Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QED

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Woody.au
    replied
    Originally posted by bugwhiskers View Post
    Would you care to elaborate, what do you mean exactly by "our toy"?
    Toying around with the digital display unit, "Toy" is something to be played with, "our" means plurality.

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Long time no see bugwhiskers, hope you are OK.
    I so wish your troubles are over.

    Leave a comment:


  • bugwhiskers
    replied
    Would you care to elaborate, what do you mean exactly by "our toy"?

    Leave a comment:


  • Woody.au
    replied
    I think Minelab own the QED now, not too sure what happened with it all.
    The detector in the Utube vid is our toy.

    Leave a comment:


  • mickstv
    replied
    Originally posted by Woody.au View Post
    That detector is our own development, completely new design.

    You should really quote post 411 by KT315, otherwise people will think you are talking about the QED.

    Leave a comment:


  • Woody.au
    replied
    That detector is our own development, completely new design.

    Leave a comment:


  • greylourie
    replied
    Some new videos posted of older version QED are up on that youtube channel. Show it working and detecting on test site, alongside another well known commercial model. Would be nice if members viewed and posted comments of support on his youtube channel. Bear in mind that the three videos below show an older version. Bugwhiskers has made various improvements since then, one being better audio.





    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Bern, I agree with you... if QED is the killer so where QED now, what stage is on. my friends in Mexico and Iran wait deep goldish fishing.
    I also can to connect russian guys to this project, if there is need.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    who has built qed already
    i can because i have all files but not sure if it will work or not

    can someone link a video to his working unit
    would like to see how it performs

    thnanks

    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    bugs does not attend any of the forums, hasn't done for a while, actually i'd like to see it finished, but only by bugs.
    with the crap he has had to deal with it is just not fair to work on this when he cant.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete the Builder
    replied
    Originally posted by IBGold View Post
    Hi Pete,

    Email me Pete if you still have my email address sounds like you had a year like I did last year but at least i am over most of it now.

    Regards, Ian.
    G'day mate!

    I don't have access to that system until tomorrow (Fran has to get it out of the other room for me), but I'll definitely drop you a line sometime tomorrow!

    Glad to hear you're over the worst - sounds like you had a miserable time... We can commiserate electronically.

    cheers Ian!

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete the Builder
    replied
    The two projects I have boards designed for are BW's original switched-cap design (I have the motherboard and coil boards fully routed, haven't started the cap board), and the SMD version of the QED (laid out and partially routed). That's as far as I've got. I actually had a list of questions I wanted to discuss with BW, but at the time the patent crap was hitting the fan, and I didn't wish to stir anything up.

    i kinda agree, it would be a great shame if the QED project ended up as a Frankenproject. I was intending to send BW a couple of finished boards to see if he wanted to dive back in, but I suppose that was pretty half-arsed too.

    It WOULD be a tremendous shame if the QED died from venom and strangulation - can you imagine how pissed off the manufacturer would be if it took off as a hobbyist detector? If not for BWs brains and tenacity, it wouldn't have got this far. He should be the one to bury it, I guess.

    Anyway, there we are. Damnit, now I've got the switched-cap design bug again.

    Leave a comment:


  • IBGold
    replied
    Hi Pete,

    Email me Pete if you still have my email address sounds like you had a year like I did last year but at least i am over most of it now.

    Regards, Ian.

    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    this thread is the reason this forum is closed to visitors, the nonsense this thread attracts is counter productive.
    but as a project qed is dead, if you make boards, what firmware are people to use?.
    i understand you have been unwell and away for a while, but while you have been gone this project's status has not changed, in fact it has only gone down hill, any goodwill towards this project was lost long ago in the endless arguments between both sides.
    its best left alone, untill such times as bugwhiskers wants to come back, its his project his patent and his call, working on this actually does him more harm, this is not the kind of project that can be taken up by others, any further developments of this detector is a slap in the face to its designer, mistakes were made, lessons were learned, time to move on and create something else.
    p.s. for the record, we all know the status of this project, the only time its ever mentioned or the thread "bumped" is when someone from one side or other pops up to fire cheap shots at the other side.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete the Builder
    replied
    Originally posted by sinclairuser View Post
    i wrote a long post about how this thread should be locked(since the inventor and patent holder is not even free to develop this), but i just deleted it because there is no point.
    it obviously serves some purpose to leave it open to incite more nonsense(though what that is escapes me).
    any comedy value was lost long ago.
    Perhaps it's a honeypot?

    Imagine if this thread were locked, how many new threads would spring up wanting updates, with free PCBs. Although, they can do that anyhow...

    I had a point, once. :-)

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X