Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arduino Nano PI Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    Fingers crossed. I soldered up a 3rd one after work today and it worked a treat.

    Got to wait a few weeks for mailing from USA, but fingers x'd.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    You may not need it. You can check how many pins a DipTrace design requires by selecting "File> Schematic Information" in the schematic package.
    The Pro Q design uses 258 pins out of the maximum of 300.

    I was wondering how to do that, thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    Thanks for the link, I had considered requesting this before but I think that I shall follow through now.
    You may not need it. You can check how many pins a DipTrace design requires by selecting "File> Schematic Information" in the schematic package.
    The Pro Q design uses 258 pins out of the maximum of 300.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Seeing that these nano's worked for you I have ordered some, hope they work for what they cost to purchase them from Australia.
    Fingers crossed. I soldered up a 3rd one after work today and it worked a treat.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by godigit1 View Post
    I was able to find the link to the 500 pin free dip trace.

    Took me bit to figure what I had searched before as it was a while ago.

    DipTrace offers special discounts for hobbyists who need more capabilities than provided by the DipTrace Freeware, but cannot afford the commercial version. This special license is granted on a non-commercial basis (this means that you don't earn money from using it). Any commercial use of software with non-profit license is illegal.

    I had to email them and ask for a code but it was pretty quick as they got back to me the next day.

    Best
    Thanks for the link, I had considered requesting this before but I think that I shall follow through now.

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    I was able to find the link to the 500 pin free dip trace.

    Took me bit to figure what I had searched before as it was a while ago.

    DipTrace offers special discounts for hobbyists who need more capabilities than provided by the DipTrace Freeware, but cannot afford the commercial version. This special license is granted on a non-commercial basis (this means that you don't earn money from using it). Any commercial use of software with non-profit license is illegal.

    I had to email them and ask for a code but it was pretty quick as they got back to me the next day.

    Best

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    The non recognition of the clone board is interesting. I was fortunate enough to have mine recognized as a Nano, at least one out of four that I purchased. I shall solder up the other 3 and try them.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Seeing that these nano's worked for you I have ordered some, hope they work for what they cost to purchase them from Australia.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by godigit1 View Post
    Hi 6666 thanks for doing the pdf on the pro Q. In the past I've had to take pictures of the board and post them
    now that you guys have done it I can figure it out by your posts and you guys wont have to look at bad pictures of my boards anymore
    Cheers

    All good GD
    the trick with the pdf is to use the scale and print scale and drag to get the sch inside the square
    you can also save the sch or pcb as a bitmap or jpg, on a win 10 machine
    File
    preview
    adjust scale and print scale
    click the + to drag the sch or pcb into square with mouse, then alter the scale and print scale to suit
    save
    save as bitmap or jpg
    change to 300 DPI to get a good quality picture when zooming
    name file
    save
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Got up early to do write up, Its seems you got it to work, there are a couple of ways to resize etc to make PDF, back to bed
    Hi 6666 thanks for doing the pdf on the pro Q. In the past I've had to take pictures of the board and post them
    now that you guys have done it I can figure it out by your posts and you guys wont have to look at bad pictures of my boards anymore
    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Lam-part View Post
    What sample ranges?
    It's all described in the book, but if you're referring to the main sample delay, you can actually figure out the answer to your question by looking at the Arduino software. With the current version, the delay can be adjusted from 10us to 72.5us. Obviously you can modify the code to do whatever you want.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Obviously I don't have "Microsoft Print to PDF" as an option in Linux, so you've made me go and use Windows 10.
    Here's the PDF for the Arduino Nano PI Detector attached.
    I'll also put this file in post #1.

    Got up early to do write up, Its seems you got it to work, there are a couple of ways to resize etc to make PDF, back to bed

    Leave a comment:


  • Lam-part
    replied
    What sample ranges?

    Leave a comment:


  • Winston2021
    replied
    I only recently ordered and received your Voodoo Project book which will be N/A for now because I just ordered your book for this project and really like the programmability concept and the fact that you're using a cheap Arduino board. I've always wondered why so many microcontroller-based project creators don't do the same, but it seems to be catching on. It simplifies everything including the PCB design and reduces or eliminates the need to do surface mount component soldering.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    In Windows 10:
    File
    Preview
    Select X icon
    Drag schematic onto sheet
    Resize print scale to ensure schematic is captured in print area
    Select Print
    Select Microsoft print to PDF
    Obviously I don't have "Microsoft Print to PDF" as an option in Linux, so you've made me go and use Windows 10.
    Here's the PDF for the Arduino Nano PI Detector attached.
    I'll also put this file in post #1.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Since you've obviously discovered a means of generating a PDF, I decided to give it another go. However, the print option does not allow me to print to a file. In the end I selected File > Preview and saved the schematic as a jpg image, and then viewed the image in a viewer and saved it as PDF. Unfortunately the result is not a clear as the one you created.

    So... how did you do it?
    In Windows 10:
    File
    Preview
    Select X icon
    Drag schematic onto sheet
    Resize print scale to ensure schematic is captured in print area
    Select Print
    Select Microsoft print to PDF

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X