Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arduino Nano PI Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    OK - good luck.

    Leave a comment:


  • nogi
    replied
    George, thanks for the advice you gave me.
    The single pulse is the output of the TP5, the time base setting in my diagram is 100us.
    To correct my mistake I went to watch the surfdetector's videos and rebuild the board.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	9a12210df1ce8e79fbd4159f4e26deb.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	611.8 KB
ID:	416506
    When testing the TP6 output I did not add the damping resistor, comparing it to the results in his video, I found that the expansion of my waveforms was too long (timebase setting is still 100us).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	651a4c959367de81968c09c5388cb0e.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	416507
    So I think my homemade coils might not be good enough, I'll make a new one and check that again.
    Thanks again for the help.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    According to the values given, your coil should be about 403uH, so that's not the problem.

    Is the single pulse shown on your scope the main sample pulse?
    If so, you appear to be sampling before the preamp output has settled.
    What is your timebase setting?

    Also, you have made the rookie mistake of building the whole detector and not testing each stage as you go along.

    Leave a comment:


  • nogi
    replied
    I'm a metal detector amateurs and my electronic knowledge is not very good, I'm reproducing this project, but I'm having difficulties, when I measure the TP6 waveform,I found that it's not good, and there is almost no induction for coins.​​Is it because the inductance of my coil is too small.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1697894322836.png
Views:	612
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	416394​
    I'm using a coil calculator to figure it out. It's 26AWG,210mm diameter, 25 turnsClick image for larger version

Name:	f43d2eb5eaa742e95874f00aefe5177.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	332.1 KB
ID:	416395Click image for larger version

Name:	_20231021211247.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	559.0 KB
ID:	416396​​

    Leave a comment:


  • yoyo27983
    replied
    Does anyone have a link to the project pcb on JLCPCB?
    I would like to order a few boards.

    UPDATE> I just ordered them! for $2 for 5.

    Leave a comment:


  • jamespage93433
    replied
    Here is my new coil being built.Click image for larger version

Name:	20230522_073538[1].jpg
Views:	712
Size:	628.8 KB
ID:	412612

    Leave a comment:


  • jamespage93433
    replied
    Thanks for the link!

    I had gotten the volume pot wired wrong, fixed it.

    Tried taking my round coil off the former and made it an oval shape but now getting ripple from preamp, didnt readjust the dampening resistor, so decided to build new coil.

    Almost done with the physical contruction of the shaft,pole,armrest and grip. Started with electronic under armrest, too heavy, going to sling pack electronics/batt/knobs or fanny pack Click image for larger version

Name:	20230519_061235.jpg
Views:	874
Size:	634.5 KB
ID:	412550
    There were some silkscreening errors that needed fixing.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20230519_062018.jpg
Views:	841
Size:	613.5 KB
ID:	412552
    Hope to finish shaft,coil holder ,armrest and take pics today.

    James
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by jamespage93433 View Post

    I am searching insight on what exaclty to look for while adjusting r12 at (testpoint 6?!?)

    Its May 2023 Bump
    Greetings to all
    James

    This video shows the R12 adjustment.

    Leave a comment:


  • jamespage93433
    replied
    Just built this, is working awesome, but I feel there is room for improvement on my calibration skills.

    Happy to see some recent posts! Bump

    Kosacid - I have no response from Vol pot. Its just loud. I suspect the problem is the circuit on page 15 fig. 2-7. The potentiometer is wired more like a speaker L-pad or just different. Shows no voltage divider to +12v ,wired straight to it. The ground switched from Q5 thru R20. HEY just look at the 1k pot its wired like a resistave load, the pl5 is being fed power both ends..........that goof on your scope on both channels is the beep, its drawing a load as it is a floating ground having been wired sorta similar to dolby center channel which is the potential difference from left positive to right positive.

    I am searching insight on what exaclty to look for while adjusting r12 at (testpoint 6?!?) I am using rs485 PE insulated wire for coil and the entire cable (1 pair) for coil to board connection, critical dampening achieved, working on lowering coil to shield capacitance (i sprayed it with krlon clear spray, not advised)

    Its May 2023 Bump
    Greetings to all
    James

    Leave a comment:


  • kosacid
    replied
    if you look at the yellow trace you will see a slight curve i wonder if there is a short on the amp going to remove the chip holder and try again the line gose up and down when you adjust the threshold

    Leave a comment:


  • kosacid
    replied
    love them videoes by the way

    Leave a comment:


  • kosacid
    replied
    yes it is fine i built another and it is working fine but the board thats not working i striped the caps and redone the integrator still the same i get a slight curve on the scope on TP11
    Click image for larger version

Name:	arduino_pi.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	410117

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by kosacid View Post
    is there a error on the audio integrator circuit i just built this and TP10 and TP11 is not very responsive
    At about the 2 minute point in my video I show what TP 10 and 11 look like as tested with my oscilloscope.
    ​​​​​​https://youtu.be/G1gUYHVw20k

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by kosacid View Post
    is there a error on the audio integrator circuit i just built this and TP10 and TP11 is not very responsive
    There is definitely no error in the ANPI design.

    Leave a comment:


  • kosacid
    replied
    is there a error on the audio integrator circuit i just built this and TP10 and TP11 is not very responsive

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X