Originally posted by ivconic
View Post
If your back end is fully functional to spec theres no reason why with what I said in my previous it.... works, not perfectly but will be more than ok and quite good may I add, trust me it works.
I am sure within the next few days someome here will better my Idea, all I can say is bring it on, we are all ears....
Ivconics.. the reason why I sugested the test coil was because I noticed alot of amatures and engineers a like on here doing builds of these two projects have one problem in common, lack of depth/false signals, one or the other or both, which as we both know are often put down to coil build, seen it time and time again in the TGSL forum posts, but after many many hours/days spent on your design here, I am not convinced that everyones problems were down to the coil, alot were, but alot were not, there were so many other factors, I would love to know the amount of the silent crew on here who just gave up due to maybe they feel they couldnt make a coil where infact maybe it was due to underspecification or perhaps duff components.
I mention the easy coil test from personal experience on a fully functioning circuit board that you designed. I personally think that although the coil is the most important thing attached to a metal detector its not the end all and bee all , and if all things after the front end are working correctly you should get some reasonable results in workshop conditions without final field settings of a coil via scope.
You know since my last post I put my test coils just side by side on a table no overlape at home on batterys that are reading 9.2v well knakered, my 7 year daughter waving my old ciggy packet which has foil in it over the coil 2" approx getting a responce loud and clear, so... that says something would you agree?.
The point im trying to make is if your circuit design/build is working correctly you should get these results, if not look further into your build or component specifications before you proceed any further.
You know what they say.... Everyday is a school day haha
.
I thought you had maybe not read that my coil was not finished......easily done!!





Leave a comment: