Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arduino Nano PI Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Since you've obviously discovered a means of generating a PDF, I decided to give it another go. However, the print option does not allow me to print to a file. In the end I selected File > Preview and saved the schematic as a jpg image, and then viewed the image in a viewer and saved it as PDF. Unfortunately the result is not a clear as the one you created.

    So... how did you do it?

    I will try and do a write up tomorrow, its late here, it did take some manipulating.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    I worked out how to make a PDF in DT
    the PRO-Q.
    Since you've obviously discovered a means of generating a PDF, I decided to give it another go. However, the print option does not allow me to print to a file. In the end I selected File > Preview and saved the schematic as a jpg image, and then viewed the image in a viewer and saved it as PDF. Unfortunately the result is not a clear as the one you created.

    So... how did you do it?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    There are no brand names on the PCB. I am also using the 328P (regular) bootloader and that is using the IDE 1.8.12 along with Windows 10, so there certainly appears to be some other factors in the mix.
    I'm using IDE 1.8.13 with Linux Mint.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Thanks , are there any brand names on the pcb ?
    after much messing about my conclusion is my new nano is faulty in the 340 chip, I can read the 328 hex back out of the chip via icsp , so all may not be lost, but will have to order some more boards and cross fingers.
    What seems to work for a nano with the 340 chip is if your IDE is 1.8.5 and up use the " 328p old boot loader" in processor,
    if its under 1.8.5 use 328p, at least thats on a windows machine.
    There are no brand names on the PCB. I am also using the 328P (regular) bootloader and that is using the IDE 1.8.12 along with Windows 10, so there certainly appears to be some other factors in the mix.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    Hi 6666,
    I tried one more of my batch and it worked well, I was going to do all 3 but I got side tracked building an LED clock kit. I am using version 1.8.12 of the IDE

    Thanks , are there any brand names on the pcb ?
    after much messing about my conclusion is my new nano is faulty in the 340 chip, I can read the 328 hex back out of the chip via icsp , so all may not be lost, but will have to order some more boards and cross fingers.
    What seems to work for a nano with the 340 chip is if your IDE is 1.8.5 and up use the " 328p old boot loader" in processor,
    if its under 1.8.5 use 328p, at least thats on a windows machine.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    I worked out how to make a PDF in DT
    the PRO-Q.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Lots of useful parts, and at an inexpensive price.
    I've saved that URL for future reference.
    Thanks George
    They are one of three local suppliers I use on a regular basis. Wherever possible I support local business because when they are gone, they are gone!

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by toolnuts View Post
    What changes should be made on this design to make it good at hunting gold?
    godigit1 has started working on a modified version of the Arduino Nano PI detector to add ground balance. Have a look at his posts in this thread,

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by toolnuts View Post

    I hope the quality of printing is better on this new book, than on the VooDoo book.

    What changes should be made on this design to make it good at hunting gold?
    The new book is much better from the standpoint of the included diagrams which are well-sized.

    What form of gold are you searching for, nuggets(prospecting) or jewelry at the beach? As stated the design is essentially that of a SurfPI.

    Leave a comment:


  • toolnuts
    replied
    Hi George,

    I hope the quality of printing is better on this new book, than on the VooDoo book.

    What changes should be made on this design to make it good at hunting gold?

    Thanks Qiaozhi,

    Paul

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    godigit1 - I've examined the design, and here are my findings:

    There were a few ERC errors that I fixed in a previous post.
    Some resistors were missing their values and PCB footprints, Also, the Gain, TX, and RX connectors did not have a PCB footprint. These have now been corrected.

    In the Arduino Nano PI the preamp is in a non-inverting configuration. Consequently I've changed your dual-stage preamp to also be non-inverting. I'm not sure whether you can get away without having the null offset though.

    What do you plan to do with the SD card, as I'm pretty sure it will need more than one connection? Even so, the Nano is programmed via the USB port, so I don't know how that would even work.
    Thank you for fixing the schematic and thank you as well deluka for helping.

    I can see I need to add some libraries to my Dip trace.
    On the V- on my version of dip I cannot find that actual symbol in the net ports.
    If I use the ref designator and change it does it automatically add it to the net port?
    I've been doing it wrong for a while now and just fixing the Pcb.

    As you can tell I'm no engineer and still trying to figure it all out. I appreciate you double checking me and wow fixing it for me wasnt expected but thank you so much your awesome.

    The Sd card module connects to the ICSP connector and the D4 data line so we can just pretty much plug it in.
    I've found the software for it but will need to write a code to boot the Nano from the Sd card.

    My thought behind the SD card is being able to load different perimeters in the field.
    For experimentation with GB timings as well as adjusting the detector to different ground or type of hunting you intend to do.
    (mainly Ground balance testing)

    We could have different cards with basically a whole detector change being possible Ie going from a 1000, 100 us on time first sample at 15 us for beach and swapping cards to say 2000 pps 50 us on time and under 10 us sampling if the coil and op amp can support it.
    I know your covering good ground with the boost and sample delay and maybe I'm overthinking it a bit
    I think with a proper coil maybe in the higher 300 us range might be a good balance for this kind of set up.

    Ill go ahead and add the offset null Just in case its needed. Ill post the pcb here for anyone who might be interested in it when
    its done. It should work without any extra code as is just have to short out U3 and U4.

    Thanks again for your help and everything you do for all of us.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinB View Post
    Try this UK company. I find them good and reliable. Arduino compatible Nano with CH340 USB IC (hobbycomponents.com)
    Lots of useful parts, and at an inexpensive price.
    I've saved that URL for future reference.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    The non recognition of the clone board is interesting. I was fortunate enough to have mine recognized as a Nano, at least one out of four that I purchased. I shall solder up the other 3 and try them.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Try this UK company. I find them good and reliable. Arduino compatible Nano with CH340 USB IC (hobbycomponents.com)

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    godigit1 - I've examined the design, and here are my findings:

    There were a few ERC errors that I fixed in a previous post.
    Some resistors were missing their values and PCB footprints, Also, the Gain, TX, and RX connectors did not have a PCB footprint. These have now been corrected.

    In the Arduino Nano PI the preamp is in a non-inverting configuration. Consequently I've changed your dual-stage preamp to also be non-inverting. I'm not sure whether you can get away without having the null offset though.

    What do you plan to do with the SD card, as I'm pretty sure it will need more than one connection? Even so, the Nano is programmed via the USB port, so I don't know how that would even work.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    surfdetector Have you tried the other 3 nano's yet ? what version of the IDE do you have ? thanks.
    Hi 6666,
    I tried one more of my batch and it worked well, I was going to do all 3 but I got side tracked building an LED clock kit. I am using version 1.8.12 of the IDE

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X