Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arduino Nano PI Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Myntmaster
    replied
    The ax is the most important thing in assembly. Well, I soldered the details to the board. The connectors and the Arduinos themselves have not yet arrived. All parts are checked for compliance with ratings. Estimated time was approximately 1.5 hours...
    --------
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220316_091005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	762.8 KB
ID:	362670
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220316_091011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	762.7 KB
ID:	362671
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220316_091019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	803.9 KB
ID:	362672
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220316_091048.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	602.9 KB
ID:	362673

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinB View Post
    I do not recall using an an axe when I built mine.
    Or the finest aged resistors?

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by Myntmaster View Post
    I'm starting to assemble a metal detector Arduino Nano...
    [ATTACH]56925[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]56926[/ATTACH]
    I do not recall using an an axe when I built mine.

    Leave a comment:


  • Myntmaster
    replied
    I'm starting to assemble a metal detector Arduino Nano...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220315_064538.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	997.6 KB
ID:	362648
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220315_064546.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	911.8 KB
ID:	362649

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Myntmaster View Post
    We do not understand each other. About the inner and outer diameters I understand. Items shown in the photo and the range of their detection. This listing has been tested with which coil?
    It's the one shown in Fig. 4-3 and Fig. 4-4, and was wound with 1.7mm bell wire.

    Leave a comment:


  • Myntmaster
    replied
    We do not understand each other. About the inner and outer diameters I understand. Items shown in the photo and the range of their detection. This listing has been tested with which coil?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Myntmaster View Post
    I understand everything about the coil. The detection range in this photo ..[ATTACH]56875[/ATTACH]. is this for a 10" coil.?
    I suppose this raises the question as to how you define a coil's diameter. To be absolutely precise, the inner diameter of the coil bundle used for those measurements was 23cm (9.06"), and the outer diameter was 25cm (9.84"). As you can readily see, the coil bundle width was 1cm.
    The previous stated values for the coil diameter(s) were rounded up / down to the nearest inch.
    Hope this makes it clearer.

    Leave a comment:


  • Myntmaster
    replied
    I understand everything about the coil. The detection range in this photo ..Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220311_065821.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	402.4 KB
ID:	362601. is this for a 10" coil.?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Myntmaster View Post
    Hello. Finally, the book and boards arrived. About the book, everything is very intelligible, and my opinion is that even an elementary school student will assemble this detector without any problems. One question, target detection is for a 9" coil...? It remains to wait for the arduino.
    [ATTACH]56869[/ATTACH]
    The coil diameter is given on page 28 ( Step 8 ) as being wound on a 9" former, so that's the inner diameter. The outer diameter measurement is actually 25cm (10")..

    Leave a comment:


  • Myntmaster
    replied
    Hello. Finally, the book and boards arrived. About the book, everything is very intelligible, and my opinion is that even an elementary school student will assemble this detector without any problems. One question, target detection is for a 9" coil...? It remains to wait for the arduino.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220310_092336.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	705.3 KB
ID:	362596

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by David_1 View Post
    "As with all detectors, you will only find something if you pass over a target."
    This is my worry if you pass over a target not find it and the guy behind you picks it up... has anyone tested this against other detectors ?

    Thankyou.. !
    Not used mine in field yet, but air tests look very promising. Must get it boxed up and put to use.

    Leave a comment:


  • David_1
    replied
    "As with all detectors, you will only find something if you pass over a target."
    This is my worry if you pass over a target not find it and the guy behind you picks it up... has anyone tested this against other detectors ?

    Thankyou.. !

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by David_1 View Post
    I have spent along time reading about this Pi detector, it seems to have been of great interest to many others But here is a question for all the people that have built it, What have you found, is this your goto Detector... have you found a better one ?
    Thanks
    As with all detectors, you will only find something if you pass over a target.

    Leave a comment:


  • Olly
    replied
    Originally posted by David_1 View Post
    cool which beach ! or what country
    Here in the UK, mainly around Wales and Cornwall...

    Leave a comment:


  • David_1
    replied
    Originally posted by Olly View Post
    I've built two of these and use them regularly on the beach with great results.
    They just work...
    cool which beach ! or what country

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X