TGS in this week.
    I used LM308 metalic, LF 442, LM 353, 2N2222, 2N2907, BF245C, nulling coils is OK(with scope), discrimination, notch filter, audio, ALL OK. Coil is 28 cm DD.


    1 Euro detection at 36 cm in air
    Small gold ring at 30 cm in air.


    Very good detector, but the problem is when I swing the coil or the cable, a lot of sounds appear on speaker in ALL METAL mode and a few less in DISCRIMINATION mode.
    Is impossible to use my detector in this conditions.
    What happened here?
    I need help,


    Thanks

    DIRCEU

    Brazil SA.
    Looks like you made good detector! Bravo!
    Those "sounds" appears probably due wrong coil wirements. Check that again. Several times we talked about that. Very important is how to connect F.cage and cable to coil. Check previous pages and see. Oh, yes, Max already reposted all here....Look above!
    Other reason can be unadjusted GEB. Try to play with trimmer a bit more.
    In All metal mode is possible to provoke some falses if Sense is on maximum, but in Disc mode you MUST NOT have any falses at all, even if Sense is on maximum. Try to replace that 2K2 with 10K....or instead that add some resistance in serie with speaker.If your speaker is 8 ohms than add resistor 10 ohms there in serie. Yes audio would become weak (main TGS drawback) but you should loose falses completely and this will not affect md depth. You can always use earphones on some "noisy" terrains (waterfall,wind blows etc...)
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Robert left to Germany on short bussines trip....crazy man!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Hi Ivica.

    I am very good thanks
    We left from Belgrade. My son lost in the first tour other does not tease, was difference of degrees. Belgrade I liked too much. These bars in the river they was amazingly.I hope next year to come again.
    My regards.

    But where was Robert ......... he is from Belgrad.
    "Bars" on the river called "splav"...? You been there!? I am affraid to go there....too many nasty girls arround! If only my wife knows...!?

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    TGS files for people who need them

    Hi,
    I'm reposting the corrected files for people who asked me and that have troubles finding all stuff in this now very big thread.

    About coil there are a lot of pictures on the thread by me, Ivconic and others so it's impossible reposting everything: I just repost data about large DD coil (10'' diameter).

    WIRE diameter 30AWG = 0.25mm
    TX TURNS = 100
    RX TURNS = 105
    TX RESISTANCE = (about) RX RESISTANCE about 22-23OHM
    TX INDUCTANCE = (about) 5.7mH
    RX INDUCTANCE = (about) 6.2mH

    D Halve geom is about 255mm radius and 137mm height at middle, so 2 halves make a round coil of about 10'' or a bit more.

    Both coils need shields with gaps (from 5mm to 1cm)

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Otisla si epa neka !
    Ti kanis Geo? Kala ise?
    Efige apo Servia.
    Tie egine stin Belgradi?
    Nikisa..?
    Regards!
    Hi Ivica.

    I am very good thanks
    We left from Belgrade. My son lost in the first tour other does not tease, was difference of degrees. Belgrade I liked too much. These bars in the river they was amazingly.I hope next year to come again.
    My regards.

    But where was Robert ......... he is from Belgrad.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X