Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BARACUDA-Legend-1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bernte_one
    replied
    got my baracuda working yesterday for a minute then i touch my coil and it was very warm als my tip127 was hot too i think the problem is caused of all my substitue transistors or something is damaged

    waiting for the full kit now

    (my coils are waiting for get pulsed)

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Thanks Silverdog for your advice.

    Best regards
    Nelson



    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    I've just received the DHL tracking number - the boards are on the way
    Hopefully they will be with me by Friday, I will have some time at the weekend to make one and put together some kits

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    I've just received the DHL tracking number - the boards are on the way
    Hopefully they will be with me by Friday, I will have some time at the weekend to make one and put together some kits

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by nelson View Post

    i M WATING FOR THE BARRACUDA BOARDS.
    I HOPE YOU CAN OFFER A FULL KIT
    Me too. But my order will not follow until middle of July, because of hollydays.

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    HI SILVERDOG
    i M WATING FOR THE BARRACUDA BOARDS.
    I HOPE YOU CAN OFFER A FULL KIT
    REGARDS
    NELSON



    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    Got my Baracuda working last night

    I must say I'm impressed, a quick and dirty coil made from 7 strand equipment wire diameter approx 20cm was picking up my wedding ring at 20cm and that was on the noisy bench with the coil on my lap - I will be experimenting more with coils over the next few evenings

    This is going to be fun on the beaches this summer !!

    Boards should be here any day - look out for early bird offers !

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by silverdog View Post

    Boards should be here any day - look out for early bird offers !
    i am a early bird check the shop every day

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    The schematic show 453uH, 1.4R with a 330R damping resistor
    Its a simple mono loop - see ApBergs red wire picture earlier in this thread
    My test coil was simple cheap 7 strand equipment wire, approx 24 turns around a paint pot - maybe 17cm diameter ? - I'll try some different coils over the coming days and try to post some pictures with the results

    Leave a comment:


  • lunamay
    replied
    hi silverdog
    i wish to ask about the coil
    is there a special way of making this coil or is it just wire wind like so without stiffness? maybe some coil details inductance or resistance..what kind of wire?

    best regards

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Got my Baracuda working last night

    I must say I'm impressed, a quick and dirty coil made from 7 strand equipment wire diameter approx 20cm was picking up my wedding ring at 20cm and that was on the noisy bench with the coil on my lap - I will be experimenting more with coils over the next few evenings

    This is going to be fun on the beaches this summer !!

    Boards should be here any day - look out for early bird offers !

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by lunamay View Post

    and how about this coil details?? what kind of wire? what induction and resistance?

    and what is the way to make this coil?

    best regards to all interested
    You can use any standard PI coil of say 333.33uH.

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi Silverdog
    Nice to hear that, son i m waiting for barracuda kits.
    About surfmaster pcb, yes i think is a good idea to include a kit not only with the long pcb, also the wider one.
    Best regards
    Nelson


    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    I got a few pcb's made, not that I thought there was an error, more because I wanted to build one and I keep getting requests for a simple Pi but not the longboard surf, something that will fit in a more traditional housing.
    The Baracuda board is another great design by Ap, at just 97 x 66 mm it does the job nicely

    I have ordered a batch of boards which should take about a week and I'll get the parts to offer some kits as well

    happy hunting

    Silverdog

    Leave a comment:


  • lunamay
    replied
    and how about this coil details?? what kind of wire? what induction and resistance?

    and what is the way to make this coil?

    best regards to all interested

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Baracuda PCB

    I got a few pcb's made, not that I thought there was an error, more because I wanted to build one and I keep getting requests for a simple Pi but not the longboard surf, something that will fit in a more traditional housing.
    The Baracuda board is another great design by Ap, at just 97 x 66 mm it does the job nicely

    I have ordered a batch of boards which should take about a week and I'll get the parts to offer some kits as well

    happy hunting

    Silverdog

    Leave a comment:


  • smity
    replied
    Hi Appie!!! I think that the button need to adjust the sensitivity threshold. I did so .... Resistor "threshold" put in the middle position .... Closed the button .... Turned resistor "delay" in a situation where a constant audio tone passed in silence. All the more to the controller delay, I did not touch. Later you can add a "threshold" to the desired level .... Very good sensitivity to small objects made of gold (1gramm pendant and earrings 1.2 grams). Thank you so much Appie, and Alexismex! You did a great job. Sincerely.

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Originally posted by smity View Post
    In the scheme will work only 7660A and 7660SCPAZ. Sincerely.

    Hello Smity

    Thanks for checking, perhaps a diode in the + batt to the ICL7660 can give some drop in volts.. just to be sure ?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X