Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3D printed detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sean_Goddard
    replied
    WELL DONE. Custom enclosures NO Problem!

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    I can imagine that 3D printing could easily become an obsession.

    Is this a PI detector?

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Thats amazing well done.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tec
    started a topic 3D printed detector

    3D printed detector

    Over the last few weeks I have been working with my New 3D printer ($1600),
    and it really is a technological revolution..
    I have managed to make all the parts of a detector that are usually frustrating, in particular the coil.., but also the Clamp for adjusting the Stem, and the arm-rest.

    In some cases they may be lighter and better than a commercial detector .

    See attached.

    As a complete CAD drawing novice, I have downloaded 'Sketch-up' (free) and spent about 2 weeks using it.
    Now I feel I can draw and create almost anything.

    I am still to field test these parts.

    The main drawback of 3D printing is that is is slow. It takes a half a day to print some of these components.
    Also, the coil has to be made of 13 separate parts and glued (epoxied) together.

    If you have a 3D printer...then feel free to download them.

    Spi-MX-Shield Metal Detector 3D Printed Parts. Contribute to tctec/SpiMX-Shield-Parts-1 development by creating an account on GitHub.


    Plastic: PLA , no 'supports' or 'rafts' , Shells = 4, Fill = 20%


    Notes:

    The top stem and Handle is 25mm PVC pipe
    The lower stem is 15mm PVC pipe stiffened with pine dowel glued (Liquid nails or Epoxy) inside.
    Attached Files
Working...
X