Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wallker
    replied
    Improvement

    I just replaced LF351 with LM833 as i mentioned before, and i got improvement on sensitivity on Fe channel.
    Also Disc. on this channel works better and both channels now have same amplification, which was my intension at first.
    Picture in attachment shows connected LM833 without changing anything on PCB.
    Regards Marko.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • wallker
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    As Fred says, as long as there is no load on the wiper, the voltage should vary same as a 9.1K pot. Should be same linearity, etc. I think a 10K pot would do fine in the IGSL circuit.

    Regards,

    -SB
    You are right about everything, except about linearity.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by wallker View Post
    There is difference, look on picture. If you want to make sure yourself measure resistance with ohm meter.
    Also you will get different output steps on middle pin of pot (I have had experience with this in practice).
    As Fred says, as long as there is no load on the wiper, the voltage should vary same as a 9.1K pot. Should be same linearity, etc. I think a 10K pot would do fine in the IGSL circuit.

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Comp View Post
    Theoretically, there is a difference,.. total resistance will drop to (approx) 9 Kohms,.......
    I find it hard to believe it will have any practical difference, {unless the wiper/slider connection was having to supply any appreciable level of current, which would be limited by the higher resistance of the track to wiper section,.....) As most feeds of this type are to high impedance FET or OPAMP inputs, I doubt if, in practice, you will notice any problems,........ but,maybe, buy a 10K pot???? Cheap enough from Silverdog!!


    Cheers, Fred
    Yes, I was thinking why not just use a 10K pot in the IGSL circuits. (Main reason would be if you only have 100K pots handy I guess!) I like to get rid of any unnecessary parts on the board if possible.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Comp
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Is there any important difference between the two pot configurations shown?

    -SB
    Theoretically, there is a difference,.. total resistance will drop to (approx) 9 Kohms,.......
    I find it hard to believe it will have any practical difference, {unless the wiper/slider connection was having to supply any appreciable level of current, which would be limited by the higher resistance of the track to wiper section,.....) As most feeds of this type are to high impedance FET or OPAMP inputs, I doubt if, in practice, you will notice any problems,........ but,maybe, buy a 10K pot???? Cheap enough from Silverdog!!


    Cheers, Fred

    Leave a comment:


  • wallker
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Is there any important difference between the two pot configurations shown?

    -SB
    There is difference, look on picture. If you want to make sure yourself measure resistance with ohm meter.
    Also you will get different output steps on middle pin of pot (I have had experience with this in practice).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wallker; 04-13-2012, 06:12 PM. Reason: Edit

    Leave a comment:


  • wallker
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Would you tell us what the differences are between the LM833 and the LF351 that you think are important?

    Regards,

    -SB

    (attached picture easier for me to see)
    Take a look on both datasheets : http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/snosbh2/snosbh2.pdf http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm833-n.pdf
    Also i did notice slightly different sensitivity of ferrous channel (more sensitivity on non-ferrous channel) which I think is caused with LF351 (other parts are the same for both channels).
    Marko.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    pot circuit question

    Is there any important difference between the two pot configurations shown?

    -SB
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by wallker View Post
    Hi guys,I looked at datasheets for LM833 and LF351 (U12) and noticed some differences, so i think that is better to use one more LM833 instead LF351. Of course pins have to be connected properly, take a look on a picture below. I planing to do this tomorrow so i would like the hear some opinions about this.
    Marko.

    Would you tell us what the differences are between the LM833 and the LF351 that you think are important?

    Regards,

    -SB

    (attached picture easier for me to see)
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • wallker
    replied
    Hi guys,I looked at datasheets for LM833 and LF351 (U12) and noticed some differences, so i think that is better to use one more LM833 instead LF351. Of course pins have to be connected properly, take a look on a picture below. I planing to do this tomorrow so i would like the hear some opinions about this.
    Marko.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by detecto View Post
    Last night i look a little in IGSL lowpass and highpass filters, and get some unexpected answers. This is just for one chanel for second is the same. I used this RC filter calculator http://www.ekswai.com/en_lowpass.htm
    Opinion? Answer? Conclusion?
    Regards
    Detecto
    Tell us what you are thinking -- what is your intuition?

    I cannot easily think of those filters separately, but you have to think of the switch as a diode partly. When the switch is closed, all the filters combine; when opened, then just the combined filter on the left side is working.

    Don't pay any attention to R29 - it goes to high impedance input and is essentially infinite. When the switch is open, the capacitor holds its charge steady.

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • detecto
    replied
    Last night i look a little in IGSL lowpass and highpass filters, and get some unexpected answers. This is just for one chanel for second is the same. I used this RC filter calculator http://www.ekswai.com/en_lowpass.htm
    Opinion? Answer? Conclusion?
    Regards
    Detecto
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • wallker
    replied
    Thanks for your reply Bernd.
    Regards Marko.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    hello marko

    coil in video is an original 5pin tesoro model with 11 inch outer diameter

    for tuning my detector i start with all pots and trimmer in middle postion
    then i search the point when i get good results
    that means good distance with low false signals

    i think there is a better way but i gone my own

    so go on and move forward step by step

    you will be happy with that detector

    regards bernd

    Leave a comment:


  • wallker
    replied
    Hi all, just finished IGSL for TGSL coil and working very fine, bravo Ivica.
    Have just one question, in which position should be P1,P2,P3,P4 and both treshold trimers while adjusting GEB's ?
    Regards Marko.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X