Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arduino Nano PI Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    The non recognition of the clone board is interesting. I was fortunate enough to have mine recognized as a Nano, at least one out of four that I purchased. I shall solder up the other 3 and try them.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    surfdetector Have you tried the other 3 nano's yet ? what version of the IDE do you have ? thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    As daluka pointed out, there are some ERC errors in the schematic.

    I've corrected these in the attached file.
    The first two are associated with C4, where you have the wire running through the symbol resulting in R34 being connected to GND instead of U3.
    Errors 3, 5, 6, 7, and 9 are all associated with R3 having an unconnected pin.
    Error 4 is an unconnected pin on R6.
    Finally, R8 is caused by a net with a single pin. This is because the -5V symbol should actually be V-.

    By the way, I never use 4-way crossovers, as it makes it difficult to see whether this is an intended connection or if it is simply two perpendicular wires crossing each other. Although there is a tie dot, you have to zoom in to see it. I always stagger the connections. For example, have a look at the original Arduino PI schematic at the base of Q5.

    I'll have a look tomorrow at the actual design.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Just down loaded DipTrace. What a fantastic freeware programme. Thanks George.
    Ordered book last night and it arrives tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • daluka
    replied
    Originally posted by godigit1 View Post
    Hi everyone ,
    Please help me to look over this schematic
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ERC_Pro Q Arduino_PI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	359398

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    Hi everyone ,
    Please help me to look over this schematic I think I'm ready to start tweaking the Pwb but really need some help looking things over to double check me.
    I made some tweaks to the schematic I added the mur diode a dual op amp, DD coil connections, Swapped out the 4066 chopper for a J113 added the two sample switches and a gain pot at U52 and Data pin for a Sd card.

    I used jumpers for the sample switches so they can be isolated and if the dual amp and the J113 work properly it should work fine with no software changes. But now a rudimentary GB can be experimented with.



    I went with the Mpp op amp and eliminated the offset null.
    Can I Get away with that or should I add it back ?

    I was thinking just go back to single amp and do a double one dead bug style if we really wanted it .

    I'm not sure how the audio chopper really works its not been on the designs I've been trying to learn from so its the biggest question for me if I connected the J113 correctly?
    once the board is up and running i can study what its doing..

    I'm calling the board Arduino pi pro Q if that's Ok with you Qiaozhi, thought Pro Q sounded cool.

    Pro Q Arduino_PI.zip

    Any help or suggestions would be a great help .

    Thanks All

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Well my old nano is working with "old boot loader" ok now,
    cannot get the new nano to work at all with the IDE, might try and burn the hex file.
    Amazon say my book should be here on 8th April, we will see.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Unfortunately that means you have to pay more money for the genuine version.

    I will try programming the Nano from a Windows machine a bit later, and let you know whether there were any issues.

    Found some info online in tools/ processor ,Try using "328 old boot loader" seems to work with nano

    My IDE used to work with my nano which has 340 chip by default
    but after IDE and board library upgrades this setting now has to be selected manually to work with older nano's.
    at least it now works with my nano.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    I downloaded this driver to see if it would make any difference, but when I tried to install it, it said "Driver Install Failure".
    The non recognition of the clone board is interesting. I was fortunate enough to have mine recognized as a Nano, at least one out of four that I purchased. I shall solder up the other 3 and try them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    I think that the key to the CH340 is using the best driver. This one is the latest from the maker of the CH340 for anyone who might be looking for it. I am also using a Nano clone and it worked without a flaw.
    http://www.wch-ic.com/downloads/CH341SER_ZIP.html
    I downloaded this driver to see if it would make any difference, but when I tried to install it, it said "Driver Install Failure".

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    It appears that Windows 10 has the CH340 driver already installed, but it does get a little cranky if you select the wrong port, which is a bit of guesswork.

    My Uno board was recognized on COM7 as "Arduino Uno", and "Get Board Info" displayed the S/N, etc.
    However, the Nano board was not recognized, but did program when COM8 was selected. "Get Board Info" said it was an unknown board.

    On Linux Mint the Uno is correctly recognized, but (again) the Nano is an unknown board, although both boards can be consistently programmed without any problems.
    I only resort to using Windoze when I really have to. Otherwise Linux is my preferred OS.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinB View Post
    Hi George
    Sometimes Windows does not like the CH340 driver. For that reason, I always use the FT232 chip. The driver for this chip is native in the Windows environment.
    I think that the key to the CH340 is using the best driver. This one is the latest from the maker of the CH340 for anyone who might be looking for it. I am also using a Nano clone and it worked without a flaw.
    WCH is an IC design company that designs chips based on self-developed professional interface IP and microprocessor IP. Its main products include USB/Bluetooth/Ethernet interface chips and connected/interconnected/wireless MCUs, which focus on connectivity, networking and control.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinB View Post
    For that reason, I always use the FT232 chip.
    Unfortunately that means you have to pay more money for the genuine version.

    I will try programming the Nano from a Windows machine a bit later, and let you know whether there were any issues.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    Looking forward to the build Marty.
    Arduino is all new to me but I am happy to keep learning at my age.
    Cheers
    Hi Surfdetector
    If I can learn it at my age, I am sure you can.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Andy has the PCBs on order, and I expect he will update the website when they arrive. He was able to replicate the project because I sent him a PCB.

    The Arduino Nanos I used were from Elegoo. These boards have the CH340 chip instead of the original FT232 USB UART IC, but in programming terms these boards are 100% compatible. Linux Mint already has the correct driver loaded. However, Windows may not have this pre-installed. If so, the manufacturers will have a suitable driver on their website.

    I haven't heard anything about memory problems on clone boards. Where did you hear about that?

    Hi George
    Sometimes Windows does not like the CH340 driver. For that reason, I always use the FT232 chip. The driver for this chip is native in the Windows environment.

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    Hi Qiaozhi,
    This project comes at a good time in my learning with the code you provided and the book its kinda the missing link for me.
    the way you spell out the code is better than months of trying to figure things out on my own.

    I did select the gen 2 board to load and loaded the support package for intel boards. I think I may be having problems because its not supported any more or maybe something on the lennox side could be done. I have some nanos coming I just had it and some Edisons left over from drone builds.
    wanted to see if they would work.

    Thanks for doing the gerbers on dip trace, I wanted to add that you can get a 500 pin version for free if you make a request of them and if its only for personal use.
    Im going to do a spin off board with 4 sample capability dual amp and mur 460 as well as the arduino Pi but I have several forum beach projects completed , that being said i like the idea of tweaking it a little and doing A sd bootable sketch Im thinking just about a little more versatility maybe.
    I think the Sd card Idea could be useful even just for minor timing changes from say wet to dry sand if not to roll all those machines into one.
    could even work in the voodoo's capabilities but that's for the more advanced members and yourself I'm not there yet..

    Be well

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X