Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arduino Nano PI Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • surfdetector
    replied
    Well done Marty. Good on you for sticking with it.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thanks guys,,,,nightmare over! I can sort their enclosures and stems/coils etc now. I'll post my tests results later. Just got to sort my Crossbows now,,,it's been 2 months of frustration! Lol. Here's a link to the Dutch company I used for the latest 'Original' NE5534's. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324387725380
    They took quite awhile to arrive but I'm not so bothered now I know they work. They do a lot of other IC's as well. They cost a bit more but I won't be buying from my previous sellers again only ordering from somewhere reputable because it cost me more in the long run and the frustration was even worse! Hope no one else suffers at the hands of these scammers,,,Lol. Happy building everyone! Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Good work Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hi All,,Finally got my 2 x ANPI's sorted! ''FAKE'' chips! Over the last 2 months I've ordered 3 different batches each of 3 tyes of IC's, the NE5534, the LT1054 and the 7660s,,,,all 3 batches of each chip were fake. After ordering the same chips from a company in Holland (New-Old stock) I finally have 2 working ANPI's. I ordered quite a few extra chips from them also for the Crossbows I built that I couldn't get to work. I'm hoping that the new chips will rectify the problems with the Crossbow because it uses the same IC's. I will try them tonight with fingers crossed! Lol. @MartinB,,,Thanks again for the working and programmed Nano you kindly sent me, I'll be glad to post you one back if you'd like me to. The Nano's I programmed by extracting the Hex work also so I'm glad I learnt that correctly (Thanks 6666). @George,,,I'm still sending you that Nano that just packed in for no reason, I haven't forgot! Lol. I've done a few tests with 2 coils this morning and I'm really happy with the results. Both coils were 3DSS. One coil was 7" and the other 8.5". I will post some of my tests results later though when I've re-checked everything with both ANPI's and made sure my coils are critically damped to their best. Really pleased with this little detector,,,,Big thanks again to George for another brill project!! Thanks, Regards, Marty.
    Hi Marty
    Really pleased that you have managed to get everything sorted and working. Well done m8.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hi All,,Finally got my 2 x ANPI's sorted! ''FAKE'' chips! Over the last 2 months I've ordered 3 different batches each of 3 tyes of IC's, the NE5534, the LT1054 and the 7660s,,,,all 3 batches of each chip were fake. After ordering the same chips from a company in Holland (New-Old stock) I finally have 2 working ANPI's. I ordered quite a few extra chips from them also for the Crossbows I built that I couldn't get to work. I'm hoping that the new chips will rectify the problems with the Crossbow because it uses the same IC's. I will try them tonight with fingers crossed! Lol. @MartinB,,,Thanks again for the working and programmed Nano you kindly sent me, I'll be glad to post you one back if you'd like me to. The Nano's I programmed by extracting the Hex work also so I'm glad I learnt that correctly (Thanks 6666). @George,,,I'm still sending you that Nano that just packed in for no reason, I haven't forgot! Lol. I've done a few tests with 2 coils this morning and I'm really happy with the results. Both coils were 3DSS. One coil was 7" and the other 8.5". I will post some of my tests results later though when I've re-checked everything with both ANPI's and made sure my coils are critically damped to their best. Really pleased with this little detector,,,,Big thanks again to George for another brill project!! Thanks, Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by dingbatca View Post
    I like the 12x6", but I have a 14x7" elliptical basket in the works.

    Take these measurements all with a grain of salt.
    Field tested 12x6" elliptical coil I can reliably pick up a US Nickel at 7 inches (18CM).
    6.5" Basket coil I can reliably pick up a US Nickel at 9 inches (23CM).

    Thanks always good to know.

    Leave a comment:


  • dingbatca
    replied
    I like the 12x6", but I have a 14x7" elliptical basket in the works.

    Take these measurements all with a grain of salt.
    Field tested 12x6" elliptical coil I can reliably pick up a US Nickel at 7 inches (18CM).
    6.5" Basket coil I can reliably pick up a US Nickel at 9 inches (23CM).
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    dingbatca what distance are you getting on a nickel ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by dingbatca View Post
    Just figured I would post up some fun pictures of my first field tested NanoPI. Worked well at the local river (Finds1). Managed to give my Nokta Simplex+ a challenge in wet sand beach condition. This is FAR from my final, polished version. Just proving out the mechanical stuff. I must admit my foam backed coil is rather light weight! ;-)
    Great to see that some builds actually make it off the bench and into the real world.

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt_Rowe
    replied
    dingbatca, the build looks good, great way to test first before putting in a lot of work for a final result. does your coil make a pretty good overlap to reduce area covered.

    Leave a comment:


  • dingbatca
    replied
    Just figured I would post up some fun pictures of my first field tested NanoPI. Worked well at the local river (Finds1). Managed to give my Nokta Simplex+ a challenge in wet sand beach condition. This is FAR from my final, polished version. Just proving out the mechanical stuff. I must admit my foam backed coil is rather light weight! ;-)
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by Olly View Post
    My wife also wanted one, so had to make two.


    Stems from China via Amazon at around ?20 each (4 weeks wait though)
    Batteries are 3x LiIon cells which slide into the bottom section of the case.
    The case, panels and knobs are all 3D printed, as is the coil former on the LH detector.

    Off for a beach holiday in Jersey in a few weeks time to put them to the test.
    Many thanks all for the help.
    Looks great. Thanks for sharing

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    hi, the damping of l1 is 312ohm, the setting is done with the potentiometer tool described here by George. the method is to start with the coil l1, then to do the same thing on the totality of the two .. the total damp is at 300ohm. the Q is 1.25 before damping. I use 0.040mm litz wire because the srf is 850khz to 1.5mhz. But we leave the NANO subject, we can restart a subject in the coils ...
    I specify that the direction of rotation of the fields is important,! otherwise they cancel and the inductance drops.

    Thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Great work Olly

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Olly View Post
    My wife also wanted one, so had to make two.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]55433[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]55434[/ATTACH]

    Stems from China via Amazon at around ?20 each (4 weeks wait though)
    Batteries are 3x LiIon cells which slide into the bottom section of the case.
    The case, panels and knobs are all 3D printed, as is the coil former on the LH detector.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]55430[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]55431[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]55437[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]55435[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]55436[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]55429[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]55432[/ATTACH]
    Off for a beach holiday in Jersey in a few weeks time to put them to the test.
    Many thanks all for the help.
    Great job!
    Hope you have a wonderful holiday, and show us your finds!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X