Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using ChatGPT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dbanner
    replied
    Carl, not only have you died, but now it appears that your very existence has been erased from public record.

    Who is carl Moreland

    I'm sorry, but I couldn't find any notable person named "Carl Moreland" through my search. Can you please provide more context or information about who Carl Moreland is or what he is known for?



    I think chat is monitoring this thread and don't like the criticism. So chat say goodbye to carl by disappearing him.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    "The Metal Detecting Bible: Helpful Tips, Expert Tricks, and Insider Secrets for Finding Hidden Treasures" is written by Brandon Neice
    and "Metal Detecting: A Beginner's Guide: to Mastering the Greatest Hobby In the World." is by Mark Smith.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    The day it started; I got the information from a friend and since then I "play" with it occasionally.
    Of course; the first thing that came to my mind was writing code for Arduino and other dev boards.
    I was shocked with the amount of senseless mistakes it was making.
    For example, for PWM often knows to engage a non-pwm pin, although I strictly always write that it is an Atmega328p or an Arduino UNO.
    However... as time goes on; it seems to be progressing and learning.
    I always delete all history and previous chats on purpose.
    Just so I can check if it generates answers based on experience from previous chats or not.
    Although it is not a safe method, because I am logged in, maybe the server still contains all my chats but I only delete them from my side.
    As time goes on; I am more and more convinced of it.
    Today after several months; it's still not a fully usable tool for writing any serious code.
    But it serves me as an excellent tool for shortening the work of writing code.
    I would call it "an outstanding and intuitive template maker".
    Ever since the days of Cobol, I've hated "conventions" and structures, headers, etc.
    And I have always had various templates in reserve on disk that I would change a little if necessary.
    Now with the help of ChatGPT AI, that job is also faster and easier.
    But it is good only with shorter functions, with longer code it generates errors by geometric progression.
    I always have to "walk" through the entire code and manually correct errors.
    However, I cannot say that it is not a certain progress and a great aid in the work.
    Just the other day I also tried Bing. Wow! What a conservative moron!
    Compared to ChatGPT Ai; Bing is still in early development.
    But Carl is right, ChatGPT AI just doesn't know how to say "I don't know".
    One day I was in too malicious a mood and repeated demands to it until it "passed out".
    It stopped generating the response but didn't say "I don't know" until the end...
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    I was wondering why everyone was ignoring me, like Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense. There are several other Carl Morelands, including a guy who has written books on antique maps. I think he's still kicking. My concern with AI tools like ChatGPT is that they "learn" by assimilating new information, including any misinformation they might run across or is intentionally fed to them. In other words, they are probably very gullible. I have no idea how ChatGPT came up with that response.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    My theory for accounting for these basic errors is that it has and continues to be trained with subjective bias which manifests itself in an ever growing series of unfortunate and basic factual errors. In short, it has been trained to lie.

    Unless there is some other Carl Moreland....

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    And not a word about "inside the metal detector" book.

    This is obviously deliberate. It cannot be that it should be capable of composing poetry but can't remember where it pissed yesterday.

    This is no trivial error on its part. Something is definitely wrong. Where did it learn that you were deceased? Which dataset? How can it emphatically state such when there is no evidence to support this claim? Especially when you logged on recently to interact with it.

    r.i.p Carl. We miss you!

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Carl, according to chatgpt, you're dead.



    Who is carl Moreland


    Carl Moreland (1961-201 was an American metal detecting expert and a well-known figure in the metal detecting community. He was also a historian, artifact collector, and author who contributed significantly to the field of metal detecting and the study of historical artifacts.

    Moreland was known for his extensive knowledge of metal detecting technologies, techniques, and history. He co-authored several books on metal detecting, including "The Metal Detecting Bible: Helpful Tips, Expert Tricks, and Insider Secrets for Finding Hidden Treasures" and "Metal Detecting: A Beginner's Guide: to Mastering the Greatest Hobby In the World."

    Moreland was also a prominent advocate for responsible metal detecting, emphasizing the importance of obtaining proper permission and respecting archaeological sites and historical artifacts. He passed away in 2018, leaving behind a legacy of knowledge and enthusiasm for metal detecting.​

    Leave a comment:


  • kosacid
    replied
    i had a go at it basically paste your code in and ask gpt to make it better or give you ideas to make the code faster, it did get a few things wrong like Arduino timer addresses so i told it to look them up and then it corrected its self and said it will remember in future but yes its fun and gives you new ideas on how to work stuff out

    Leave a comment:


  • darov922
    replied
    I'm thinking about what questions I would ask the AI ​​and there are basically 2:
    - how to increase the detection range of a PI metal detector?
    - How to detect small gold nuggets?​

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    I read an article on 'AI' systems that after training would have lots of Wrong information due to the training material (think it was web based).

    Reminds me of SiFi stories where the AI has totally wrong concepts. Some are funny others are deadly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    I also wonder how hard it is to feed it misinformation and have it wind up a complete gullibilly.

    Leave a comment:


  • bklein
    replied
    I wonder if someone can just go around trashing its responses by saying things like “Oh my blablabla book is better etc.”. I suspect I already saw a post that seems to come from it on a forum. It is going to be hard to tell truth from fiction and we may be deluged by autoposting bots that could kill forums.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Good to see the learning algorithm is working.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Carl,

    I posed the same question to ChatGPT just now.

    "What is a good book that explains metal detector design?"

    Response was ...




    "Inside the Metal Detector" by George Overton is a highly regarded book that provides a comprehensive overview of metal detector technology, design principles, and practical tips for building your own metal detector. Another recommended book is "The Art of Metal Detecting" by T.S. Libby, which covers various types of metal detectors and their applications, as well as tips for successful metal detecting.



    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Chat reminds me of some engineers I've known... incapable of saying "I don't know."

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X