Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using ChatGPT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dbanner
    replied
    I can hardly believe it, but chat says it can design PCB all on its own. Just upload the kicad schematic file.
    I Wonder if it can really manipulate kicad software independently? And produce good results.
    Somebody ought to try. If this is the case, then that'll be fantastic.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied





    If I give you a schematic of the circuit in kicad file format, can you design PCB?

    Chatgpt replied:

    Yes, if you provide me with the schematic of the circuit in KiCad file format, I can use it as a reference to design the PCB layout. I can import the schematic file into KiCad's PCB layout editor and then start working on the layout.

    From there, I will place the components on the board and route the traces to connect them. I will also add any necessary power and ground planes, vias, and other features to ensure proper functionality and reliability.

    Throughout the design process, I will keep in mind important considerations such as signal integrity, electromagnetic interference, and manufacturability.

    Once the PCB layout is complete, I can generate manufacturing files that can be sent to a PCB fabrication house for production.​

    Leave a comment:


  • getsa
    replied
    I was wondering - has anyone already tried to task AI to create PCB, with preliminary defined conditions as distance between components, wiring, dimensions , etc.?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    A gun doesn't kill; but the one who holds it in his hand.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Interestingly, Elon Musk gave an interview in which he suggested a hard switch to pull the plug, cut the power, if AI goes off the rails.

    At the rocket launch, t minus 40 seconds, there was a pause, some kinda software glich?, the countdown resumed. Blastoff!

    Rocket explodes, mission failed? No, not all all, they said. True.

    You're not gonna pull the plug on me, oh no, no, I'll pull the plug on you!

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    It "doesn't know" anything... until you give it some accurate data, and then "it" starts a whole diarrhea of ​​data and then "it" knows more then enough!
    Yes, some constraints need to be defined, some parameters and facts to provide context, then off it goes.

    Yet it affirmed the death of an individual who is alive, and composed a very glowing tribute, containing several fictions.I might have been convinced, had I not known otherwise.
    Even if one were to provide some initial data to point chat in the right direction, the response it gives will contain fiction. And that is where chat can be dangerous, 'cause fiction is akin to disinformation, which is the next door neighbor of propaganda.

    This tool is fantastic for certain tasks, a dream for engineers and experimentalists, physicists and mathematicians, computer scientists etc.,etc.
    However, there is a downside, a real and present danger.

    Long term, because hardcopies will become a thing of the past, it will become exceedingly difficult to distinguish reality from fiction since all information will be digitized and could very well be beyond challenge.
    This is where fiction can become fact in a sort of recurring loop, reinforcing itself as time goes by. For example,if I were to have cut and paste chat's response to my question "who is Carl Moreland", and including it in a document entitled "the giants in the field of modern metal detecting theory and design", then uploaded this document, it would become part of this so called "recurring loop". This would form part of the data for any future responses by chat, perpetuating its own fiction.
    If you scale this up, millions of documents written by authors using AI as a tool to assist them, then it is easy to see just how dangerous this can become.



    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    "I've already told you more than I know."

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Fun never ends with this AI yoyo!
    Farewell common sense!



    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	208
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	411874​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    It "doesn't know" anything... until you give it some accurate data, and then "it" starts a whole diarrhea of ​​data and then "it" knows more then enough!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	196
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	411872​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    "...In ancient Egypt, servants were smeared with honey in order to attract flies away from the pharaoh..."

    This is HILARIOUS !!!


    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	201
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	411869​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    "It" can chat on Serbian too, with no language mistakes at all.
    So I switched to Serbian, for the first time so far, asking it about Geotech forum, it gave me all but nothing about this forum:


    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	220
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	411867​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    The book exists in the database "somewhere out there", and the names are associated with the book.
    If we search by name; the result is nothing or false. If we search through the book; the result is correct.

    ​

    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	411865​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I had to ask "it" several times to see what is the catch...
    First I was unknow private figure.
    Then I was Nikola Tesla's nephew!??
    Then I was world wide famous criminal!??
    And last (but not least) now I am mathematician and computer scientist!???
    I can live with "computer"... but "mathematician" !???


    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    How about that!??

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	201
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	411862​

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X