Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    I notice that Garrett is using the very same coils on their new At Pro and At Gold machines which run at 15 and 18 khz. This is making me think that frequency that the coil is turned to by the detector circuitry is more important than the actual inductance.

    Interesting subject and food for thought. I will be doing some experimenting along these lines as soon as the weather shuts down other activities.

    Jerry
    Inductance along with capacitance forms LC tank which will define frequency.
    Therefore frequency is directly dependable on inductance and capacitance in LC tank.
    What is better solution; higher L and lower C, or lower L and higher C?
    I think that depends mostly on rest of the design, there are no general rules.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    The answer is simple. Tesoro coils do not contain any components except the windings. Capacitors are used in parallel with these windings to create a tuned circuit, and these capacitors are located on the PCB. Hence the coils can be tuned for different detectors running at different frequencies.
    I notice that Garrett is using the very same coils on their new At Pro and At Gold machines which run at 15 and 18 khz. This is making me think that frequency that the coil is turned to by the detector circuitry is more important than the actual inductance.

    Interesting subject and food for thought. I will be doing some experimenting along these lines as soon as the weather shuts down other activities.

    Jerry

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by anz29 View Post
    search coils for tesoro tejon are the same for vaquero
    (but tejon 17,5khz and vaquero 14.3, how is it possible?)

    tonight will measure 10x12 DD coil
    The answer is simple. Tesoro coils do not contain any components except the windings. Capacitors are used in parallel with these windings to create a tuned circuit, and these capacitors are located on the PCB. Hence the coils can be tuned for different detectors running at different frequencies.

    Leave a comment:


  • anz29
    replied
    in geotech forum I have found this:

    Tesoro 8x9" inside (for Tejon)
    TX coil - inner diam. 201 x 229 x 3.5mm - 950uH / 4.3ohm
    RX coil - inner diam. 66 x 85 x 4mm - 15.8mH / 63.5ohm
    Mrand

    search coils for tesoro tejon are the same for vaquero
    (but tejon 17,5khz and vaquero 14.3, how is it possible?)

    tonight will measure 10x12 DD coil

    Leave a comment:


  • anz29
    replied
    it has four pin , is a problem?
    tonight will measure inductances.
    Thanks to all for fast responses.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Amalio View Post
    have I had forgotten, do sound checks with the 3-pin U2 pin 6 with pin mixing 5 and pin 9.No've seen major differences with the mixtures.

    the final no connection pin 6, is that correct or a problem?

    thanks
    No problem!
    Good job!

    Leave a comment:


  • Amalio
    replied
    have I had forgotten, do sound checks with the 3-pin U2 pin 6 with pin mixing 5 and pin 9.No've seen major differences with the mixtures.

    the final no connection pin 6, is that correct or a problem?

    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Amalio
    replied
    Hello friends

    I'm busy with my IGLS Tgls, make the changes recommended by resistors and capacitors Ivconic, tests with the coil of my TGLS are giving a good result.

    the stable md work (removed chatter) discrimination of work, and the two tones loud and clear. (5 and 9 of U2 has been my choice of sound)

    Excellent work by the IVCONIC here.

    One euro, touching the 30 cm.

    but also pain in the *** here, do new coils for GLIA with labor problems.

    I am going to start rolling new coils.

    greetings

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    If it has a 5-pin connector, then it can be used with the original IGSL (non-Musketeer).
    If it has a 4-pin connector, then you'll have to ask Ivconic. I don't know if the specs are similar or not.
    I think yes.
    It is easy to check, just measure inductances.
    If those are in range 1mH at TX and 15mH at RX than coil is suitable for "Musk coil" version of IGSL.
    Also older Tesoro coils with inductances in range 5.5-6.1mH at TX and 6.2-6.6mH at Rx are suitable for "TGSL coil" version of IGSL (like Qiaozhi stated).
    Just measure inductances and pick the version of IGSL that will suit.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by anz29 View Post
    Hi to all
    I have tesoro vaquero with 9x8 and 10x12 dd, is possible to use one of two search coil for IGSL MUSKETEER ?
    Thanks for the answers

    Sorry for my bad english
    If it has a 5-pin connector, then it can be used with the original IGSL (non-Musketeer).
    If it has a 4-pin connector, then you'll have to ask Ivconic. I don't know if the specs are similar or not.

    Leave a comment:


  • anz29
    replied
    is possible?

    Hi to all
    I have tesoro vaquero with 9x8 and 10x12 dd, is possible to use one of two search coil for IGSL MUSKETEER ?
    Thanks for the answers

    Sorry for my bad english

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    for dummies like me:

    could anyone godlike here take this picture and connect the potis
    with a simple drawed line to correct points to pcb
    this is the last secret


    thx to compadre sorry for the late answer

    but previous picture postings are difficult to analyze

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    Hi Ivconic,

    in reply to your recent excellent diagram about the workings of the two trimmers TR1 and 2, do please remember that the tones "High & Low" may not be the same way round as you have made them on your machine, on ours, as there was no indication (that I remember anyway!) from anyone as to what to use where.

    So either we (you?) set a standard (which I personally would prefer from you yourself, as it makes it far easier to follow any instruction if we are all working with the same design) or we need some other method of defining each pot and trimmer that fits ANY IGSL, no matter how constructed, and will work for. That might be difficult.

    A "standard" from you would allow those of us (ME for example!!) with the least knowledge of the way IGSL works (I am slowly getting there!) to follow you and the others far far better......

    I even see slight problems (as it is not so marked on the schematic) with which Pot Disc is 1 and which is 2 (as you yourself call them I believe!). Also you appear to speak of values 1, 2 and 3 etc., but I don't know as to whether you are talking about 1 - 10, 0 - 9 or what, so the numbers mean nothing to me (not that I am so far that I need the numbers yet...)

    Then there is the slight problem of the orientation of Potentiometers end connections (not the wiper of course) that I believe it was Simon B. that kindly gave some good tips which I followed exactly, but I did not see anyone saying "Yes" it was correct or "No" it wasn't, so I assume he was correct.......many thanks Simon.

    Due to these small but important differences, it does mean that you could have 10 IGSLs each one different with regard to the way the Pots are orientated, or which tone low/high means etc etc.....which means problems for us beginners when trying to follow instructions and we are 180° "out of phase! so to say....

    Please do not take any of this post as criticism, it is not meant to be negative, I am just trying to call your attention to the problems we beginners may be up against. When someone as important to us as yourself can give us instructions as to which trimmer refers to which tone for example, we are very grateful indeed, but we must know if it applies to our machine or not, don't you agree?

    I leave it entirely up to you as to whether you do something about these queries or not, that is your choice, my main aim was only to point out the fact that some of the IGSLs already built, may be quite different to yours, making instructions more difficult to write and for us (me) to understand........

    I know you are a busy man and if you don't have time, I am still happy anyway......

    Sent with a very friendly personal regard for your excellent design improvements/changes/instructions/knowledge and friendship to us all here,

    from

    Andy

    Look,
    i am not taking nothing as criticism at all, don't worry.
    Only i don't have habit to additionally explain all over again all the trivial details which are taken as defaults.
    If you are electronic&detector hobbyists and you are here to make some detector - you certainly must know and fully understand our common defaults here, otherwise you will be in troubles.
    No need me to put a stress or emphasize each little detail which is common default in our kind of thinking and understanding things here.
    It is common default that higher pitched sound ALWAYS indicate signals which are "right" from zero signal on phase scale.
    It is common default that lower pitched sound ALWAYS indicate signals which are "left" from zero signal on phase scale.
    Therefore i respected that logic.
    Also, as "designer" of IGSL, i already made a "rules", initially when i posted schematic and my choices on it? Wouldn't you agree?
    Do i need to think about anything that may be somebody's else choice?
    I think not. Everybody of us is making own choices.
    For example; Selim made splendid job on his IGSL! I really like his work.
    Yet, he decided to reverse audio pitches, so that was his choice and i have nothing against that.
    About "numbers"...
    I am using pretty common logic when want to emphasize some exact adjustment there.
    So i am taking potentiometer scale divided to 10 segments, ALWAYS!
    How would i explain to you from which value (for example) IGSL is starting to reject Al foil at higher pitched channels?
    If i didn't divided pot scale to 10 segments... how would i explain?
    But now, with scale divided to 10 i can easily say that after "6" IGSL is not producing higher pitched tone on Al foil! Right?
    Do you understand?

    Pot scale can be divided differently, at some brands those are divided up to 5,6 ...etc.
    But most common logic is 10 divisions.
    Most common and easy understandable for everyone.
    ...
    Cheers!



    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    High and Low Tones from IGSL, whch ones?

    Hi Ivconic,

    in reply to your recent excellent diagram about the workings of the two trimmers TR1 and 2, do please remember that the tones "High & Low" may not be the same way round as you have made them on your machine, on ours, as there was no indication (that I remember anyway!) from anyone as to what to use where.

    So either we (you?) set a standard (which I personally would prefer from you yourself, as it makes it far easier to follow any instruction if we are all working with the same design) or we need some other method of defining each pot and trimmer that fits ANY IGSL, no matter how constructed, and will work for. That might be difficult.

    A "standard" from you would allow those of us (ME for example!!) with the least knowledge of the way IGSL works (I am slowly getting there!) to follow you and the others far far better......

    I even see slight problems (as it is not so marked on the schematic) with which Pot Disc is 1 and which is 2 (as you yourself call them I believe!). Also you appear to speak of values 1, 2 and 3 etc., but I don't know as to whether you are talking about 1 - 10, 0 - 9 or what, so the numbers mean nothing to me (not that I am so far that I need the numbers yet...)

    Then there is the slight problem of the orientation of Potentiometers end connections (not the wiper of course) that I believe it was Simon B. that kindly gave some good tips which I followed exactly, but I did not see anyone saying "Yes" it was correct or "No" it wasn't, so I assume he was correct.......many thanks Simon.

    Due to these small but important differences, it does mean that you could have 10 IGSLs each one different with regard to the way the Pots are orientated, or which tone low/high means etc etc.....which means problems for us beginners when trying to follow instructions and we are 180° "out of phase! so to say....

    Please do not take any of this post as criticism, it is not meant to be negative, I am just trying to call your attention to the problems we beginners may be up against. When someone as important to us as yourself can give us instructions as to which trimmer refers to which tone for example, we are very grateful indeed, but we must know if it applies to our machine or not, don't you agree?

    I leave it entirely up to you as to whether you do something about these queries or not, that is your choice, my main aim was only to point out the fact that some of the IGSLs already built, may be quite different to yours, making instructions more difficult to write and for us (me) to understand........

    I know you are a busy man and if you don't have time, I am still happy anyway......

    Sent with a very friendly personal regard for your excellent design improvements/changes/instructions/knowledge and friendship to us all here,

    from

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by golfnut
    what was wrong?

    I used pin 1 of ic U1a - output of receive pre-amp


    The amp has a gain ~50 so if you see 800mv you got it about right.

    Steve




    has made a first test with my first usb scope ever and could set the coil down to 90mv with a good sinus signal - wasn´t able to do that with my multimeter

    but coil is unshielded and the higher gain parts are still on pcb
    need some sleep now
    next work on igsl in some hours...
    00:26 in germany now
    good night

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X