Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
blisstool ltc64x v2i
Collapse
X
-
I will add, if you told me I had to use a Deus or a Blisstool, I think I would pick the Blisstool hands down.
-
450EU - 700EU is an insane amount of money to spend on such a speculative product.
I think it's some sort of a scam one way or another. Either you get nothing or a crappy detector that you have to constantly "tune". Sounds to be incomplete or obsolete.
All this talk of different soils in UK vs North America is nonsense. North America is Huge, you can find three distinct soil types within 200 meters.
Oh and another thing, the Deus is not finding gold chains on saltwater beaches either, so we can end that right now.
The only "evidence" of a Deus finding gold chains, is posted by the same guy praising them in this very thread.
Clearly he does not have a grasp of how metal detectors work. If you take a gold chain, and ball it up together like that, just about ANY detector will pick it up within a couple of inches.
Even when he "stretched" it out, it still had a "loop" which, again would sound of almost ANY detector.
Most people know the shapes that trick metal detector's discrimination like loops and bent nails.
Leave a comment:
-
Probably this was reason that one German dealer banned Blisstool from supply and take one other world best Bulgarian detector on his list:Originally posted by SVEN1 View PostJust curious, looking at the Blisstool forum site as well as others. Appears over 200 have been ordered and only a few delivered to the US or in the UK. Many have been waiting since Easter time or longer.
Seems like some or many are getting tired of waiting or having second thoughts. Wonder who has everyones pre-order money?
.
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...epscan_eds.htm
.
.
Leave a comment:
-
How many Blisstool units have been delivered?
Just curious, looking at the Blisstool forum site as well as others. Appears over 200 have been ordered and only a few delivered to the US or in the UK. Many have been waiting since Easter time or longer.
Seems like some or many are getting tired of waiting or having second thoughts. Wonder who has everyones pre-order money?
Was hoping to see many more new owners reports and finds with interest....... What's really going on at Blisstool? Not interest in buying one, just wondering..........
Leave a comment:
-
WrongOriginally posted by Ism View PostI thought it was mostly about RX, not TX. No matter how hard you beat a bell with a hammer, its only going to ring so loud....to put it simply.
- if you beat a 5m bell with a little nail you will hear nothing compared to the "WAMMMM!" of a sledgehammer!
Next time we drive a 1m frame PI with a tiny lithium watch cell!
And for shure you just need the power of a car battery for a huge scrapyard electromagnet.
I know.... sound, display, rx, detection analyses circuits - all this stuff needs power, too.
And also I know that we are not needing a longwave broadcast station transmitter every little receiver still can hear 1000 miles away.
But without enough transmission power you will detect nothing - except some earth-magnetical fields, or AM by diode.
btw. This stuff is totally offtopic concerning the Blisstool, because that MD has the needed TX power.
This is all just XP Deus issues because this far too small coil-lipo has to be recharged after almost every single hunting day.
Compared to this - the ca. 2000mA Blisstool accu lasts for 7 days or longer and is for the whole detector.
Timewasting discussions here. Period.
is back online again.
Including the info:
Now, as an optional accessory is available and 38 cm (15") DD search coil, model:
- BLISSTOOL DD38SC2 with ~ 1.5 meters cable optimized for LTC64X and LTC64
Optimal for selfbuilt hang around the neck unit! :-)
Otherwise the 38cm coil would be too heavy after some hours anyway.
Ahmed hadn't answered to the german reseller that's why
he (temporarly) took the Blisstool offers from his website.
This was since a few weeks but if Ahmed now's a free man
again everything may be just fine very soon.
Leave a comment:
-
Correct!Originally posted by Ism View PostI thought it was mostly about RX, not TX. No matter how hard you beat a bell with a hammer, its only going to ring so loud....to put it simply.
Here; from post #45 and below:
A place to discuss the non-technical aspects of metal detectors. Your favorite detectors, favorite features, or favorite accessories.
Leave a comment:
-
I thought it was mostly about RX, not TX. No matter how hard you beat a bell with a hammer, its only going to ring so loud....to put it simply.
Leave a comment:
-
> To know that i should make my way to TX out and measure it.
do that if you like, at least it seems the XP has enough "radiation"
for the relative good depth you have described already.
>

No comment!
This is no joke!
Found one of the most rare special cannonballs
with the Jeohunter including selfbuilt 1,5m radius!
You can visit sandboxes from kindergartens with your perhaps
50cm radius and 22cm coil but for huge battlefields you will
be lost - I'll guarantee it!
At least the XPs coil is wireless so no stupid make the coil cable longer
problems and the rest is a piece of cake.
> Yes it is. Often i do dip it into water when crossing creeks.
Another plus point.
> I bought my first detector, Arado, in London, 1987.
Later i bought White's Eagle IIc in Munchen, 1992... and so on....and so on... roughly counting; i had approx. 87-90 originals so far.
Holy metal-detector, that beats definitivly everything!
Now you can sell some of those as rare treasures to collectors!

But I had already the Whites 101 some years earlier than '87.
And 1991 a cheap chinese model (blue color and alu pole
directly til the middle of the coil... - crazy stuff
)
Anyway - the today MDs still are far from being perfect.
Leave a comment:
-
"...Low transmission power absolutly is not good..."
I am not saying Deus is having "low tx power", because i don't know that.
To know that i should make my way to TX out and measure it.
It's trivial data for me and most probably i will never do that.
"...I would like to search with real big radius on open terrain and I don't want
to have the coil remains sticked 50cm near my feets..."


No comment!
"...If the XP Deus has a very broad Ground Balance range
and is able to detect this stuff, fine -but I wanna know
about how this works exactly and not just some "could work"
rumors...."
I guess you will have to buy it and see. I can not help you on that.
I never ever tried in my life to search for cavities and meteorites, especially not with VLF/IB.
For such job i can use gradiometer and resistivity meter in case i decide to switch on such "targets".
"..And I bought the Fisher 1266-X in the year 1993 and was..."
I bought my first detector, Arado, in London, 1987.
Later i bought White's Eagle IIc in Munchen, 1992... and so on....and so on... roughly counting; i had approx. 87-90 originals so far.
"...btw. I hope the coil is fully waterproof with that accu inside so you can dip it into rivers etc..."
Yes it is. Often i do dip it into water when crossing creeks.
Is this a philosophical statement now?
No, it is my point of view. I am not very interested in what other people think and do in their lives.
Everybody has own reasons to make certain moves in life.
Not debatable for me.
Leave a comment:
-
@ ivconic
OK this was a very good answer from you, thx -
for the most stuff I can give you my full ACK, except:
- Low transmission power absolutly is not good:
Otherwise you could detect 1m deep with a cheap 30 Euro
handheld-metaldetector that has a 15cm coil.
With a weak lamp you can't shine through your hand,
but with a powerful CREE LED-lamp you can.
A strong EM-field first has to penetrate the more or less tough
ground mineralisation barricades, reaches the find and creates
a significant different eddy-current field.
What is needed is a receiver-circuit with high selectivity
for this task, but without strong transmission power the
metal object never will create a detectable field at all.
- Price:
If it is not overpriced and worth the engineering-costs etc.
it's OK.
- larger coil:
Bushes and tree-roots and weeds and stuff - have the same
situation here, too at alot places so I fully understand this problem.
But 22,5cm still is too small. Most if not all of such critical ground
blockades are also managable by an at least 33cm coil, especially
if this coil is eliptical.
But it's great that you have the larger coil, too - of course this
is again another financial burden.
If I would get the XP Deus either with the large coil directly
or not at all. 22.5cm is nice for gold-nuggets or very small
medieval or roman coins but not large sites.
Then I suspect the XP Deus has a little design problem:
What is the maximum distance coil - feet you can get?
Because if this thing is that wonderful lightweight I would like
to search with real big radius on open terrain and I don't want
to have the coil remains sticked 50cm near my feets.
So please give me the maximum distance between coil-edge and
toe-tips - not with totally stretched arm, but with relaxed holding.
It was no prejustice with the meteorites, just a question.
But an important one, 'cause almost all modern MDs have
no cavity detection and have heavy problems to detect
stuff that touches ground-mineralisation-level itself like
meteorites or in other words - negative detection values.
If the XP Deus has a very broad Ground Balance range
and is able to detect this stuff, fine -but I wanna know
about how this works exactly and not just some "could work"
rumors.
The broken material of extremly rusty softiron cans as example
can be used to simulate meteorites. Also mineralic stones
with high iron-compound-content. Or perhaps a brick-stone.
How does the XP Deus signalizes such stuff?
by a negative identification value?
And if so, it also should find cavity by "missing mineralisation".
> Thank's for your tips. I am hobbyist from 1987.
And I bought the Fisher 1266-X in the year 1993 and was
not "arrested" by the iron curtain
(just joking, I know
Russia etc. built very good stuff, too - they also made alot
fascinating parapsychological experiments).
And I'm shure you could smuggle western MDs from Greece
or Turkey, if we can call those "western".
However - every person has it's own life- and treasure-hunting
preferences and if you finally found your personal best fiting MD
with the XP Deus from oohlala
L'amour France, I fully respect it.
btw. I hope the coil is fully waterproof with that accu inside so
you can dip it into rivers etc.
> I agree. We can not know for sure his real reasons, nor we need to know.
> We can only assume and be right or wrong.
Is this a philosophical statement now?
If you are interested I can find out the exact cause.
Leave a comment:
-
Good one.Originally posted by barryny View Post
It excels in a cleaner environment where you are looking to dig ALL non-ferrous.
Even my Chinese TS-150 with 30cm (12") stock coil "excels in a cleaner environment", probably better than LTC-64.
But TS-150 has 4 controls only in comparison with 13 (!) controls of LTC-64 and was as cheap as 80 euro. I gave it to my nephew, relic hunter, who still praise it a lot.
I can accept Funfinder's "go cheaper" argument and suggest everyone to buy nice and extremly deep TS-150 better than huge overpriced LTC-64.Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
"...please tell me what would be the missing 5% so you
could give the Deus XP 100%.
..."
It is the price! As i said: i would also be happy to buy it for less than i did.
It was earthquake for my home budget. But i had to have it, couldn't resist.
"..And is the holder completly non-metal?..."
To tell you the truth: i am not sure, never really examined it!
It looks "plastic" enough for me.
"..OK, the VDI may be just fine enough if GB is done correctly by the
automatic or with enough user experience...."
Each detector need certain experience, remember?
"..But the coil size of 22.5cm neither is practical nor is deep -
an one meter frame is deep or at least a 50cm coil!..."
Depends; smaller coil is perfect for majority of sites i have here. Narrow hills, lot of bushes, stones, rocks, narrow space, tough terrains.
Most of those are those i have here.
For leveled terrains i have 34x28cm coil.
"..And I doubt the little built-in the coil accu provides
enough needed transmission power for real good depth.
At least this accu has to be made replacable all the time
with a reserve accu-pack - as simple as changing a 9v block..."
I don't doubt. I checked it. One of the things that makes it "revolutionary" is exactly what you suspect.
Most people i know; had exactly same doubts. Actually: battery is LiPo 3.6v.
So it is real state of the art considering power consumption / performances.
Also this is best possible proof that you don't need huge power to go deep.
Many times before this thing was explained here on Geotech.
I think Qiaozhi gave best explanation, somewhere here.
"..For walking 1 meter forward sweeping 5 times is ridicoulus..."
Depends. Walking where? What kind of soil? What targets you expect?
Don't try to answer, i know what answers would be.
I only want to say that everything is very dependable on conditions and your intentions.
Sometimes only one sweep/m is enough, sometimes 20 sweeps/m are enough. Depends.
"..You like it joker-style - well, so don't be angry if I suggest
the XP Deus is for the sand-box but not for real treasure hunting.
.."
My life is very tough, that's why i search for savation in being not serious.
Just joking but you get the point! If you like attach a 10cm coil
to the XP Deus for even more depth for gold-nuggets have fun -
I don't care - but don't hunt in large woods or huge areas -
your arms will fall off fully zombie-style!

Thank's for your tips. I am hobbyist from 1987. Would be shame if i haven't learned such things.
But the problem is classical and an overall issue.
At the moment the best depth compromise seems to be the
Minelab GPX 5000 with 30cm mono-coil.
And of course my new top secret detector!
Best solution for small coins and larger deep stuff.
I haven't checked it yet. Last one from those i checked was GP3000. I like it.
But it is too heavy, large and unsuited for my terrains here.
Once i was stucked in bush with it for more than hour and than i decided to sell it.
Mine with, Minelab without discrimination; for disc'in
the Minelab needs a different coil which is not so deep.

Oh and almost forgotten:
The XP Deus won't detect cavity or hot-rocks, right?
So it is completly useless for low mineralized precious meteorites,
while the Bliss will find them. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Another prejudice? Decrease GB manually, decrease Reactivity, decrease Disc and go for it!
"...We still don't know Carls Bliss coil size but I guess he uses the
standard one (12'' . 28cm) and in contrary to some suggestions
and opinions here he seems to have relative good success so far..."
I guess he bought it only to replenish his huge collection. So he can not be displeased by no means.
But of course this machine is not the high end class so I fully accept
some "negative ratings" as long as they are fair and understandable.
Quite alright. I agree. Same case with any other brand and model.
btw. The formerly german Blisstool reseller seems to prefer
the machines from DeepTech (also made in Bulgaria) (Models
Vista and MegaPulse) over the Blisstool - on his new online-shop
page the Blisstool is no longer listed. I don't care and I doubt
there is much difference in depth. I think this has private
reasons with the business-connection and the Blisstool is
simply too complicated for alot rookies compared with the
4 button Deeptech RG Vista 1000 etc.
I agree. We can not know for sure his real reasons, nor we need to know.
We can only assume and be right or wrong.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi ivconic,
please tell me what would be the missing 5% so you
could give the Deus XP 100%.
And is the holder completly non-metal?
OK, the VDI may be just fine enough if GB is done correctly by the
automatic or with enough user experience.
But the coil size of 22.5cm neither is practical nor is deep -
an one meter frame is deep or at least a 50cm coil!
And I doubt the little built-in the coil accu provides
enough needed transmission power for real good depth.
At least this accu has to be made replacable all the time
with a reserve accu-pack - as simple as changing a 9v block.
For walking 1 meter forward sweeping 5 times is ridicoulus.
You like it joker-style - well, so don't be angry if I suggest
the XP Deus is for the sand-box but not for real treasure hunting.
Just joking but you get the point! If you like attach a 10cm coil
to the XP Deus for even more depth for gold-nuggets have fun -
I don't care - but don't hunt in large woods or huge areas -
your arms will fall off fully zombie-style!


But the problem is classical and an overall issue.
At the moment the best depth compromise seems to be the
Minelab GPX 5000 with 30cm mono-coil.
And of course my new top secret detector!
Best solution for small coins and larger deep stuff.
Mine with, Minelab without discrimination; for disc'in
the Minelab needs a different coil which is not so deep.
Oh and almost forgotten:
The XP Deus won't detect cavity or hot-rocks, right?
So it is completly useless for low mineralized precious meteorites,
while the Bliss will find them. Correct me if I'm wrong.
OK back to the topic - the Blisstool!
We still don't know Carls Bliss coil size but I guess he uses the
standard one (12'' . 28cm) and in contrary to some suggestions
and opinions here he seems to have relative good success so far.
But of course this machine is not the high end class so I fully accept
some "negative ratings" as long as they are fair and understandable.
btw. The formerly german Blisstool reseller seems to prefer
the machines from DeepTech (also made in Bulgaria) (Models
Vista and MegaPulse) over the Blisstool - on his new online-shop
page the Blisstool is no longer listed. I don't care and I doubt
there is much difference in depth. I think this has private
reasons with the business-connection and the Blisstool is
simply too complicated for alot rookies compared with the
4 button Deeptech RG Vista 1000 etc.
Leave a comment:
-
Blisstool
Hi Carl - happy you're getting along somewhat better with the unit. Remember less is more...at a ground balanced Gain of 1, keep in mind that Disc Depth should remain on the lower side of the range. Did you get a chance to copy down the cheat sheet field notes?
Also - the real strength of the machine is NOT in a trashy non-ferrous environment. It excels in a cleaner environment where you are looking to dig ALL non-ferrous. That's relic hunting, clean farm fields, old home sites, the beach. This is not a park or schoolyard machine for a new user - that type of location is for a very experienced user who has learned the subtle differences in tonal quality to the target and also has learned some sizing and depth determination skills...I'd love to see your reports in one of the above "more suitable" environments...
Keep us posted - thanks.
Originally posted by Carl-NC View PostI also got the Bliss' out for a short while today. GB worked just fine, though still a bit touchy. Area was very trashy so it was difficult to pick out good targets, what with all the broken audio responses. Pinpointing also difficult without an AM mode. The weak signals I dug were deep (Gain = 1) so I can't complain about depth. I really wish this unit had a mixed-mode audio.
Leave a comment:
-
entertaining thread
Thank you, Carl, for posting the occasional reality check.
--Dave J.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: